Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Fallout 3 is better than Oblivion. It kinda is the same, they are both built from the same engine, but FO3 does it all better. It's still super easy to be evil, too. It kinda has a 40k feel to it. Like the Brotherhood of Steel has power armour of sorts.

On a side note, can anyone tell me if it's hard to join up with them?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:04 am

I just played Bioshock for the first time last weekend.

My life is now slightly more complete. That game is bloody amazing, and has just the right level of creepiness to it.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 am
Bioshock was fun to watch in a dark room with the sound cranked up all the way. I liked the part where Mac heard something behind him and slowly turned around, seeing a guy with a bunny mask just standing behind him going "Hi" that totally freaked him out and the way he flinched made us scream. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am
Is BioShock really that... Scary and atmospheric? Looks to me more like a slasher game. But then again, I haven't played it once. Too bad it costs 499. Not dollars, Danish Kroner.  

Jinalee

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Yeah. Every piece to it really blends together to make for a trippy roller coaster ride. And the epic plot twist will leave your jaw on the floor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 pm
*dances* I can't wait for numbah TWWWOOO and I loved one... all it needed was some sort of open world death match and I would be able to die happy. p.s. their making a movie out of it?! has potential to be awsome.

p.s. Jinalee Spend the money it is TOTALLY WORTH IT  

GamerChik240

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:56 pm

What's awesome:
Bioshock 2 is a prequel! It's gonna be bloody epic to see the whole conflict between Fontaine and Ryan build up. I mean...bloody hell, it's gonna be epic.

I'm sure that there'll be a multiplayer mode. A cool one would actually be Big Daddy vs Splicers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:42 am
Kaori Kapoigne
I killed the overlord, blew up megaton and called my dad a big a*****e. I can't kill those ******** kids tho! crying

Fallout 1 and 2 are now on gametap. You can kill them kids till they die. My recommendations? forcefeed them drugs first, they turn the flamethrower on them

My favorite FO3 moment: Attending the marriage in Rivet City, only to mezzmetron the bride and use a slave collar on her, before turning my flamethrower on the congregation. I'm going to hell.  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Jinalee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:46 am
Aw! Then I'll have to wait 3 more weeks to get the Bioshock game. D: And by the way, know any good maps for Warcraft III: Frozen Throne?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:34 am
Commissar Hark
Kaori Kapoigne
I killed the overlord, blew up megaton and called my dad a big a*****e. I can't kill those ******** kids tho! crying

Fallout 1 and 2 are now on gametap. You can kill them kids till they die. My recommendations? forcefeed them drugs first, they turn the flamethrower on them

My favorite FO3 moment: Attending the marriage in Rivet City, only to mezzmetron the bride and use a slave collar on her, before turning my flamethrower on the congregation. I'm going to hell.
I have fallout 1 and 2 lying around somewhere, I got copies of both games after showing some vague interest in the debauchery you could perform. Still need to play them some day, when I feel like it talk2hand  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 am
Bioshock is a game I still ritually play after beating it three times. Trying to go through without using a single vita-chamber on Hard, AKA Brass Balls achievement biggrin

And I didn't like Fallout 3 as much as Oblivion, and I didn't like Oblivion as much as Morrowind. Fallout 3 just seems to have little to do once you get through a lot of it. Oblivion just stays fun for me for some odd reason, and Morrowind was creative with the environment.

Also, right now, I'm play Dead Space to all hell. I love it, I need to buy it instead of just borrow it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 pm
Anyone get the extra fallout missions? Battle for Anchorage?  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:44 pm

I wanna get it to see if my dad sees anything he remembers from up there, like a town or something. I'm sure they'll have something emulating the real Alaska.

Besides that, Alaska is a pretty cool place to go. I got my Commie hat from there. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 am
Caleidah

What's awesome:
Bioshock 2 is a prequel! It's gonna be bloody epic to see the whole conflict between Fontaine and Ryan build up. I mean...bloody hell, it's gonna be epic.

I'm sure that there'll be a multiplayer mode. A cool one would actually be Big Daddy vs Splicers.

did they annouce it was a prequel? the year they show is before 1 but the scene clearly looks like it's after bioshock with the little girl with the depression era lil'daddy *sigh* I want one of those..  

GamerChik240

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 am
two more days Till I can play the demmoooo WHOOO Killzone 2!  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games