Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:23 am
reagun ban
Paraphrasing and splicing two separate quotes together, from a different bb
"The only way to kill an Irish God is to tear off its head or rip out its spine. It then becomes a fairy.... Fairies and humans can ascend to godhood"
Tsk, tsk. Everyone knows it has to be a human soul in an elf or half-elf body to ascend to godhood! C'mon, didn't they learn anything from Lezard Valeth?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:51 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Boadicia
I thought Khemetic was a group separate from Wicca. Are they Wiccan, or are they a separate pagan group?
Khemetism is dealing with the Egyptian deities. ARI can explain it better than I can, but yeah - Khemetic Wicca is just...twitchy. My response to that on the Talk:Christian Wicca page was along the lines of "I'd love to see a Khemet's opinion on their theology being mangled into an ostensibly-Wiccan dogma. I'm not even sure it's justifiable."

Yeah, Khemetic/Kemetic is dealing with the Egyptian deities. They tend to play well with other groups of deities, but they are certainly their own seperate entities (sort of...too hard to explain here). Kemetic-Wicca is just.....no.  

IH_Zero

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:18 am
Henry Dorsett Case
reagun ban
Paraphrasing and splicing two separate quotes together, from a different bb
"The only way to kill an Irish God is to tear off its head or rip out its spine. It then becomes a fairy.... Fairies and humans can ascend to godhood"
Tsk, tsk. Everyone knows it has to be a human soul in an elf or half-elf body to ascend to godhood! C'mon, didn't they learn anything from Lezard Valeth?

Hey, I know him, he was in that game. Valkyrie Profile. I had no idea if there was an actual story behind it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:26 pm
deadmanjake
Hey, I know him, he was in that game. Valkyrie Profile. I had no idea if there was an actual story behind it.
Well, in the game, that was what he figured out - that the Gods used elves as vessels on Midgard, and that it might be possible to become a god if a human soul were put into an elf vessel.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:48 pm
Lezard is an evil !@#$...
I just got him in my party in Silmeria. surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:54 pm
To concatenate TM's latest post into one sentence:
Being influenced by religions and groups = Paradigm piracy
Guess I have to stop living my life by any element of any religion I don't completely follow. For that matter, the Jews have to give back anything they took from the Zoroastrians.  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:59 am
Henry Dorsett Case
To concatenate TM's latest post into one sentence:
Being influenced by religions and groups = Paradigm piracy
Guess I have to stop living my life by any element of any religion I don't completely follow. For that matter, the Jews have to give back anything they took from the Zoroastrians.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20753509&page=21

Was there even a valid point to what her and her parrot were saying? Calling us fundalmentalists because we value the fundamentals is very petty, especially when there was no real answer to your question provided. It is tigress mae all over again?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:15 am
deadmanjake
Was there even a valid point to what her and her parrot were saying?
Probably not, to be honest. It looked like TM was angry that we told her "sources or GTFO" last time. She's more pissed that we told her "reasonable interpretation of those sources or GTFO" this time.

Quote:
Calling us fundalmentalists because we value the fundamentals is very petty
Especially since, according to her definition, we're not. No one said that the religious texts of Wicca are "correct" or "historically accurate", just that they are the rules for the religion. "Traditionalist" = "Fundamentalist", I suppose, in her eyes.

Quote:
especially when there was no real answer to your question provided.
Maybe I have to ask for substantiation exactly eighteen and three-quarters times before the parrot will provide it? How many times can I say "subtantiate your claims or retract them" before one or the other happens? Ask Mr. Owl.

Quote:
It is tigress mae all over again?
Well, the initials are TM...I love the two horrible spellings. How did "Arcane Magi" turn into "Arkayne Magii"...and what happened to the "t" in "Mastery"?  

Henry Dorsett Case

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:57 am
I like how TM brought Egypt up in the whole "Gardner took stuff from other religions." Because the Egyptians were pretty good at taking things from other places, and placing it in their religion.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:31 am
AngryRobotsInc.
I like how TM brought Egypt up in the whole "Gardner took stuff from other religions." Because the Egyptians were pretty good at taking things from other places, and placing it in their religion.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but considering how at first glance, the Egyptian, Greek, and Roman pantheons look similar, especially under the fluffy bunny eyesight. So there must have been some sort of borrowing. And the cultures before those three or the ones that those three traded with. It happens, but the people borrowing usually seem to know what thier original belief system is before they "evolve" it.  

jaden kendam

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:32 am
Henry Dorsett Case
deadmanjake
Was there even a valid point to what her and her parrot were saying?
Probably not, to be honest. It looked like TM was angry that we told her "sources or GTFO" last time. She's more pissed that we told her "reasonable interpretation of those sources or GTFO" this time.

Quote:
Calling us fundalmentalists because we value the fundamentals is very petty
Especially since, according to her definition, we're not. No one said that the religious texts of Wicca are "correct" or "historically accurate", just that they are the rules for the religion. "Traditionalist" = "Fundamentalist", I suppose, in her eyes.

Quote:
especially when there was no real answer to your question provided.
Maybe I have to ask for substantiation exactly eighteen and three-quarters times before the parrot will provide it? How many times can I say "subtantiate your claims or retract them" before one or the other happens? Ask Mr. Owl.

Quote:
It is tigress mae all over again?
Well, the initials are TM...I love the two horrible spellings. How did "Arcane Magi" turn into "Arkayne Magii"...and what happened to the "t" in "Mastery"?

I loved how I replied to both of them. I wonder if they will get the hint that creating something new from something borrowed is not the same as saying you are something and then not even borrowing from it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:26 pm
"Secondly, one of the great things about branches of paganism, like Wicca, is that you can be both a Christian and a Wiccan. "  

Eshmasesh

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:43 pm
Eshmasesh
"Secondly, one of the great things about branches of paganism, like Wicca, is that you can be both a Christian and a Wiccan. "
I've started regularly going back to the Talk:Christian Wicca page lately. I'm sure by now it's obvious which username on that page is mine.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:52 pm
Several years ago I was hanging out in Paganism #1 on Yahoo Chat when this sixteen-year-old girl entered the chat room and proudly announced:
"I'm a 33rd generation Wiccan whose ancestor was burned at the stake in Salem Village!"
Needless to say, we threw the young fluff bunny to the wolves, pointing out that:

1. No one was burned at the stake in Salem Village;
2. Wicca was founded by Gerald Gardner in 1936;
3. If you were a 33rd generation Pagan (ignoring the Wiccan question), you would have to be able to prove that you were part of a hereditary line of witches stretching back over 650 years.

My comment to her was: "If you're going to spin lies about your magical heritage, at least get your facts straight."

godhi

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:58 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Eshmasesh
I've started regularly going back to the Talk:Christian Wicca page lately. I'm sure by now it's obvious which username on that page is mine.
I haven't visited it for a while, I think I will now 3nodding

Edit: So THAT'S where that "Alexandrian (Greek) Wicca" quote came from. =.=  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games