Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:41 pm
MortSanglant
Whisper Gently
Black lipstick is tacky, and I think makes you look like you try too hard.

To wear it on a daily basis, definitely.
I don't mind seeing it in artistic expressions such as photography or whatnot.
It's also permissible if your Halloween costume is that of the stereotypical goth. Hahaha.
Not to mention most people who wear it don't apply it well.
Black lipstick must be worn with precision, otherwise it looks a damn mess.

Fair enough. If I ever wear black lipstick I make sure it starts at red and fades to black... but even then that's only for Halloween.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 pm
I just bought some of the mac/disney venomous villains collection.
I got some Cruella de Ville lipstick and blush and Dr. Facilier lip gloss.
I love the colors. mrgreen  

Hyena_Queen

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:38 am
Generally, I hate makeup. I'm allergic to the cheap stuff, and it looks horrible. So I lay off it, usually.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:49 pm
I'm a slave to the retail side of makeup, and I have the opportunity to wear insane stuff to work whenever I want! Unfortunately, it's extremely product-driven, and it's hard to decide what is really the good stuff and what is just being marketed very well.

I have more makeup in my stash than what I know to do with, but I love having a variety! I like using lipliners as eyeliners, colored eyeliners as lipsticks, colored mascaras to tint my brows (when I had blue hair), ect. I needed dark green lipstick for a show, and I don't know anyone who sells that color. Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Covet looked fantastic. It's smudgeproof, too.

As far as black lipstick goes, I'm totally not afraid (with the right outfit)! Just make sure to use a lip liner. I like to set it with black eyeshadow to make it look matte.

It's safe to say I'm a huge makeup junkie.  

MEOWITSTERRA

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:43 pm
I LOVE makeup - I'm pretty obsessed with it.

Eyes:
I love to do golds, rich browns, dark greens, shimmery blacks and greys and then of course bright, Urban Decay kinds of colors. I tend to do a smoky eye look, with whatever colors I'm using - with a base color, a darker color on the outer part of the lid/around the eye, and white or silver in the corners. Often black eyeliner (Urban Decay, or Smashbox, usually), but other times brightly colored, metallic eyeliner (Cargo liners). Depends on the shadow. My favorite brand of shadow is NARS. My favorite mascaras: Tarte, and Smashbox's dark red.

Face:
I use the lightest Smashbox foundation/concealer, and a couple different NARS blushes. Also, Wes Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat is an amazing highlighter for just under the eyes and lips.

Lips:
I'm a big fan of a nude lip, one that really just blends into the face, but has a nice liner so it stands out still. It has a striking, sometimes weird, sometimes elegant look. I have a Mac liner/lipstick duo for that. Other days I like simple colors, and I also use NARS, and Urban Decay lip colors.

I could go on for a while with this, but ya know....my own makeup choices interest me a whole hell of a lot more than they do other people. XP  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 am
Now I've never been one for make up myself since I was a baby bat, slathering on eye liner and whatnot.

However recently a friend of mine who is an actress, regularly in live shows and musicals and such, did my make up one night while I was at her house. Just a bit of concealer, light blush, and a dark lipstick and liner. It was actually done very subtle, and unnoticeable that I was even wearing make up, however it brought out some very nice traits.

I've done a touch of eye liner very lightly on myself on rare occasion, but the only other time I've ever worn make up is dressing in drag, which is more of a theatric than anything. (Yes, I'll admit to waltzing around the town as a sweet transvestite. It's actually great fun).  

SADERR

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces