Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Left Feb 2015

Devout Humorist

10,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Casidhe Wetherington
Errr... I know it's been a week or something since I joined, but better late than never, right?

I'm 27 and a girl. I've been on Gaia since March 2006. This is my original account and very close to my original name. IRL, I work in journalism, but not as a reporter. I'm kinda dodgy about my real life because I'm more than a little paranoid about online and real life colliding. I joined this guild because I wanted to be a part of a group of like-minded people who are concerned with where they see Gaia going, and most of all, are interested in impacting change through positive means. I'm a firm believer in the "knowledge is power" cliche, although I've always understood the need for corporations and governments (etc) to keep some things from their people.

As to the state of my finances, since that seems relevant here: I've never purchased any Gaia Cash, though I have earned some on occasion by watching videos, but I must confess...it's an annoying process for someone with a full-time job, so I don't bother anymore. I've also quit with the Daily Chance because I'm a neatnick, and I don't like my inventory getting clogged with junk. I am currently questing 20k to hold an art contest. I'm about halfway there. Most of the gold is from an ex-friend who let me have his (lucrative) account. Some is from doing art (which I've had to go on hiatus from thanks to work), and the rest is from playing the marketplace, which I'm trying to get back into.

Hopefully, that answers all the relevant questions anyone might have about me. As for the rest, I'm pretty friendly, so I'm open to PMs or whatever if you wanna talk/get to know me/etc. I'm looking forward to riding through this revolution with you all.

Cas out. wink

Hi, Casidhe! (Your name is quite a mouthful! sweatdrop )
Welcome to the guild! How much gold do you need? I'd gladly donate however much gold you have left.
Hope to see you around!
lol. I know. You can call me Cas. I actually meant to post that. *writes sticky to go edit post later* And thank you for the welcome! I think I'm going to like it here, and hopefully I can help us make a difference. *shrugs*

Also, that's very generous, but I still need 10 mil to reach my goal (I edited my post because I accidentally put a k instead of an m), but if you'd like to donate a little, I certainly wouldn't turn you down. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:25 pm
I am Killbot, I've been on Gaia since '05. I joined because I wanted to see if you guys were legit or not, so far after checking out the forums for an hour the jury is still out. I do a little of everything on Gaia from Art to Vending, I'm not greedy though nor do I try to make billions of golds just because. I also haven't bought more then $20 in Gaia Cash since I first joined, I prefer working for my items and usually just buy for myself.

Gaia is in a state or disgrace thanks to this Inflation and Cash attack from Gaia Interactive, and we can't just let it go on like this until GaiaOnline goes the way of some many other online community's.  

CaptainKillbot

Ruthless Elder

19,125 Points
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:51 pm
CherryxGashes
Pegasaurus Rex
CherryxGashes
oh hi (:
I've been here since the end of '07. I hate GC, I bought it once and felt it was a waste of my money. .-. And now it's just taking over. Even that new game, SmashBlox, wants you to have GC in order to win anything. Really? Unfair.

Anyway, enough hate.

I love music, anime, video games, painting, drawing and reading.
I'm 18 and a freshmen in college studying visual communications - graphic design.
Also I play the ukulele.

I feel this post is so out of order. xD

Hi Cherry, and welcome to the guild!
0.0 I have the exact same hobbies as you do, except I play the piano.

o: I've wanted to learn the piano, but no one around here teaches, and I never had time. I taught myself ukulele for a class in school.

I've never had formal lessons (unless you count half a year when I was six -._-."), but I play by ear.
I always wanted to learn like guitar or something with strings (I was no good at violin though, because I memorized the songs and didn't look at the music and forgot how to read it ;-; ).
The ukulele is so cute!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:01 pm
Casidhe Wetherington
Pegasaurus Rex
Casidhe Wetherington
Errr... I know it's been a week or something since I joined, but better late than never, right?

I'm 27 and a girl. I've been on Gaia since March 2006. This is my original account and very close to my original name. IRL, I work in journalism, but not as a reporter. I'm kinda dodgy about my real life because I'm more than a little paranoid about online and real life colliding. I joined this guild because I wanted to be a part of a group of like-minded people who are concerned with where they see Gaia going, and most of all, are interested in impacting change through positive means. I'm a firm believer in the "knowledge is power" cliche, although I've always understood the need for corporations and governments (etc) to keep some things from their people.

As to the state of my finances, since that seems relevant here: I've never purchased any Gaia Cash, though I have earned some on occasion by watching videos, but I must confess...it's an annoying process for someone with a full-time job, so I don't bother anymore. I've also quit with the Daily Chance because I'm a neatnick, and I don't like my inventory getting clogged with junk. I am currently questing 20k to hold an art contest. I'm about halfway there. Most of the gold is from an ex-friend who let me have his (lucrative) account. Some is from doing art (which I've had to go on hiatus from thanks to work), and the rest is from playing the marketplace, which I'm trying to get back into.

Hopefully, that answers all the relevant questions anyone might have about me. As for the rest, I'm pretty friendly, so I'm open to PMs or whatever if you wanna talk/get to know me/etc. I'm looking forward to riding through this revolution with you all.

Cas out. wink

Hi, Casidhe! (Your name is quite a mouthful! sweatdrop )
Welcome to the guild! How much gold do you need? I'd gladly donate however much gold you have left.
Hope to see you around!
lol. I know. You can call me Cas. I actually meant to post that. *writes sticky to go edit post later* And thank you for the welcome! I think I'm going to like it here, and hopefully I can help us make a difference. *shrugs*

Also, that's very generous, but I still need 10 mil to reach my goal (I edited my post because I accidentally put a k instead of an m), but if you'd like to donate a little, I certainly wouldn't turn you down. sweatdrop

Cas is much easier to remember. 3nodding
Oh wow, I'll still send a trade. Not 10 mil, but it should help a bit. wink  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:04 pm
CaptainKillbot
I am Killbot, I've been on Gaia since '05. I joined because I wanted to see if you guys were legit or not, so far after checking out the forums for an hour the jury is still out. I do a little of everything on Gaia from Art to Vending, I'm not greedy though nor do I try to make billions of golds just because. I also haven't bought more then $20 in Gaia Cash since I first joined, I prefer working for my items and usually just buy for myself.

Gaia is in a state or disgrace thanks to this Inflation and Cash attack from Gaia Interactive, and we can't just let it go on like this until GaiaOnline goes the way of some many other online community's.

Hey, Killbot! We're glad to have you with us!
You're certainly free to check us out or just lurk. If you disagree with anything, please post and tell us why. We like to keep a clear perspective!
If in the end you decide this guild is not right for you, there will be no hard feelings. We're not into forcing people to do anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

You're certainly free to check us out or just lurk. If you disagree with anything, please post and tell us why. We like to keep a clear perspective!
If in the end you decide this guild is not right for you, there will be no hard feelings. We're not into forcing people to do anything.

Thanks, and yeah I'll check it out but I don't think you guys will get much done with your current tactics. There is plenty of time to get more movement going though so I might be wrong.  

CaptainKillbot

Ruthless Elder

19,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Jar of Sin

Shy Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CherryxGashes
Pegasaurus Rex
CherryxGashes
oh hi (:
I've been here since the end of '07. I hate GC, I bought it once and felt it was a waste of my money. .-. And now it's just taking over. Even that new game, SmashBlox, wants you to have GC in order to win anything. Really? Unfair.

Anyway, enough hate.

I love music, anime, video games, painting, drawing and reading.
I'm 18 and a freshmen in college studying visual communications - graphic design.
Also I play the ukulele.

I feel this post is so out of order. xD

Hi Cherry, and welcome to the guild!
0.0 I have the exact same hobbies as you do, except I play the piano.

o: I've wanted to learn the piano, but no one around here teaches, and I never had time. I taught myself ukulele for a class in school.

I've never had formal lessons (unless you count half a year when I was six -._-."), but I play by ear.
I always wanted to learn like guitar or something with strings (I was no good at violin though, because I memorized the songs and didn't look at the music and forgot how to read it ;-; ).
The ukulele is so cute!

Oh, I see. I wouldn't be able to learn by ear. I'm half deaf, so sounds are a bit different for me ;-; but oh well xD I've worked past it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 pm
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

Thanks, and yeah I'll check it out but I don't think you guys will get much done with your current tactics. There is plenty of time to get more movement going though so I might be wrong.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, we would love to hear them!  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

CaptainKillbot

Ruthless Elder

19,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:00 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

If you have any suggestions or ideas, we would love to hear them!

Find a few charismatic people to spread the word, and get a good message before sending them out.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:22 pm
CaptainKillbot

Find a few charismatic people to spread the word, and get a good message before sending them out.

What message do you think would be best? We're already spreading the word pretty effectively I think, but it definitely could be improved.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

CaptainKillbot

Ruthless Elder

19,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

What message do you think would be best? We're already spreading the word pretty effectively I think, but it definitely could be improved.

What message are your spreading now?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:33 pm
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

When I send a guild invite, I typically write something like this:
1. Noting their obvious distress with the current state of Gaia, I ask them to join.
2. We are a peaceful group who are looking to be heard.
3. We want to work with Admins and Devs to help create a more user-friendly experience.

Most of what I say is taken from the guild's front page.
I can't speak for everyone else, though.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

CaptainKillbot

Ruthless Elder

19,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:36 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

1. Noting their obvious distress with the current state of Gaia, I ask them to join.
3. We want to work with Admins and Devs to help create a more user-friendly experience.

That's very nice but you should be pushing for a United Gaia Movement, I think if you found yourself a few spokesman to spread the message of Unity within the members of Gaia it would help strengthen peoples resolve to make things happen. Give the people a voice to be heard and a message that lets the Admins and Devs know that Gaian are United in what they want, that it's not just a fad or a gimmick that you are going for but real change and real results.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:40 pm
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

That's very nice but you should be pushing for a United Gaia Movement, I think if you found yourself a few spokesman to spread the message of Unity within the members of Gaia it would help strengthen peoples resolve to make things happen. Give the people a voice to be heard and a message that lets the Admins and Devs know that Gaian are United in what they want, that it's not just a fad or a gimmick that you are going for but real change and real results.

I'm liking this idea.
What kind of movement? We do have crew members and a wonderful temp. Captain. Or are you suggesting we bring in someone entirely new to be a spokesman? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to understand exactly what you mean.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:43 pm
Oops, I haven't introduced myself formally here and it's nearly been a week. I kinda just barged in.

I'm Maerua and I've been on Gaia since January of 2007, right before the New Year's double gold thing was simmering down. I came to Gaia for the avatar dressup and item collection (coming from Neopets and Club Penguin) and stayed for the roleplaying in a few choice guilds. All my accounts' avatars are portray a few of the many roleplaying characters I made here.

Seeing the road Gaia's going down, it almost seems that this site's going to become the (currently) petless equivalent to Neo that everyone will leave for a new community. There doesn't need to be another diaspora of people in search of decent and free online communities.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games