Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
ID Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

varyen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 pm
I've never been carded, but I think it's because I look pretty mature (even if I don't always act that way).
Never got any strange looks either, mostly smiles and "Hello, how are you today"'s.
It also might have to do with the fact that they don't care as long as they're making money!

They have cameras in the little Barnes and Nobles at the mall, so if I want to tear the plastic off and read something I have to do it under the edge of the bookshelf (i often sit on the floor while looking). Strangely enough though, the larger Barnes and Nobles which is a separate store in and of itself has no cameras and no alarm system (believe me, I've put this to the test ;DD ).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 pm
I only get IDed at one store. It's near my mother's and it specializes in anime and manga. Places like Chapters, and small little comic shops though, I am never carded. In a way I think it's a good thing. People are getting more and more desensitized to hard core sex content at younger and younger ages. I think thre's something to be said for keeping one's innocence a little longer. I know most other fans won't agree with me, but that's how I feel.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:52 am
Hoshi no Miko
I only get IDed at one store. It's near my mother's and it specializes in anime and manga. Places like Chapters, and small little comic shops though, I am never carded. In a way I think it's a good thing. People are getting more and more desensitized to hard core sex content at younger and younger ages. I think thre's something to be said for keeping one's innocence a little longer. I know most other fans won't agree with me, but that's how I feel.

Let's make this Christmas...

3nodding It's good that people are loosening up a bit. DA put the old mature content filters back, and Elfen Lied was moved from R to MA a while ago too ^^
...a real scream~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:19 pm
hmm. I haven't been carded....

strangely enough, i look younger than i actually am. XD  

Duke of Drag

Beloved Conversationalist

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers