Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:47 am

and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Er...Yes. I have become rather enamoured of the music by...er...Cradle of Filth rolleyes

*can't tell if you're serious*

ninja

*Is being serious*

*Is still being serious*

*chuckles*

To their credit they were fantastic at Ozzfest 2002. It was sunny up till about 10 minutes before they went on. When they did, the clouds gathering overhead opened almost on the first power-chord. It was magnificent.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:49 pm

Fourcolour
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Er...Yes. I have become rather enamoured of the music by...er...Cradle of Filth rolleyes

*can't tell if you're serious*

ninja

*Is being serious*

*Is still being serious*

*chuckles*

To their credit they were fantastic at Ozzfest 2002. It was sunny up till about 10 minutes before they went on. When they did, the clouds gathering overhead opened almost on the first power-chord. It was magnificent.

Didn't see it. I am really impressed by their lyrics more than anything else. Very poetic...

And so for Her...
The breeze stank of sunset and camphor
My lantern chased Her phantom and blew
Their Chapel ablaze and all locked in to a pain
Best reserved for judgement that their bible construed...

and_solo_said

Ares

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:29 pm

At the moment, I'm listening to Garbage....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 am

Ares

Garbage is good. Pity about the name though...
I guess they meant it to be like that but its a bit confusing when the radio presenter say "And that was Garbage" after a song.

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Ares

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:08 am

ice_illusion
Ares

I guess they meant it to be like that but its a bit confusing when the radio presenter say "And that was Garbage" after a song.

Very true...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:29 am

Ares
ice_illusion
Ares

Very true...

I suppose it is the same thing as 'The Darkness'; sounds satanic, but in reality, it was just silly

and_solo_said

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:28 pm

Similar thing with Focus' hit song Hocus Pocus. They jsut wanted radio presenters to have to say "...and that was Hocus Pocus by Focus".
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:37 pm

and_solo_said
Ares
ice_illusion
Ares

Very true...

I suppose it is the same thing as 'The Darkness'; sounds satanic, but in reality, it was just silly

Justin Hawkins (lead singer) has went solo. Hes done a cover version of something that I reconised but have forgotten what is. He was under a new name and I could be getting muddled up with something else (correct me if I do) but it was something like British Whale. He sounded like Kate Bush.

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:59 am

ice_illusion
and_solo_said
Ares
ice_illusion
Ares

Very true...

Justin Hawkins (lead singer) has went solo. Hes done a cover version of something that I reconised but have forgotten what is. He was under a new name and I could be getting muddled up with something else (correct me if I do) but it was something like British Whale. He sounded like Kate Bush.

Yeah, it was on Lorraine Kelly (yes! ) and he does indeed sound female.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:36 am

girl_no_13
ice_illusion
and_solo_said
Ares
ice_illusion
Ares

Very true...

Yeah, it was on Lorraine Kelly (yes! ) and he does indeed sound female.

I really don't like that song...It never really gets going]

and_solo_said

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:50 am

Justin Hawkins dared to cover the sacred Street Spirit.

He will pay. Oh yes, he will pay.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:11 am

This week Oi've been mohstly lisnin to...

Against Me!

About the only anarcho-punk band I can happily listen to and enjoy, since they don't write songs exclusively about anarchy and even when they do they're not afraid to make fun of themselves. Credit is due because I should hate them - I've got a pretty short fuse when it comes to anarchists - at least the wishy-washy apparently unthinking ones.

Fourcolour

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:02 am

whapcapn

WHAT?!?!?! -grabs her pitchfork- I think I'll deal with this one, Francis....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:48 pm

Indie_Chick
whapcapn

WHAT?!?!?! -grabs her pitchfork- I think I'll deal with this one, Francis....

eek

New topic; when did you get so naked?

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:30 pm

Fourcolour
This week Oi've been mohstly lisnin to...

Against Me!

About the only anarcho-punk band I can happily listen to and enjoy, since they don't write songs exclusively about anarchy and even when they do they're not afraid to make fun of themselves. Credit is due because I should hate them - I've got a pretty short fuse when it comes to anarchists - at least the wishy-washy apparently unthinking ones.

Chumbawama is fantastic like that - actually proper anarchy, it's politically valid. Rather than "I'm going to smash stuff up for no good reason other that I'm an anarchist and rebel against nothing in particular. Oo." It's terrible musically, but I do love it.
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games