Submit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:58 pm
usiylover2
Tusyo
-Resurrected Writer-
Annie Havok-Morphine
It's generic, "wasted cash"-as you put it-if you ask me. But, hey, it you like overly-perfect characters, and dramatic forbidden-love stories where the two people are pretty much obessesed with each other, then go buy it. It was well-written, but the plot was so obviously in love with itself that it just cancels out the quality of writing.

Yeah, I've heard of the terms "Mary Sue" and "Gary Stu" applying to this book a lot.
I don't understand why people refer to them as Mary-Sue and Gary-Stu. It just annoys me. I read the series and Bella is in no way a Mary-Sue, and of course Edward would seem a bit like one because the story is in her point of view. And in her point of view he is perfect. I think people are forgetting that when they make judgments on the characters. And also, of course the vampires are going to seem like overly perfect characters, They Are Vampires For Christ Sake!

*Ahem*

Have you read the books, lovie? Or, do you just not know what a Mary-Sue is? Either way, I beg to differ. Bella has no real flaws. Cutely clumsy is not a real flaw, or an interesting one for that matter. I do hope that this hapless daydream the Mayers has inserted her self into ends sometime soon, for my sake and yours.

I think her cancellation of Midnight Sun (due to being leaked onto the internet) may go some distance in that end.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm
It's... Ok ... at best I guess. xp
It defiantly isn't worth forking over money for it, maybe as a library thing or borrowing it from a friend.

I will be honest, I did like Alice a little, but that's probably only because of my obsession with the name Alice...  

Awesome Akwardness

Nakeria

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Rellik San
Annie Havok-Morphine
It's generic, "wasted cash"-as you put it-if you ask me. But, hey, it you like overly-perfect characters, and dramatic forbidden-love stories where the two people are pretty much obessesed with each other, then go buy it. It was well-written, but the plot was so obviously in love with itself that it just cancels out the quality of writing.

I'll pass methinks, I like my characters flawed and interesting.

The more people talk about "that-book-that-must-not-be-named" as I call it, the more I hate it mad

I read a bit of the first one, though I wasn't able to get into it.....sadly I like flawed characters myself, though I guess it's good to see people liking good old cornyness again.....I guess

I just think it's weird ow they get attracted to each other I'm thinking bleah xp I don't get it.....I'm kinda wishy-washy about it.

I don't get how they could fall in love like they did. It just annoys me that he is able to come to her rescue all the time it's like he's a stalker eek and and, I get that he's a vampire and their fast so ok.....but, why does he like her anyway???

When I make my stories (or OC characters) I make sure that they try not to be "mary sue-ish" or whatever. I try to make them awsome

If I want the character my character likes to randomly come out and save her...no, not good,...I must find a reason, it comes natural to me luckly. And I USE OTHER CHARACTERS TOO.

Oh gosh I'm blabbing arn't I well let's end this....hmm)

QUIT THINKING SO HARD ABOUT THIS IT'S JUST A BOOK YOU LIKE IT OR DON'T, THAT'S FINE scream

(I think I have an alter ego or something.......o_0  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:56 pm
I wouldn't waste my money it if I were you. I read Twilight when it first came out and normally it takes me a week to read a thick book like that but it took me forever to read it. I just couldn't get into the book. Mainly because I didn't like the writing style she chose for it. I'm a picky first person point of view when it comes to fiction and I didn't think she did it as well as she could have. I found Edward and Bella's relationship so boring and very unhealthy. Basically how he pretty much controls her and how they obsess over each other. Then the fact she really uses the thesaurus to replace the meaning of a word. Like the infamous sparkling in the sunlight paragraph. Then there is the fact I don't like how interpretation of a vampire. They really didn't have any flaws or many weaknesses at all. I like to see flawed characters.  

NekoYasha09er

8GothicGirl9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 pm
dude,all i could say is that it is one of the best books ever about romance and action mixed. 4laugh i would recomend it for girls though, but thats just me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:41 am
8GothicGirl9
dude,all i could say is that it is one of the best books ever about romance and action mixed. 4laugh i would recomend it for girls though, but thats just me.
cry

So it comes to this....

*drives to the middle of a lavender field in France, gets out, shoots self in despair*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:28 am
XWraith_LordX
8GothicGirl9
cry

So it comes to this....

*drives to the middle of a lavender field in France, gets out, shoots self in despair*

The best part is that you wouldn't be the only one who has died from the sickening hype the books have caused. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:38 pm
No.

Spare yourself and don't read it.  

NewAgeAntique

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:40 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
XWraith_LordX
8GothicGirl9
cry

So it comes to this....

The best part is that you wouldn't be the only one who has died from the sickening hype the books have caused. whee

*raises hand*
Add me to the list of Stephanie Meyer induced sucides.
That woman.... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:39 am
User Image
oh so Extravagant...

I recommend everyone read the series and develop their own personal opinion about it.
And opinion developed through what you've heard is not really an opinion at all.

User Image

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:43 am
XWraith_LordX
8GothicGirl9
cry

So it comes to this....

But look at the brightside, the movies are probably going to ruin the careers of most these kids, now most of them will probably never be known or liked for anything besides Twilight. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:59 pm
Blackrose Kaire
XWraith_LordX
8GothicGirl9
cry

So it comes to this....

But look at the brightside, the movies are probably going to ruin the careers of most these kids, now most of them will probably never be known or liked for anything besides Twilight. xp

Well, RPattz was also Cedric Diggory, if that counts for anything.
Shame if he goes bottom-up, because after seeing a couple of interviews on him, I kinda like him.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:57 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Blackrose Kaire
XWraith_LordX
8GothicGirl9
cry

So it comes to this....

Well, RPattz was also Cedric Diggory, if that counts for anything.
Shame if he goes bottom-up, because after seeing a couple of interviews on him, I kinda like him.
I dunno, I guess he might stand a chance... And maybe Kristen.

I was thinking more like all the other Cullens and the Jacob guy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 pm
CEDRIC! HE'S ALIIIIVE!!! OH MY GODDESS, HE'S ALIVE!
IN YO' FACE VOLDY! IN YO FACE!

I just had the urge to put that at the beginning of my post. The only good thing about the movie was that he had played a *cough*small*cough* part in Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.

But, we're talking about the book series, ofcourse.
They are good books. They have their flaws, "perfect" characters, generic plot, 12-year old romance story, unrealistic escapes -- but, if you put all that aside, it's an okay series. I read the four of them in 5 days. They were interesting. If you ask me, the fandom and screaming 12 year old girls really killed it.

So, do I reccomend reading it? sure.
However, wait until all the teenage girls have finished reading it at the library, and take it out there. Though a good series, it is not worth the price they are asking for, especially if you are the sort of person to read a book once. Quick recap incase any of this hasn't sunk in:
Read? Yes.
Buy? No.

Blackrose Kaire
It's... Ok ... at best I guess. xp
It defiantly isn't worth forking over money for it, maybe as a library thing or borrowing it from a friend.

I will be honest, I did like Alice a little, but that's probably only because of my obsession with the name Alice...

I have to admit, I did too. Alice was a fascinating character. By far my favourite in the series. And in the movies she was also drop-dead gorgeous. Only two characters in the movie were correct with my views of them in my mind: Alice, and Lu..Li..? L..uh..the jamaican enemy dude.
xD I forget his name, I'll think of it eventually.  

SADERR

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm
I really disliked it. I thought the characters were flat and annoying, especially Bella, and I did not like the writing one bit. I found it to be simply purple prose to make a bland story interesting, and I've never been that into romance, but even as far as romances go it did nothing for me. I mean, they have no chemistry. But it's all a matter of opinion.

And I personally think Kristian Stewart can't act. And it seems strange that since Kristian and Robert are dating, they should show that chemistry on screen, but they have NO chemistry. Then again, they also hate the characters they're playing.

But now I'm ranting.  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces