Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:23 pm
Miangel
This is true - I'm having a hard time believing I'm halfway through my junior year. >.< If you're really worried about it, you could talk to your councelor and see if your school offers an aptitude test.

OHH! I took that! ^_^

I think it said something like ISPF...or ISFP...something like that.

I'm way ahead of you....even though I wasn't involved in teh conversation. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:07 pm
Miangel
This is true - I'm having a hard time believing I'm halfway through my junior year. >.< If you're really worried about it, you could talk to your councelor and see if your school offers an aptitude test.

Me, too, and I don't know at all what I want to do in life.  

Durza the Shade

M e r r i c k

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:40 pm
Complaint (sorries): The thread "marchers forced to pit" was wrongly locked. The person who locked it claimed that it was a percussion thread, but in fact the thread was towards ANY section member of the band being put into the pit. This is really a thread about being unfairly judged on your marching skills. I would like to see the thread re-opened. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:12 pm
[HellWicket]
Complaint (sorries): The thread "marchers forced to pit" was wrongly locked. The person who locked it claimed that it was a percussion thread, but in fact the thread was towards ANY section member of the band being put into the pit. This is really a thread about being unfairly judged on your marching skills. I would like to see the thread re-opened. Thanks.

It is a repeat thread. If there were such things as forums with in this guild forum that thread would go under percussion, but since we obiviously lack subforums we can only place things under threads. Personally I as captain and the mods have to keep guild forum traffic down. This is one of the largest guilds on gaia and it is very active and we have lots of posts. Sadly to say that thread fits under the percussion area because it is aimed at percussion players (which pit players are considering percussion).

It's not that I personally don't want the thread locked it's just I can't let it slip and others I lock. If a very specific topic can go under another broader, vague topic then that is where we would rather place it. We create broad topics because those threads will last longer because they're not tied down to one very specific title. Sadly to say very specific topics do not have very long forum life . . . it's just the way things are (though some times they prove me wrong). So hopefully you see where this is going. If you would like to convince me other wise then please do. If I (or the other mods) have made a mistake- please feel free to correct us. 3nodding  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:15 pm
I want to ask your opinion on something. HellWicket got me thinking about something- guild subforums. Anyways today I was checking up on the Guild Captains Guild and they were debating making subforums for guilds. The people debating were all anti-subforums. I posted saying that I went both ways. I agreed that most guilds didn't need subforums and that I would rather the mods and admins times of Gaia be spent more on Guild Features such personalizing decline and acceptance messages and a way to PM everyone in your guild (or my another personal favorite a way to customize the titles on your memberlist). But I said I wouldn't mind having subforums as in this guild people like to create very specific threads that really fit under broader, vauger topics. Well this guy comes along saying I could create 'subforums' using stickies and links. I said I've already done that and wouldn't sticky every sectional thread (as that is way too many in my opinion . . . you know me . . . I hate too many stickies). I said I could care less for subforums, because it's not a horrible problem locking the threads but I believe the members of this guild would enjoy subforums.

So anyone else have any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:21 pm
Oh and in other news I found one of our banners. whee It's that anime banner. I was thinking last night right when I was about to go to bed that on my sig webpage I should have a banner to the guild that wasn't connected to that other image hosting site. And what do you know! We have our anime banner back that I bought for the guild opening to the GGN. 3nodding  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:24 pm
Masquanade
I want to ask your opinion on something. HellWicket got me thinking about something- guild subforums. Anyways today I was checking up on the Guild Captains Guild and they were debating making subforums for guilds. The people debating were all anti-subforums. I posted saying that I went both ways. I agreed that most guilds didn't need subforums and that I would rather the mods and admins times of Gaia be spent more on Guild Features such personalizing decline and acceptance messages and a way to PM everyone in your guild (or my another personal favorite a way to customize the titles on your memberlist). But I said I wouldn't mind having subforums as in this guild people like to create very specific threads that really fit under broader, vauger topics. Well this guy comes along saying I could create 'subforums' using stickies and links. I said I've already done that and wouldn't sticky every sectional thread (as that is way too many in my opinion . . . you know me . . . I hate too many stickies). I said I could care less for subforums, because it's not a horrible problem locking the threads but I believe the members of this guild would enjoy subforums.

So anyone else have any thoughts?

Subforums are somewhat of a good idea, but then there would be the problem of people posting topics in the more general threads that would belong in a subforum, which would mean we would also have to move threads as well, which isn't that big of a deal. I think you're right in saying that the members would enjoy having subforums though. Personally, I'd rather have gaia work on other guild features as well. It's a good idea not to have too many stickies either, if the thread is popular enough then it'll be one the front page anyways.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:36 pm
The other guild captains are saying i'm a**l-rentive. whee sweatdrop Well I kind of am. One of them, who is a member of this guild, says I should go with the more laizze-faire appraoch. Peoples thoughts?  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Pillilu

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:38 pm
Durza the Shade
Miangel

Me, too, and I don't know at all what I want to do in life.

we did those friday... my ideal cluster is education but my ideal anything is music... so i say... music education...!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:55 pm
They should make that a way to spend those currently useless funds every guild has: the ability to buy subforums. That way, it'd take a bit of effort to create one, and only those guilds that need them would bother to spend the cash, especially if they (the admins) also come out with some other way to use the funds. There wouldn't be as big a drain on Gaia's resources as there would if anyone could create a subforum with two clicks.

edit: there'd have to be a limit, of course. Only so many subforums per guild.  

Durza the Shade

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:58 am
Durza the Shade
They should make that a way to spend those currently useless funds every guild has: the ability to buy subforums. That way, it'd take a bit of effort to create one, and only those guilds that need them would bother to spend the cash, especially if they (the admins) also come out with some other way to use the funds. There wouldn't be as big a drain on Gaia's resources as there would if anyone could create a subforum with two clicks.

edit: there'd have to be a limit, of course. Only so many subforums per guild.

That's really interesting. I've never really heard that offered before. I know there are talks about how the captains are going to be able to spend the money. Some people say'll it be only on guild stuff- what this guild stuff is I don't know. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:23 pm
Masq, I have a favor to ask. When I click "delete poll" in the BNG Avi sticky, it says "Sorry, only members can delete posts in this forum." I'm thinking that means mods in teh guilds. Would you mind doing that for me, editing the first post and deleting the poll?  

Saint-Saens

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:55 pm
Saint-Saens
Masq, I have a favor to ask. When I click "delete poll" in the BNG Avi sticky, it says "Sorry, only members can delete posts in this forum." I'm thinking that means mods in teh guilds. Would you mind doing that for me, editing the first post and deleting the poll?

there is no poll  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:53 pm
Masquanade
Saint-Saens

there is no poll

Yes, but when I put a poll up, the original options are still up. I can only get the "delete poll" option when there isn't a poll up. Could you please try it anyways?  

Saint-Saens

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:57 pm
Saint-Saens
Masquanade
Saint-Saens

there is no poll

Yes, but when I put a poll up, the original options are still up. I can only get the "delete poll" option when there isn't a poll up. Could you please try it anyways?

i have no clue what you're talking about
everything is working fine for me. sweatdrop  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games