Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Please help; beginner who needs a LOT help deciding Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:42 pm
Saint Of Demons

sweatdrop
How do you manage to get anything done?

I need Chaos and clutter, if it were "neat and organized" i'd get nothing done at all.

My bed is not a bed at all, but more of a....nest.

Yaaaaa I'm weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:49 pm
~twitches... falls, brain fried~

Okay- I cannot bring myself to read that.

Too many thoughts running together.

As a matter of fact...  

TeaDidikai

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:47 pm
Rookherst[KOS]
Saint Of Demons

sweatdrop
How do you manage to get anything done?

I need Chaos and clutter, if it were "neat and organized" i'd get nothing done at all.

My bed is not a bed at all, but more of a....nest.

Yaaaaa I'm weird.

lol sounds like my desk and bed organized yet unorganized at the same time.
Yet everything else in my room is organized...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:48 pm
TeaDidikai
~twitches... falls, brain fried~

Okay- I cannot bring myself to read that.

Too many thoughts running together.

As a matter of fact...

stare Fine I'll number them.  

Saint Of Demons

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

Fine I'll use better spelling & grammar if it bothers you that much.
I'm dyslexic. It was difficult to read your post.

But I wasn't being snarky about using proper spelling and grammar. The linguistic element of the kind of magic we are talking about can be very precise.

Quote:
The books you listed; they aren't long reads are they? They stay in the low hundreds of pages or less...I hope.

Allow me to be Nice for a moment.

If you don't want to learn- if you want a quick fix to power- I strongly suggest you find something other than magic to fill that.

You've expressed interest in a form of magic that takes years, sometimes decades even lifetimes to learn and master.

Your intellectual laziness will bring messy things upon you- no matter what you are working with.

The books I listed are a foundation of spiritual practice, mysticism and gnosis. Please tell me you understand this?

Quote:
2. So when Rook says something is not recommended whatever he has said is not recommended is definitely to be taken with great caution?

Allow me to explain.
Rook has shown himself to be of an intellectual caliber that he has earned as much trust to work with the Keys as anyone else I have such respect for but have not met face to face.

Quote:
3. I can spell and use grammar correctly I've just become accustom to not using it on the computer.
Get back in the habit. Not all of Gaia holds such loose standards.

Quote:
So basically memorize the Hebrew Alphabet?
And the meanings behind them.

Within the Hebrew Alphabet is the song of YHVH's creation in some mystic traditions and they are used in the Seals a great deal.
The numerology can be important as well.

Quote:
What does QBL stand for? I know I could Google it but chances are I'd pick the wrong thing lol
Quabalism (or any of twenty other ways of spelling it)

Quote:
4. I'll guess and say this means there are more books I need to read?
Perhaps. However, grounding, centering and warding is so common place even the internet can hold useful information on it. In fact, I think in this guild there is a thread where we discussed this. But you'll have to search for it.

Quote:
5. YHVH stands for?

It doesn't stand for anything. It's the name of the god you followed.

Quote:
6. I could've guessed they were complicated on my own.
So I'm guessing along with the massive amount of books I need to acquire there is also a need for many foreign language dictionaries?
Dictionaries alone won't cut it. You'll need to learn the language so you can grasp the linguistic nuances.

Quote:
7. I though the goal was to get them to come without getting yourself killed...
Damn...
Does the worst case happen often? Or just when you not careful and you piss off the spirit/demon?
Often is subjective. I have known a fair few people who work with this stuff that have gone quite mad. I would have laid better odds for them that I would for you.

Although, to be fair, death and madness aren’t mutually exclusive.

These practices are perfectly safe if you do them correctly. However, the intricate nature of the practice makes plenty of room for error.

I mean, the subtle difference in pronunciation between a couple beings names can render a sigil useless.

Quote:
8. As I guessed...
So not all the sources are translated into English?
Even if they were- it is a false assumption in a system where letters and sounds have power to assume that it translates from one language to another.

Quote:
Mostly what I meant by that question was do the spirits/demons speak in different languages I would have to learn.
That would very well depend on the spirit in question now wouldn't it?

1.I guess i could understand that then...

2.Ok misunderstanding on someones end there...I never meant to get the point across that I do not want to read them or anything of the nature. The question was for a different perpose; I run tight on space and I'm an organization freak so...I kinda wanted to know how much space we would be talking about whether I'd have to pack all my "leisure" books in a box and use the book shelf space for these books or not that's all I meant by the question not that I was expressing intellectual laziness.

3.I quite like the fact that this requires a lot of information to be learnt.

4.I do understand this and I agree with Rook's later post if you don't go the extra 10 miles it isn't worth going at all...

5.I see...

6.Yea I noticed sweatdrop

7.So I need to memorize the Hebrew Alphabet, their meanings, and their corresponding numerology as well?

8.Ok

9. confused I'll give it a go and look around for it.

10.I see...

11.What the hell provides more explanation to words than a dictionary??

12.I wouldn't expect you to you have been talking to me for less than 2 days...
Yea I could see how this has many places for errors...
It's/Their that sensitive?

13.I see. So if I am to take in the full meaning I have to read them in their origional language?

14.Yea
I guess it would

s**t that didn't work too well did it...uhhh sorry I tried confused
Hope it helped a little...
It's kinda confusing with all the quotes and crap....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:00 pm
Oh and I don't mean to sound lazy or unwanting to learn buuut those books you listed Tea are they all necessary to read? I'm more worried about the cost than I am the length and time it will take to read them. Reading isn't the problem it's getting the money for it although I should be able to work again here soon. I have a strong feeling your going to critisize me for saying this...

Edit #1] Also what else do you do in ceremonial magic? Summoning can't be the sole and only thing that ceremonial magic includes. Or is summoning something that should really be taken on alone without the distractions of other magic? Since it's so complicated and in such need of being precise.

Edit #2]Another question; in a previous post, about the grounding, shielding, and Centering, you mentioned that there was a thread here in the guild about them. Would it be in the depths of the main forum lost? Or is it hiding in a subforum?

Edit #3] I've been making a private journal listing all the books and information and such about them.

I have two questions.

At the beginning of the list some of the books have familiar names in them such as "James" and "Jesus Christ" which would of course relate to Christianity; all I am asking is (well more rather I'm curious about) what role does the Christian religion play in this?

My second question relates more to the books themselves instead of the text inside of them.

Are there certain authors I should purchase these books from? I know you listed one book with an author but (so I don't screw up) are there certain authors for each book that would be best? and are there certain authors I should just plain stay away from?

For example the first book, The Interlinear Bible, the first two options on the B&N website are fairly expensive if I might say sweatdrop but the cheaper of the two expensive ones has 3 translations of Hebrew, Greek, & English. The other books I'm not so sure but is their a certain book I should aquire? Instead of guessing around and possibly spending more money than I need to.  

Saint Of Demons

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:30 am
Saint Of Demons

Ok misunderstanding on someones end there...I never meant to get the point across that I do not want to read them or anything of the nature. The question was for a different perpose; I run tight on space and I'm an organization freak so...I kinda wanted to know how much space we would be talking about whether I'd have to pack all my "leisure" books in a box and use the book shelf space for these books or not that's all I meant by the question not that I was expressing intellectual laziness.
You can do a couple things for this-
1) Many of these texts are online. Sacred Texts.com has a large percent of them.
2) Collections can be found- they take up less space.

... It looks like your numbering is off.

Quote:
So I need to memorize the Hebrew Alphabet, their meanings, and their corresponding numerology as well?
Not just memorize, have Gnosis of them.

Quote:
Contextual learning.

Or are you a Jelly Doughnut?

Quote:

13.I see. So if I am to take in the full meaning I have to read them in their origional language?

14.Yea
I guess it would

The rest of this was too hard to track.

Saint Of Demons
I'm more worried about the cost than I am the length and time it will take to read them.

Two useful tools:
The Public Library
The Internet
They save space and money!

Quote:
Edit #1] Also what else do you do in ceremonial magic? Summoning can't be the sole and only thing that ceremonial magic includes.
Bulk of the practice when it comes to using the Greater and Lesser Keys is summoning. Pretty straight forward really.

Quote:
Or is summoning something that should really be taken on alone without the distractions of other magic? Since it's so complicated and in such need of being precise.
This I suggest Rook comment on.

To me, one is only limited by oneself.

Quote:
Edit #2]Another question; in a previous post, about the grounding, shielding, and Centering, you mentioned that there was a thread here in the guild about them. Would it be in the depths of the main forum lost? Or is it hiding in a subforum?
Main forum. Likely within the last year or so.

Quote:
At the beginning of the list some of the books have familiar names in them such as "James" and "Jesus Christ" which would of course relate to Christianity; all I am asking is (well more rather I'm curious about) what role does the Christian religion play in this?
Well, YHVH, factions of his will and his language are peppered throughout the whole of the practice. Yeshua was the Avatar of Enlightenment, and depending on who you talk to was an incarnation of YHVH, Ain, or a host of other beings.

Quote:
Are there certain authors I should purchase these books from? I know you listed one book with an author but (so I don't screw up) are there certain authors for each book that would be best? and are there certain authors I should just plain stay away from?
My personal suggestion to you would be to skip Crowley for now and stick mostly to Israel Regardie and source texts. That list is 99% source text.

Quote:
For example the first book, The Interlinear Bible, the first two options on the B&N website are fairly expensive if I might say sweatdrop but the cheaper of the two expensive ones has 3 translations of Hebrew, Greek, & English. The other books I'm not so sure but is their a certain book I should aquire? Instead of guessing around and possibly spending more money than I need to.
Try Amazon. Getting things used is a good way to keep costs down and still get good texts. It can be even more interesting if people have made notes in them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:52 pm
Quote:
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

Ok misunderstanding on someones end there...I never meant to get the point across that I do not want to read them or anything of the nature. The question was for a different perpose; I run tight on space and I'm an organization freak so...I kinda wanted to know how much space we would be talking about whether I'd have to pack all my "leisure" books in a box and use the book shelf space for these books or not that's all I meant by the question not that I was expressing intellectual laziness.
You can do a couple things for this-
1) Many of these texts are online. Sacred Texts.com has a large percent of them.
2) Collections can be found- they take up less space.

... It looks like your numbering is off.

Yea I have no clue what happened there. sweatdrop
Slaughter on your eyes burning_eyes but if it saves money I suppose it will do. Don't collections tend not to contain as much information as seperate texts?

Quote:
Quote:
So I need to memorize the Hebrew Alphabet, their meanings, and their corresponding numerology as well?
Not just memorize, have Gnosis of them.

Gnosis, what do you mean by that?

Quote:
Quote:
Contextual learning.

Or are you a Jelly Doughnut?

Jelly Doughnuts...where did that come from?

Quote:
Quote:

14.Yea
I guess it would

The rest of this was too hard to track.

Yea that was the part that got screwed up...not sure how the numbering got off.

Quote:
Saint Of Demons
I'm more worried about the cost than I am the length and time it will take to read them.

Two useful tools:
The Public Library
The Internet
They save space and money!

I was thinking about the Library....now I just need a library card. ninja

Quote:
Quote:
Edit #1] Also what else do you do in ceremonial magic? Summoning can't be the sole and only thing that ceremonial magic includes.
Bulk of the practice when it comes to using the Greater and Lesser Keys is summoning. Pretty straight forward really.

So...what's the non-bulk of the practice?

Quote:
Quote:
Or is summoning something that should really be taken on alone without the distractions of other magic? Since it's so complicated and in such need of being precise.
This I suggest Rook comment on.

To me, one is only limited by oneself.

Ok

Quote:
Quote:
Main forum. Likely within the last year or so.

That narrows it down to about....a couple hundred threads. eek
I'll have a guess and say the thread title doesn't give it away either...

Quote:
Quote:
Well, YHVH, factions of his will and his language are peppered throughout the whole of the practice. Yeshua was the Avatar of Enlightenment, and depending on who you talk to was an incarnation of YHVH, Ain, or a host of other beings.

So this is a mix of religions put into a practice?

Quote:
Quote:
My personal suggestion to you would be to skip Crowley for now and stick mostly to Israel Regardie and source texts. That list is 99% source text.

By source text you mean...

Quote:
Quote:
Try Amazon. Getting things used is a good way to keep costs down and still get good texts. It can be even more interesting if people have made notes in them.
I'm hesitent to use online book stores...I'd much rather go to a book store and purchase the book.

Saint Of Demons

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:28 pm
Saint Of Demons

Slaughter on your eyes burning_eyes but if it saves money I suppose it will do. Don't collections tend not to contain as much information as seperate texts?
Depends on the collection. Most of the texts mentioned might lack in commentary, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote:

Gnosis.

Quote:

It's a bad joke.

Quote:

Form, Style and esoteric understandings for the most part.

Quote:

Can't recall.

Quote:

A mix of sects would be more apt- although you would have to argue that Christendom is a heretical sect of Judiasm- but then, since it is larger than it's parent faith, that gets a little tricky.

Quote:

The "authors" are lost to antiquity . What you have when it comes to these texts are not authors but translators for the most part.

Quote:
I'm hesitent to use online book stores...I'd much rather go to a book store and purchase the book.
It's your money.

Edit: Much better on the format. Easier to respond. Bravo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:06 pm
Quote:
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

Depends on the collection. Most of the texts mentioned might lack in commentary, but that's neither here nor there.

I see...

Quote:
Quote:

Gnosis.

Yea, I looked that up like right after I left earlier.

Quote:
Quote:

It's a bad joke.

lol I guessed that.

Quote:
Quote:

Form, Style and esoteric understandings for the most part.

Ok
Just out of curiousity what would be some good books that teach basic magic(k) spells? Such as protective spells and such.

Quote:
Quote:

Can't recall.

confused This'll be fun...

Quote:
Quote:

A mix of sects would be more apt- although you would have to argue that Christendom is a heretical sect of Judiasm- but then, since it is larger than it's parent faith, that gets a little tricky.

So I have to learn the other sects in order to understand what I'm summoning and the nature of the spirit/demon?

Quote:
Quote:

The "authors" are lost to antiquity . What you have when it comes to these texts are not authors but translators for the most part.

That's what I guessed. Just wanted to make sure though.

Quote:
Quote:
It's your money.

I think B&N sells some used books...idk I'll probably just end up just going to the library and only purchasing the books I'll need to refer to often. Are there any that I will need to refer to often?

Quote:
Edit: Much better on the format. Easier to respond. Bravo.
Thanks mrgreen

Saint Of Demons

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:29 pm
I just wanted to point out as well that...

Even though I am going to read through and preparing for Summoning it isn't of course the only thing I would like to do. I would also like to learn and practice other magic. I don't really want to get into a religion yet... but I do want to perform other magic. I guess what's been called low magic (I don't really know another term for it sweatdrop ). I've heard of books that have spells in them such as the protective, healing, ect. spells. Tea you've done a pretty good job getting me going with the ceremonial magic think you could lend your other hand and help me with the "simpler" stuff as well?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:50 am
Saint Of Demons

Ok
Just out of curiousity what would be some good books that teach basic magic(k) spells? Such as protective spells and such.
With or without the K? And what style of "basic"?
Quote:

So I have to learn the other sects in order to understand what I'm summoning and the nature of the spirit/demon?
Define "other" in terms of the sects please. For it to be "another", I would think you would have to subscribe to one sect first.

Quote:
Are there any that I will need to refer to often?
Quote:

Several, but those will likely be listed later.
The list I made was the base list- the foundation of practice.

Saint Of Demons

Even though I am going to read through and preparing for Summoning it isn't of course the only thing I would like to do. I would also like to learn and practice other magic.

What kinds of magic? And why?

Quote:
I don't really want to get into a religion yet...
Given that most traditions you'll find around here are theologically based (and the major exception that comes to mind is a closed tradition), I am curious as to what you are looking for.

Quote:
but I do want to perform other magic.
Why.

Quote:
I guess what's been called low magic (I don't really know another term for it sweatdrop ).
Please define Low Magic.
Quote:
Tea you've done a pretty good job getting me going with the ceremonial magic think you could lend your other hand and help me with the "simpler" stuff as well?
What makes you think that the "other stuff" is simpler?

TeaDidikai

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:41 pm
Quote:
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

Ok
With or without the K? And what style of "basic"?

I knew more about ceremonial magic than I know about this magic.
Theres a difference? I though the "k" was added on to distinguish it from stage magic?
What are the styles to choose from? I honestly haven't got any clue....

Quote:

Quote:
Define "other" in terms of the sects please. For it to be "another", I would think you would have to subscribe to one sect first..

I'm having trouble finding words to explain....I guess that I would have to learn all the different (damn this is where I get stuck I don't know what to call them confused )

Quote:
Quote:
Are there any that I will need to refer to often?

Several, but those will likely be listed later.
The list I made was the base list- the foundation of practice.

Ok so the ones you listed I simply need to read and get the information to stick inside my brain...

Quote:
Saint Of Demons

Even though I am going to read through and preparing for Summoning it isn't of course the only thing I would like to do. I would also like to learn and practice other magic.

What kinds of magic? And why?

The only way I know to refer to them (the only way I've herd them reffered to as) is "low magic". I don't want to feel so "specialized" if you will, I want to be able to do different kinds of magic instead of just summoning..

Quote:
Quote:
I don't really want to get into a religion yet...
Given that most traditions you'll find around here are theologically based (and the major exception that comes to mind is a closed tradition), I am curious as to what you are looking for.

I wish I knew exactly what I was looking for confused but if I did know I wouldn't be here now would I?.

Quote:
Quote:
but I do want to perform other magic.
Why.

Same reason as above I don't want to feel "limited" to one thing.

Quote:
Quote:
I guess what's been called low magic (I don't really know another term for it sweatdrop ).
Please define Low Magic.

I honestly don't know how...I guess the magic that doesn't envolve...errr I don't know lol the magic that isn't ceremonial sweatdrop . That didn't help did it....

Quote:
Quote:
Tea you've done a pretty good job getting me going with the ceremonial magic think you could lend your other hand and help me with the "simpler" stuff as well?
What makes you think that the "other stuff" is simpler?
confused That was a bad assumption wasn't it sweatdrop .

don't even asked what the hell happened to the format cause I have no clue lol. Something's missing I just can't find it...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:53 pm
I finally got to looking up Grounding-Centering-Shielding and I found these websites
1. http://www.occult100.com/bos/grounding-centering-shielding.html
2. http://www.witchscauldron.net/cauldron/center.htm
3. http://www.witchscauldron.net/cauldron/shielding.htm

(the second and third are from the same "publisher" but the 3 steps were split up)

Just wanted to make sure that it isn't crap. Although the Grounding and Shielding link didn't work for me in the Occult100 website so idk how helpful that is at all...I read through the witchscauldron steps and they make sense to me but as new as I am to this I may be wrong.  

Saint Of Demons

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 pm
Saint Of Demons
2. http://www.witchscauldron.net/cauldron/center.htm

This is a decent coverage of both in general. Keep in mind some people don't"ground". I, for example, tend to 'water" or 'air" more than "ground".

Saint Of Demons
3. http://www.witchscauldron.net/cauldron/shielding.htm

Again, decent on the basics. The note on mirror shields was an interesting one.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff