Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frangloman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:21 am
Impressive! I like the blue on the Pred, nice and vivid. Did you use foundation paint for it or just many coats of blue over black?

I'm not the biggest fan of Marines, I think they're one of the most widely used armies around while armies like Eldar and Chaos are often overlooked, which is quite sad because they're both characterful and individual.

I guess more people will do Chaos now the new codex is out and you can get plastic terminators, lords and spawn as well as that big scorpion/defiler tank thing in the new Apocalypse rules. That thing sounds like a BEAST, and it's scaring my guardsmen already, anyone else seen it? They've got one in my local GW.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:01 am
well it was primed black and painted black for my templar but I never used it. I painted it with regal or midnight blue then ultramarine blue. that was done before foundation was around.

I'm not a fan of 'vanilla' marines. I've always played templar from codex armagedon. I've always wanted an eldar army but money..... I'm still trying to scrape for the 40&#xof;f pewter stuff that was replaced by plastic minis' I have chaos but I dont use them as much because I just love my drop pods.  

wash_away

notquiteallhere

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:27 am
King Kento
notquiteallhere
Me again - anyone out there able to name this little runabout? surprised (And before I get asked - yeah I did have the other one, but it got stolen)

http://pics.livejournal.com/notquiteallhere/pic/000t6ws6/s640x480

Do you mean the name of the tank, or something else?

The tank is a specific pattern from the Dark Age of Technology, or the early Nineties if you want to be specific. mrgreen

Oh, and my out-there Rainbow Warriors paint scheme? I put together a shot with a member of all 10 companies. The middle six are all flat-colour test shots, and are that companies sole representatives. Only the metallic purple (Ultraviolet) are finished as a company. If I was to go for an Apoc Battle Company, it would be either Green, Yellow, Orange or Pink next.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:40 pm
notquiteallhere
King Kento
notquiteallhere
Me again - anyone out there able to name this little runabout? surprised (And before I get asked - yeah I did have the other one, but it got stolen)

The tank is a specific pattern from the Dark Age of Technology, or the early Nineties if you want to be specific. mrgreen

Oh, and my out-there Rainbow Warriors paint scheme? I put together a shot with a member of all 10 companies. The middle six are all flat-colour test shots, and are that companies sole representatives. Only the metallic purple (Ultraviolet) are finished as a company. If I was to go for an Apoc Battle Company, it would be either Green, Yellow, Orange or Pink next.

Is metallic red Infrared? Anyways, I think its both goofy and awesome in its own way.

King Kento

wash_away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:18 pm
notquiteallhere
King Kento
notquiteallhere

the colors remind me of halo I like the conversion with the missle launcher.

and just so I dont double post heres some more of mine.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:45 am
Those Sisters are looking good - giving them white armour makes sense to me, but then my colour sense is a little stranger than most. So if Sisters are white, and DW are black, what's left? Why, Grey Knights what are actually grey, of course! lol

notquiteallhere

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:56 am
notquiteallhere
Those Sisters are looking good - giving them white armour makes sense to me, but then my colour sense is a little stranger than most. So if Sisters are white, and DW are black, what's left? Why, Grey Knights what are actually grey, of course! lol

Makes sense to me. That or you can claim its really simple "non metallic metal"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:33 pm
notquiteallhere
http://pics.livejournal.com/notquiteallhere/pic/000t98sb/s640x480

I really wish more grey knights players would just give up on the whole metal army look. most people just cant do it.

actually I pulled that out of the codex. 'order of the rose' with that exact color scheme. 3nodding (gf's army)  

wash_away

wash_away

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:53 pm
since this is also the advice thread.

User Image

how did they do that brown weathering?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:28 pm
wash_away

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wash_away/minis/IMG_1757.jpg

Magic, duh!  

King Kento

wash_away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:45 pm
King Kento
wash_away

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wash_away/minis/IMG_1757.jpg

Magic, duh!

sweatdrop

the magic of OOP land speeders is everywhere.

User Image

User Image
Because I"m in a rush I made a base out of plasticard and stuck some soon to be crystals on it. nothing personal DE but I dont have a regular flyer base to do it justice just yet!
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:06 pm
xd Why would I take it personally? Making your own bases is easy enough, I just have a bunch of the large, flat ones because I use them for special models, and for some terrain.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Andreis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:07 pm
Well this is not actually painted, but it is prospective painting!

So. What does the Warhammer 40k guild think of this colour scheme for a Tau army?

User Image

That is roughly it.
A dusty blue as the primary. (Only one I could get on there was midnight blue but I would probably mix my own) And a Tan Colour as Secondary with Red Detailings.
I would probably include Black in the scheme somewhere.
Oh and the metal would focus on brass colour.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:42 am
Andreis
Well this is not actually painted, but it is prospective painting!

So. What does the Warhammer 40k guild think of this colour scheme for a Tau army?

User Image

That is roughly it.
A dusty blue as the primary. (Only one I could get on there was midnight blue but I would probably mix my own) And a Tan Colour as Secondary with Red Detailings.
I would probably include Black in the scheme somewhere.
Oh and the metal would focus on brass colour.

I like it, nice nuetral along with a color that doesnt blind you.

King Kento

Delpheus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:57 am
can you paint a miniture with acrylics?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games