Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Show Yourself! Picture topic! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:42 pm
Fiddlers Green
Sophist
WIN for citing BSG. biggrin

It was one of my favourite exchanges b'twixt Baltar and Six... especially the reversal, when it was so so touching that he told it to her as one of her was in a very vulnerable position and he was trying to cheer her up. Baltar was right up there with the Colonel on the list of very human characters in that show... as in, illustrating human flaws in a not always sympathetic light... but still as believable characters. I sorta look forward to The Plan.

Baltar was definitely my favorite. As arrogant as he was, he was very believable and I found myself sympathizing with him a lot. I didn't very much like the end of the show, felt like a Deus Ex Machina cop-out, but I thought where they put him was very fitting.

I haven't heard about The Plan, is that the series they were going to do as a prequel or was that the movie they made? I rented Stargate to get my sci-fi fix since BSG is over. Have yet to watch it though.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:46 pm
Sophist
Baltar was definitely my favorite. As arrogant as he was, he was very believable and I found myself sympathizing with him a lot. I didn't very much like the end of the show, felt like a Deus Ex Machina cop-out, but I thought where they put him was very fitting.

I haven't heard about The Plan, is that the series they were going to do as a prequel or was that the movie they made? I rented Stargate to get my sci-fi fix since BSG is over. Have yet to watch it though.

The end was sorta supposed to feel Deus Ex from what I've been able to read.

Yes, The Plan is that plan they mention in the opening of the show. The Cylon perspective leading up to and after the attack on Caprica. At least that is what they bill it as, and I trust Edward James Olmos. 3nodding

Stargate makes me happy, Teal'c is probably my favourite there, especially how they don't lampshade some of the messed up stuff he did in his old job. 3nodding  

Fiddlers Green

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:15 am
Fiddlers Green
Sophist

Yes, The Plan is that plan they mention in the opening of the show. The Cylon perspective leading up to and after the attack on Caprica. At least that is what they bill it as, and I trust Edward James Olmos. 3nodding

Stargate makes me happy, Teal'c is probably my favourite there, especially how they don't lampshade some of the messed up stuff he did in his old job. 3nodding

Stargate is love!

Jackson is my favorite character, although, of the Goa'uld, Ba'al is pretty rockin'.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm
Fiddlers Green
Sophist

Oh yeah, almost forgot about it. Wow can't wait for The Plan!

I just finished watching the Stargate movie and I really hope the series is better.  

Bastemhet

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:51 pm
Aino Ailill
Fiddlers Green
Sophist

Stargate is love!

Jackson is my favorite character, although, of the Goa'uld, Ba'al is pretty rockin'.

Pft. I'm more of an Atlantis fangirl ---although I think I like the fandom more than the actual series at this point.

The level of fail surrounding the new Stargate Series is epic.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:33 pm
maenad nuri
Pft. I'm more of an Atlantis fangirl ---although I think I like the fandom more than the actual series at this point.

There's a new Stargate series?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:39 pm
CuAnnan
maenad nuri

Yeah, called Universe. It's premise is somewhat like Voyager's was and it's supposed to be darker and edgier.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:54 pm
maenad nuri
CuAnnan
maenad nuri

Yeah, called Universe. It's premise is somewhat like Voyager's was and it's supposed to be darker and edgier.

I'm actually excited to see how it plays out. I loved Voyager.  

Collowrath

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:57 pm
Collowrath
maenad nuri
CuAnnan
maenad nuri

For sure. Captain Janeway ftw.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:01 pm
Collowrath
maenad nuri
CuAnnan
maenad nuri

I did too.

But ....the fail that's going on: the main hook of the series so far is body swapping. Including one where a disabled woman is switched into the body of the lesbian character. Which on it's own would be fine, except for the plot has the quadriplegic scientist as having never experienced intimacy in her own body, so once in Ming-Na's character's body, she has sex with a man.

Apparently, once fandom found out, and raised a righteous outroar about the ableism and consent issues (a nice way of saying rape), there's to be a re-write.

I love Stargate, but they don't handle issues in their show very well, and this is just another one.

(yes I know, I forgot to use people first language. It just didn't flow right....)  

maenad nuri
Captain

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:03 pm
Gho the Girl
Captain Janeway ftw.

Are we talking about the same Janeway?
[scene 1]
Ship gets struck by photon cannon.
Janeway gets thrown to the side
Janeway rises, checks her hair, checks the ship.

This is the formula for all of her encounters.
She's just been shot at by a phaser, she dodges, checks her hair goes for her own.

Janeway was easily the worst Starfleet captain in history.
Plus, she's a murderer. She murdered Tuvix, despite showing that he was a discrete entity.

Janeway was a disgrace to the Starfleet uniform.... and I think very poorly of Starfleet.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:07 pm
maenad nuri
Collowrath
maenad nuri
CuAnnan
maenad nuri

I did too.

But ....the fail that's going on: the main hook of the series so far is body swapping. Including one where a disabled woman is switched into the body of the lesbian character. Which on it's own would be fine, except for the plot has the quadriplegic scientist as having never experienced intimacy in her own body, so once in Ming-Na's character's body, she has sex with a man.

Apparently, once fandom found out, and raised a righteous outroar about the ableism and consent issues (a nice way of saying rape), there's to be a re-write.

I love Stargate, but they don't handle issues in their show very well, and this is just another one.

(yes I know, I forgot to use people first language. It just didn't flow right....)

ugh, geez. To me, that sounds like "Hey look, we have a lesbian and a disabled person for lulz! Really they're gonna swap and be normal people!" I certainly hope the rewrite does some good for it.

I'm excited, but I'm certainly not sitting here on pins and needles for it. I'll probably watch it like I watched Atlantis: casually and unattached. I have yet to find a show that touches my sensibilities like Battlestar Galactica did. :/  

Collowrath

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:18 pm
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
Captain Janeway ftw.

Are we talking about the same Janeway?
[scene 1]
Ship gets struck by photon cannon.
Janeway gets thrown to the side
Janeway rises, checks her hair, checks the ship.

This is the formula for all of her encounters.
She's just been shot at by a phaser, she dodges, checks her hair goes for her own.

Janeway was easily the worst Starfleet captain in history.
Plus, she's a murderer. She murdered Tuvix, despite showing that he was a discrete entity.

Janeway was a disgrace to the Starfleet uniform.... and I think very poorly of Starfleet.
I see that you watch this series far more avidly and seriously than I do. I just liked the fact that she was a woman captain. Female characters are almost always relegated to supporting roles in American TV and movies.

So really, I have no understanding of where you're coming from, nor do I especially desire a debate on it, I was merely expressing that I liked Janeway, and sure, it may be for arbitrary reasons, her sex and the fact that it was one of the shows I watched intermittently while young, but that's all there is.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:24 pm
Sorry, Gho.
I'm a huge fan of the Star Trek universe and I didn't much like what Voyager did with it. It's a sore spot.
Though.... I will say... at least it wasn't Enterprise.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:40 pm
Collowrath
I'm excited, but I'm certainly not sitting here on pins and needles for it. I'll probably watch it like I watched Atlantis: casually and unattached.
I was "huh?" about Atlantis for awhile but then I fell in love with Dr. McKay and Dr. Weir. I didn't really like the Ori on the last season(s?) of SG-1, but it was cool to see Claudia Black and Ben Browder again. I miss Farscape.

CuAnnan
Though.... I will say... at least it wasn't Enterprise.
I have a soft spot for Scott Bakula. Quantum Leap FTW.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games