Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:30 am
Someone had one at a gig I went to and threw it on stage... So it prob was free lol  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:26 am
I love all kinds of tea (except red tea), but my favourite now has to be white tea with jasmine. It is...so good. I am a certified tea junkie.  

niki_washue25

Warnersister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:59 am
I've developed quite a liking for Twiining's English Breakfast tea. I may have to splash out next time I go shopping. At the moment I have a huge bag of Sainsbury's Red Label for the mornings. I've just run out of Tesco's Decaff for the evening. I rather fancy the English Breakfast as a weekend treat.

What type of milk do you all favour, if you favour any? My tea has to have full-cream milk in it or it doesn't taste right.

DW  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:25 pm
I prefer whole milk too, although when it's in tea I can cope with semi skimmed or UHT.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:54 pm
illyrianth
TEA.

We were talking about TEA.

And just to prove it, have another teapot picture. sweatdrop

User Image

I want that tea pot. smile

I shan't try to list all the varieties of tea, loose and bagged but all black,that I have on hand. Twinings' Lady Grey loose in the tin is my favorite though. I enjoy spooking my best friend by being able to tell what variety of tea she's made for me by taste alone.

Generally I drink two cups a day. I'm in America where we don't have an acknowledged tea time or can find tea at work and school, so I miss tea drinking opportunities most of you have throughout the day. *envy*

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:57 pm
Tailos-chan
Hoshits. I can barely go ten minutes without a cup of tea. Luckily, my Sixth Form classes allows me to do this during lessons, so I don't get all... cranky. W00t for me.

Alright already; this is at least the second reference to tea in school. What, are you allowed to bring it into your classrooms? Drinks except water were banned in my classes and at lunch time one could only find coffee.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150

shigatsuhana

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:13 am
I love tea. My favourite is genmaicha green tea from Japan. But if I drink English tea it has to be PG tips. I just love the way it tastes compared to other bog standard teas.

There is a fantastic tea shop in Covent Garden on Neal Street. If you love tea, I recommend a visit there.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:35 am
shigatsuhana
I love tea. My favourite is genmaicha green tea from Japan. But if I drink English tea it has to be PG tips. I just love the way it tastes compared to other bog standard teas.

There is a fantastic tea shop in Covent Garden on Neal Street. If you love tea, I recommend a visit there.

A friend recently introduced me to PG Tips. Found in the import aisle of the local grocery, it is indeed far superior to other tea bag brands.

Is it really the #1 tea in England as the box proclaims?

Ever had the Japanese Matcha tea made from powdered tea leaves that they call "froth of liquid Jade" Shigatsuhana? I recently was given some by a gentleman who lives in Japan most of the year. It is amazing! The only green tea I like; it actually surpasses most base black teas.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:02 am
Sir_Catherine
shigatsuhana

A friend recently introduced me to PG Tips. Found in the import aisle of the local grocery, it is indeed far superior to other tea bag brands.

Is it really the #1 tea in England as the box proclaims?

Ever had the Japanese Matcha tea made from powdered tea leaves that they call "froth of liquid Jade" Shigatsuhana? I recently was given some by a gentleman who lives in Japan most of the year. It is amazing! The only green tea I like; it actually surpasses most base black teas.

I believe it's the highest selling tea in the country, yes. Can't speak for #1 for quality though.

If PG Tips where #1 for quality, I think the people at Fortnum's would have some sort of fit.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:16 am
xXx White Lily xXx
Do you ever feel like you're the only one left who just likes plain ol' Yorkshire Tea?
What's with all these fancy herbal types?

Oh yes. Yorkshire tea with a (fairly) small pile of Rich Tea biscuits for dunking*. Can't knock it.

* I actually was chasitised while going through Officer Training for dunking my biscuits - apparently it was "un-Officerlike". Don't care - still did it; still do.  

[Finrod]

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:27 am
[Finrod]
xXx White Lily xXx
Do you ever feel like you're the only one left who just likes plain ol' Yorkshire Tea?

Oh yes. Yorkshire tea with a (fairly) small pile of Rich Tea biscuits for dunking*. Can't knock it.

* I actually was chasitised while going through Officer Training for dunking my biscuits - apparently it was "un-Officerlike". Don't care - still did it; still do.

I defiantly did the same at RCB (or AOSB as it now is) Westbury, and came away with a Category 1. I clearly have carte blanche to dunk!  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:54 am
Invictus_88
[Finrod]
xXx White Lily xXx

I defiantly did the same at RCB (or AOSB as it now is) Westbury, and came away with a Category 1. I clearly have carte blanche to dunk!

The inevitable conclusion is that my brave stance 12 years ago has filtered through the Forces to bring what was once taboo into the realms of acceptable behaviour.

Or that my Flight Commander was a bit of a wanker...
On reflection, probably the latter smile  

[Finrod]

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:23 pm
I'm not a tea-or-death person..I'm more of a coffe-or-death person although I must have my morning cup of tea. Must be mint, absolutely love it and it's good for the digestive system too.
Chai tea is great too, especially when you're on the road and it's freezing in a country which is known to be hot..and green tea and lemon and a small spoon of honey cure most of my sore throats.. So yes..tea is good!
You could say I was an ethical naturalist razz Well..only marginally. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:50 pm
I am now so used to tea that if I miss two or more cups, I get headaches.

Damn Tetley, too addictive.  

AkibeJosephus

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:53 pm
AkibeJosephus
I am now so used to tea that if I miss two or more cups, I get headaches.

Damn Tetley, too addictive.

heheheh...that's me and coffee...aww..why would you miss one though?  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff