Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate Near?
  Yes!!!
  No
  A little...
  No he is better then L!!!
  Yes, he does not deserve to be L's heir and the next L!!!!
View Results

xX_Elysium_Xx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:02 pm
Near and L are somewhat alike...
but L will always be the best.
I think L shouldn't have gotten close to Kira...
I understand he would do anything to nail down his enemies
but.... well... :[

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:28 pm
Near's a great character, Like Mello, they each contain some attributes that L himself has, they're the perfect team. i love Death Note's ending! whoooooo  

W3-Interrupt-This-Pr0gram

SCP-511

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:37 pm
L has more heart, which was good but also bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:05 pm
Mokusei
L has more heart, which was good but also bad.

I think so too  

W3-Interrupt-This-Pr0gram

koiblab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:32 pm
I HATE NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:40 am
Personally, I really like Near. I wasn't too fond of him in the beginning (not because I hated him, I just found him a bit boring) but after I started reading the manga more he really started to grow on me. Perhaps I'm just being fangirlish when I say this but I find him so adorable. Despite being kinda cold he's just the kinda guy I want to just run up to and hug. It doesn't help that he's 19 and still looks and acts like a little kid (in a way), either. sweatdrop
I think I also like him because he's quite mysterious and hard to read. When it comes to my over active imagination and my ability to type down any story that forms in my head it's quite fun to ponder what Near's childhood before he got to Wammy's was like and how it affected him so much that he's become the strange boy he is during the story line of Death Note. He's quite fun to write fanfiction about once you got the hang of his character and know where to break boundaries.  

[ The Twitch .Annoyance ]

Ablepsy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:49 am
I doooooo!!
He reminds me of L, but more boring, bland, and not as pure awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:37 pm
I seriously thought we were supposed to be the "L Guild" not the "Near bashing guild."

Near is L's heir. He's also the one who ended up bringing Kira to justice in the end, finishing what L started. There is no reason for him to be hated because of those two facts.

Let's thinks this over, guildies... if you really truly love L, you might begin to look at Near in a different way, well, at least I do.

Near is in no way L's replacement. He even admits that neither him nor Mello could be equal to L. However, together, they were able to surpass him.

The way I've seen you flame this character though... it's almost like most of you hate him more than Kira...  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:51 pm
I don't particularly like Near much, but I don't hate him. How can someone hate Near more than Kira? I mean, really.
Near=strange, hard to read, and the one who actually catches Kira (even though Mello is the only reason for that.)
Kira=homicidal maniac
Just because I'm not fond of Near, doesn't mean I won't argue his case.
Not someone I'd personally like to spend a lot of time with, but it's not like I want him to drop dead.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:17 pm
I don't like Near, but I guess I don't really hate him... but he's pretty bland, I think, really boring... but I don't hate him.
On the other hand, I loathe Kira. I mean, he killed L.. HAAATE.
I just don't think he's worthy of being L's successor. He was smart but he didn't seem smart enough.  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:38 pm
SerenitytheWaterSprite
I don't like Near, but I guess I don't really hate him... but he's pretty bland, I think, really boring... but I don't hate him.
I just don't think he's worthy of being L's successor. He was smart but he didn't seem smart enough.

*feels like she's stepping out of line arguing with the Leader, but steps out of line*

Since we're all here, I will say that we do hate Kira.

As for Near not being as smart as L... L is 12 years older than him. He's got more experience, and more years of logic behind him. L's nearly a generation ahead of Near, so we can't expect them to be on the same level.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:20 pm
Misuki Marishima
SerenitytheWaterSprite

*feels like she's stepping out of line arguing with the Leader, but steps out of line*

Since we're all here, I will say that we do hate Kira.

As for Near not being as smart as L... L is 12 years older than him. He's got more experience, and more years of logic behind him. L's nearly a generation ahead of Near, so we can't expect them to be on the same level.

rofl Step out of line as often as you feel the need. biggrin

Well, okay, that's true. I'll admit there was quite an age difference, but...
Damnit, I can't come up with an argument. I'll just say I don't think he was worthy and leave it at that. D<  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:30 pm
I just wanted to enlighten a few of our members on this post that... well...

Near isn't L's 'replacement', he's his 'successor.'

Therefore, I don't hate him, others still might, but I just wanted all the facts to be straight.

It's obvious I really like Near, but no one else has to if they don't want to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:50 am
As I have said, the first episode I saw Near, I hated him. The following episode, I liked him.

I had thought that the producers were simply filling in the hole that L became with someone so... similar.
With that prejudice, I didn't like him.
I soon saw that he was almost as tactical as L, and that made me begin to like him.

Ryuzaki - Silence

nmfrter

Star-Crossed Guardian

29,225 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Headstrong Believer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:34 am
Near is not my favorite but, i like him ( a little bit) but i don't really like when he play with his toys...  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff