Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:23 am
x.Shino.x
Lt. Brookman
Not to sound Americano-phobic, but I am glad that we got UK writer Dan Abnett partially behind the story, he knows what he's writing about.

On the other hand, this is a great move as US comics are ******** cheap compared to BL publications. A lot thinner and more eye candy in most cases then real story, but affordable. Who knows, maybe well see Imperial Guard comic books soon.

It's usually villain of the day (or issue) so a change of pace would be nice. I would be interested to see how they would do an Imperial Guard comic book, would it be from the perpestive of a single guardsmen, a whole regiment or maybe even a commisar? Hell maybe even Gaunts Ghosts.

Oh no! Not Gaunt's Ghosts, I'm getting sick and tired of the Tanith this and Gaunt that, there are other regiments out there, let them get the spotlight for a change already. I'd like to see a comic about Tallarn, or the Praetorians, now that would make for good reading value.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:12 am
Lt. Brookman
x.Shino.x
Lt. Brookman
Not to sound Americano-phobic, but I am glad that we got UK writer Dan Abnett partially behind the story, he knows what he's writing about.

On the other hand, this is a great move as US comics are ******** cheap compared to BL publications. A lot thinner and more eye candy in most cases then real story, but affordable. Who knows, maybe well see Imperial Guard comic books soon.

It's usually villain of the day (or issue) so a change of pace would be nice. I would be interested to see how they would do an Imperial Guard comic book, would it be from the perpestive of a single guardsmen, a whole regiment or maybe even a commisar? Hell maybe even Gaunts Ghosts.

Oh no! Not Gaunt's Ghosts, I'm getting sick and tired of the Tanith this and Gaunt that, there are other regiments out there, let them get the spotlight for a change already. I'd like to see a comic about Tallarn, or the Praetorians, now that would make for good reading value.

Its true i mean isn't it time to let the Ghosts get on with being an actual regiment and not get involved in all the "Lets be the only ones who can stop evil from taking over a segment of the galaxy while also rooting out evil within our regiment usually culminating in the death of some pure evil psycho who was half chaos anyway".  

Malarauko

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:03 am
Well, anything would look good in a comic come to think of it, I want a comic based around Inquisitor, much like Inquisitor Ascendant or Eisenhorn, but in pictures. I want Abnett's brain to be hooked up the that super-Pentagon-nuke computer and use it to crank out novels and comics from now on! domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:16 am
Truthfully ive only read 2 Gaunts Ghost books so I havent gotten tired of them yet, although an Inquisitor comic book would be awesome whee !  

x.Shino.x

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:29 am
Black Templars comic cover art, CONFIRMED.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39047535/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:33 pm
Lt. Brookman

...bitchin.  

narutobro

Spartion666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:02 pm
Lt. Brookman

God that is so freaking sweet.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:19 pm
Spartion666
Lt. Brookman

God that is so freaking sweet.

3nodding Agreed 3nodding  

Madishe

Timmeh-time

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:44 pm
*sigh* I dunno about books, personally. I looked through every last one at Games Workshop last time I was there and it was always "(insert chapter here) Space Marines" or "(insert name here), Imperial (insert some title here)" sorts of stories....... I couldn't find any that weren't about the Imperium, which is rather irksome.

I mean, I know like.....storyline for the game revolves around the Imperium, but for once can't they take a back burner in a book and let someone else rise shotgun?

Of course, this all might be a bit of a misunderstanding by me, combined with an under stocking of the store I went to on several occasions.

On the thought of comics, I could have sworn there was a comic published by games workshop........although I keep in touch with the armies, not the comings and goings of Games Workshop's other products, not to mention the one comic I have is outdated by at least six years. I just know in big letters across the front is said: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

As a final note......I must ask, are the books for Warhammer actually any good? I read a couple a few years back and don't remember anything too negative about them, but then again, I don't fully trust my opinion from back then and want to hear what otehr people would have to say on them.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:56 am
Hoo boy, I thought Outlander would be a great book, but a tad too predictable to my liking. Though I am certain that Witch Killer will be a great read.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Savayan

2,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:01 am
I’ve found that the Fantasy novels are really hit or miss. What I'd like to see is a novel about a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor. Why, you ask? Because radicalism amuses me, and Ordo Xenos radicals generally manage to skip over the whole 'blood thirsty psychopath' phase. Plus it could be a great opportunity to showcase one of the less common races. I what to know more about the Hrud! smile

It's probably been covered, but I don't have time to wade through 40 pages of posts, so: Has anyone else read the Xenology book?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:04 pm
Savayan
What I'd like to see is a novel about a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor.

Eisenhorn. 3nodding  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Savayan

2,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:01 pm
Bah, he barely even delt with aliens.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:04 pm
Read the first book of the series trilogy. I loved those aliens, so ******** awesome.  

Nihilistic_Impact

Savayan

2,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:35 pm
The Saruthi were cool, but Eisenhorn is really a radical in the 'using the tools of chaos' sense rather than in the 'I have no real issues with using a Hrud fusil' sense. And even then, the Saruthi and what came of them really verged more into Hereticus/Malleus territory.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games