Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
500 Days of Summer rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 6, 1, 7, 3, 5, 6, 9, 9, 7 Total: 55 (10-100)

500 Days of Summer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm
User Imagexxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  x neverx meantx tox wither

xxxxxxi wanted to be tall like a fool left the river

andx watchedx myx branches xfallxxx

User Image

She listened to the Rick, or Captain, or whatever. She didn't exactly like the idea of Bristain pairing up with someone who was already on the team. It meant Asterisk was paired with Inigo, which wasn't bad except they were team and competition at the same time. If he got the "quaffle", she wasn't sure if passing it over to her to score was going to ever happen.

Bristain had gotten the ball first, although Inigo quickly took it. Asterisk sorta was more flying with the drift than fighting for the lift, or whatever catchy phrase you can come up with. Asterisk's u-turn to follow her team member / competitor wasn't as graceful as his, but she still made it out alive. "We can do trade offs!" She yelled, making sure he can hear her from the space between them. "It's technically two against one if you look at it in a certain way."

if x myx yesterdayx isxxx disgrace

tell xme xthat xyou xstillx recall

500500500500daysofsummersummer myx name.

Asterisk Slater
                                                                  ʀᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ xxxx ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ xxxx sɪɴɢʟᴇ xxxx ᴘᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

ooc: ignore the roll. i was being dumb ~
                                                                        links: outfit profile
                                                                        with: @ Ravenclaw Practice

Position: Chaser
                                                                        AC: 12
                                                                        Modifiers: +2
                                                                        Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                                        Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
                                                                        Final Roll:
                                                                        Posts 1/3
                                                                        As a Beater: 5 Tries | 2 Hit | 3 Miss
                                                                        As a Chaser: | |

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: Ravenclaw{|}Seer{|}First Year

Iñigo charged up the pitch almost unhindered. He had wondered what the others were doing, but he didn't know if they were behind him or not. But when he looked back, he was leaving them, moving at a quick pace. He really just wondered if that's the fastest they went, but then again, they may have been caught off guard by that sudden fast break he got from beating out Bristain to the ball.

He had heard Asterisk, who was slightly behind him. He charged forward, but then passed behind the back to drop it off to the girl who was trailing. As flashy and not needed as it looked, it was the only way to keep his body weight going forward to keep the broom from spiraling. He looked behind him to see if Asterisk would catch it, or get caught off guard by the pass. He hoped it was the first of the two.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

AC: 14
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing (+2 to hitting)
Roll Number:
Final Roll:
Post Number: 2/3
Lives: rofl ninja mrgreen
Beater Tally: 2 hits, 3 misses
Chaser Tally: 0 goals, 0 steals  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

500 Days of Summer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:37 am
User Imagexxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  x neverx meantx tox wither

xxxxxxi wanted to be tall like a fool left the river

andx watchedx myx branches xfallxxx

User Image

The other first year said nothing. It made Asterisk a bit nervous, well a lot nervous. She was sure that he heard her, but he charged forward anyways. He had chucked it behind her, a bit of showing off, although his throw was still not up to par with his flying skills in Asterisk's opinion. The quaffle had now dropped from the distance between them and Asterisk, instead of waiting for the quaffle to drop even more, Asterisk dove for it. She wasn't the best flyer but she caught it before anyone else did.

if x myx yesterdayx isxxx disgrace

tell xme xthat xyou xstillx recall

500500500500daysofsummersummer myx name.

Asterisk Slater
                                                                  ʀᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ xxxx ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ xxxx sɪɴɢʟᴇ xxxx ᴘᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

ooc: hopefully it is ok... writer's block sort of thing
                                                                        links: outfit profile
                                                                        with: @ Ravenclaw Practice

Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                                        Final Roll:
                                                                        Posts 2/3
                                                                        As a Beater: 5 Tries | 2 Hit | 3 Miss
                                                                        As a Chaser: 0 Steels | 1 Catches | 0 Score | 0 Misses

Rawwry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 pm
User Image
User Image

We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team.

Bristian frowned when the ball was taken from her. She was definitely going to get it back now. She flew after the boy, a determined expression on her face. Once she caught up, she reached her hands out for a steal.

Position: Beater.
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy.
Lives: [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]
Total:

Call all the ladies out.
They’re in their finery.
A hundred jewels on throats.
A hundred jewels between teeth.
Now bring my boys in.
Their skin in craters like the moon.
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room.

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:13 pm
User Image
User Image

We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team.

Bristian grinned now that the ball was back into her hands. She quickly turned around and headed toward the other goals. She could potentially make this team.

Position: Beater.
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy.
Lives: [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]
1/3

Call all the ladies out.
They’re in their finery.
A hundred jewels on throats.
A hundred jewels between teeth.
Now bring my boys in.
Their skin in craters like the moon.
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room.

RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:14 pm

User Image

He watches as the ball was intercepted by Bristain. "D**m, why did I even try that? I was on goal," he said to himself, shaking his head. He sped in after her, awaiting the perfect time for a counter steal, which he decided to do just after he started thinking about it. Catching up to the girl, he swooped up from below to punch the quaffle from her hands.

He had gotten a piece of, and he even got it to bobble some, but it had not been enough. Bristain had retained possession of the Quaffle, much to his distaste.

Roll Number: 12
Final Roll: 12 (unsuccessful)
Post Number: 0/3
Chaser Tally: 0 goals, 0 steals

(OOC: I'm assuming tie goes to the holder)  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:09 am

User Image

Iñigo went in for another steal, catching her with relative ease. She seemed to be moving at a relatively slow pace at the moment, but he was expecting her to burst forward at any time. He prepared for that moment, but for the meantime, he would try to punch the quaffle out again.

Roll Number: 14
Final Roll: 14 (Successful)
Post Number: 0/3
Chaser Tally: 0 goals, 1 steal

(OOC: It's been over six hours)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:15 am

User Image

He stole the quaffle from the older girl and made his way down the pitch, really wanting to score. He hoped that he could get a goal, but if Asterisk was following, he would gladly give an assist out. He made sure to keep her involved, because despite them being competitors, she needed to have a chance to show as well as him. HOwever, when he looked for her, he had no idea where she was, but they would cross paths soon enough.

Roll Number:
Final Roll:
Post Number: .1/3
Chaser Tally: 0 goals, 1 steal  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:22 am
User Image
Heart still beating but it's not working
It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing
I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
Oh, my heart is numb

User Image

Rick watched the action on the pitch, noting that no one seemed to be trying to go for any goals, but that they were fighting it out for the quaffle. It honestly made him want to give them pointers from his vantage point, but he refrained, at least for now. Next practice, he would however. Crossing his arms, he watched for a bit more, and then decided to blow his whistle. He made to land, knowing that Shayna was down there as well, and she would give her input as far as what she could see.

"All right, time's up! Ignio, Astericks, Bristian, come on down here with the quaffle. Gypsy, Echo, good job. Go ahead and take a seat. Ignio, make sure that ball's put away also. Shayna and I will discuss things before I announce the team. Good job with the tryouts though!" He blinked after his announcement, and then flushed, as he realized that he had once again attracted attention to himself. He even sounded sure of himself, too. Huh, well, if that didn't prove that he could do this leadership thing, he didn't know what did. He settled back, and waited for Shayna to come over as he put his own broom over his shoulder. He glanced over to the people trying out, and ran a hand through his hair. Now they had to figure out what they were doing with them. Well, this sucks.

"So, Shayna, what do you think about the players? I mean, they're all green, but in a year or so, they'll have some experience under their belt, so..." He trailed off, and regarded the younger students again, trying to fit into his head where each of them could go. Kind of like a maths problem, he thought ruefully. Which made him suddenly want to start taking maths again. Who knew that not taking maths (well, at least not muggle maths) for seven years would make him want to study the subject again?

----------------------------------
Thinking: Great, down one player. Wonder if this is my luck deciding to surface...
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me
A little wiser now from what you've shown me
Yeah, I feel again

Jinx

shabatha

Xistund

Cara MiaKitty

XxXDevil-chan

Rawwry

RedEagleEye007

500 Days of Summer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:51 am
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

Hʟғ-Bʟ//Rɴʟ//Dɪɴɢ Dɪ Cʟʀɪss//Pʀғ//Sʀ//Vɪ-Cɪɴ

Where? -- Pitch
With? --- Ravenclaw team
Feeling//OoC --- Sorry derpy post from work...
Wearing --- Clothes

User Image

Shayna walked over to where Rick stood when he blew the whistle. She nodded at what he said and tapped her chin. "Well, from what I could see... Bristain seemed a bit behind when it came to being a beater, but she put up a fight as a chaser. Asterisk didn't really want to get into the running during the chaser part but did alright when it came to Beater. And I'm thinking we have a fierce competitive spirit in Inigo. Though I would like to see him as beater. He did good, So I would say inigo then Asterisk the reserve beater and Bristain reserve chaser." She said after a moment of thinking. That was all that she had gotten from watching. Was it this hard to make up a team?! Geese....

User Image

Position: Seeker
AC: 17
Modifiers: +3 (Years) +3 (Advanced Flying I & II) +2 (Natural Flyer) +2 (Sharp eyes) +2 (Great Catch)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
Lives: [ C: ] [ C: ] [ C: ]
Roll:
19+ SPOT
22+ CATCH

User Image

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
Don’t make me your enemy, Your enemy, Your Enemy,
So you wanna play with magic.
Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Sapphire The Owl

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:52 pm

User Image

Iñigo heard a whistle, stopping on a dime, the quaffle still in hand. The chaser portion of this tryout had gone by quite quickly, but they were all fighting for the quaffle and losing it faster than they got it, and just as he thought that he may have a break on the goal, it was done. It saddened him that he had not scored, but he knew he did well in the beater portion and stealing the quaffle as well. He felt great for once, happy that the potion that was given to him definitely had worked for him and healed the possible broken rib that he may have gotten.

He flew down to the ground, still confident in his tryout. He, however, had no idea where he was to be put and awaited the captain and the vice captain to decide in their little huddle. While he was waiting, he slowly opened the chest, glad to see that the bludgers had been strapped down. He put the quaffle away, and quickly closed it, making sure the bludgers stayed in their place. The last thing he wanted to do was set those things free on people who currently weren't holding any bats to protect themselves.

He went back to the group, and waited for the rest of the competitors to land. He was glad he got the chance to tryout today, for he missed the first, which he definitely regretted after watching the game that pinned Gryffindor against Slytherin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:23 am
Ravenclaw Quidditch Team

Captain
Richard Drage

Vice Captain
Shayna Snow

Chasers
Asterisk Slater
Gypsy Lovette
Xavier Goldwind

Beaters
Iñigo Albion-Alexandré
Verily McHalen

Keeper
Richard Drage

Seeker
Shayna Snow

Reserves
Echo Lovette - Keeper
Bristan Catlin - Beater

shabatha

Cara MiaKitty

XxXDevil-chan

Rawwry

RedEagleEye007

500 Days of Summer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

Hʟғ-Bʟ//Rɴʟ//Dɪɴɢ Dɪ Cʟʀɪss//Pʀғ//Sʀ//Cɪɴ

Where? --
With? ---
Feeling//OoC ---
Wearing --- Clothes

User Image

Shayna walked onto the field. She was captain this year... It was strange. She smiled as she felt the wind, and had the trunk behind her. Ready to go. She happily set it down and pulled out the stack of papers. She was very excited for this. She only hoped that some new players would join too.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

((If you are a first year, once you are sorted you are more than welcome to tryout after you have been sorted.))

User Image

User Image

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
Don’t make me your enemy, Your enemy, Your Enemy,
So you wanna play with magic.
Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Sapphire The Owl

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Competitive on the Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // fancying Daniel Kiremonospaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Okay, Gyp, gotta play it cool. You totally know what you're doing... right?' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ The phone rings in the middle of the night;
My father yells, 'what you gonna do with your life?'
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy stepped out onto the field, broom over her shoulder, and approached Shayna with a light run and a wave. "Heya, cap!" she called, chuckling nervously as she took one of the forms for the try-outs. She didn't really know if she was supposed to fill one out, since she was the Vice Captain and all, but she figured it was better to go ahead and do it rather than Shayna have to hand her one and tell her and make her look like an idiot. Yeah, pretending she knew what she was doing and assuming that she had to fill one out was definitely the better choice there. She was at least glad she was the first to arrive after their captain; it probably would've looked bad for the Vice Captain to show up late. She tried to contain how nervous she was, struggling to keep her hair blue, knowing that it was trying to turn orange. Her hand went up and ruffled the base of her ponytail in agitation; she could feel her scalp tingling. She'd actually gotten pretty good at keeping her color choices deliberate, but when she got really emotional her powers still acted up. This was definitely one of those times. Hard not to be nervous, after all; she had as much experience playing as anyone else on the team, less than Verily, Shayna and even Xavier, and yet she was somehow second-in-command... how exactly did that work out? Shayna had told her, of course, but that didn't make it easier to grasp when her stomach was in knots. Oh, well. She'd just bluster her way through it. Fake it until you feel it, right? She did that all the time... and if her hair turned orange, it wasn't like anyone but Echo would know what it meant. It wasn't like Jer was there to watch her tryouts, after all, and he'd be the only other person who could possible know her that well.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
                                                          But girls, they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Ravenclaw Vice Captain
AC: 13
Modifiers: (+3 on steals) (+3 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Username: Cara MiaKitty
Character's Name: Gypsy Lovette
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Uuuh wherever I'm most useful?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:33 pm
User Image
                                                When your dreams all fail
                                                And the ones we hail
                                                Are the worst of all
                                                And the blood’s run stale

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Cʜᴀsᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Xavier stepped out onto the pitch, his eyes already picking out the captain (wow, she was the captain now, wasn't she?). Putting his Firebolt II to the side, he quickly filled out a form, his face crinkling a bit in annoyance before handing it back in. He hadn't forgotten the fact that he was there because hardly anyone showed up for tryouts, or that one of the chasers decided to bail on the team in the middle of the year. He wasn't a quitter, which made him especially angry at himself. He had enjoyed his position last year, and well, he hated to admit it, but it was in his genes, right? After all, his father and uncle were on the team for their house, right? He just apparently followed in their footsteps.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Xavier Goldwind
                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                Year: Fourth
                                                Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                Second Choice Position: .... Really, you're asking me this?

AC: 16
                                                Modifiers: Stealing +6, Scoring +6
                                                Skills: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                Lives: # # #
                                                -/3

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: ...And I'm here again. I must be nuts...
                                                OOC: ...

So they dug your grave
                                                And the masquerade
                                                Will come calling out
                                                At the mess you've made

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games