Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natima

Fashionable Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:37 pm
Call the Band Director on Thanksgiving day and ask the director "how are you doing?". O___O ( That stupid trumpet kid! XD )  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Get up in the middle of a song and trek halfway across the room (in my case, anyway) to ask your section leader about one of the fingerings

Play the original when you're supposed to play a different octave and play the different octave when you're supposed to play the original

Flutes (and whoever else this may apply to): Use a pencil tip to unhook one of your (I forget what they're called, the really tiny metal rods that connect the keys) so that one of your keys doesn't work...in the middle of rehearsal

Brass: Empty the spit onto someone's shoe "by mistake" and get into a really loud argument about it

"Forget" about the random 7/8 or 5/4 measures and play it like the rest of the song.  

Emmalynn08

Unicorns In Uniform

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:52 pm
Uchiha Renna
ours is like ocd for perfection
so we go up and flip pages in his book and turn his baton upside down and stuff like that
the case thing he freaks out if i sit on my case -im only 78 pounds-
or gum the worst thing tho for him is to tell him he is calling a song by the wrong name-true story he was calling achille's wrath, the wrath of achille's for like three weeks-

Haha, Achilles Wrath is a fun song. The bass clarinets have the best part. ohh yeah. ;DD

I've never done this, but I think it would be fun to do this.
When you're about to run through a song, get your whole band, or at least your section to sing their parts, instead of playing them.

Every few minutes, ask your BD how you sound today.

Hide his coffee. twisted

Switch parts with someone in a different section.

Yeahh...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:27 am
Tell the director you don't have your music about five seconds before class ends.

Have the entire section of percussion but one person forget their drumsticks. (and they killed my sticks!)

Um...I'm brain-dead today, that's all I got.

As to hiding coffee, that would work for my math teacher who's obsessed with coffee.  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Stronghearted11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:23 am
Phantom of the Forum
Tell the director you don't have your music about five seconds before class ends.

Have the entire section of percussion but one person forget their drumsticks. (and they killed my sticks!)

Um...I'm brain-dead today, that's all I got.

As to hiding coffee, that would work for my math teacher who's obsessed with coffee.
hahaha i like those

i could never tick off my BD, she gets SCARY eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:40 am
Play the Song better then he can, do his job better then him  

phantomtuba1

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

bandnerdsrool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:51 pm
hahaha. annoying people... GUM... and Food annoys my band director. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:21 pm
Chew gum and make him point to his mouth...
He makes everyone think he's choking. xd  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

DaisukiTsubasa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:24 pm
Kaome_Catagi
Play your instrument when ur band teacher tells u not to!

In marching Band, keep ur instrument BELOW parallel when ur band teacher tells u to keep it ABOVE parallel

it really pisses him off! 3nodding

>>< that would piss me off soooooooo bad!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 pm
SkaSkaNate
*Play "Ultimate Frizbee in the band hall"

*Practice your ninja wall runs and wall jumping in the bin room (it's the perfect place, I swear)

*Call him "Coach"

*Valve oil + risers = Slip 'N Slide blaugh

OYEAH!! our karate/martial arts boys practice stunts in the cage room (expecially on the walls )... I have AWESOME videos of it too!!!  

DaisukiTsubasa

Asarus Hatsumono

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:58 am
Well im best friends with my band directors step-daughter. So what we do is plan for me to spend the night before a rehearsal or concert or whatever. We stay up all night making loud random noises and playing music. Keeping him and his wife (who's my private flute instructor) up all night just to hang with us ^^. Then in the morning...well u can only imagine just how tired and slow he'll be ^^.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:53 am
Alright, this really works in marching season....

*Play the "Word of the Day" game where you pick a commonly used word and let everyone in the band know what the word is. Then, everytime he says the word, everyone cheers really loudly. He'll spend the whole day trying to figure out what the word is and try to not use once he figures it out. Then, if you want, switch the word up on him once he figures it out.

*Drummers-drop your drumsticks on the floor, every time you get the chance. It ticks them off so badly.

kerospirit91

Geek_lady_42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:16 pm
k...these were probably already said but i just got back from band camp so I'm exausted and too lazy to read through all of it. anyway...1.play the wrong thing.
2. "accidently" skip a set or 2.
3. when they say to have triple E(EEE=energy enthusiasm and excitment) during practice instead of acting like you hate it....don't run to your set like ur supposed to. instead walk there with your head down and act like you hate life.
4.use bad posture while marching.

all these things would annoy the heck out of my BD and she'd totally give us the death glare...but we wouldn't do it anyway cuz we're good little band geeks and we're not gonna screw up the show like that. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:25 pm
When counting in marching yell off the wrong numbers or yell right when people are supposed to step left.

Play when he's talking.

Have ninja fights during practice.  

CaptainBaconMan

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out