Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
$1,000,000 dollars in a case, take it or leave it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Take it or leave it?
  Take it!
  Leave it...
  Umm......throw it all up in the air!
  Paint each bill a different colour and arrange in a picture.
View Results

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:15 am
I'm really surprised so many people are keeping the money. I mean, how can someone take something they have no right to? That simply doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not sure if I'd even turn it into the police. That much money in one place like that is clearly there for a reason, and I don't want to interfere with what is probably a ransom or blackmail. I mean, imagine someone had arranged to leave the money in a public place like that because their child was kidnapped. Then some random person takes the money. The child would probably get killed. While you don't know what's going on, none of the possibilities are at all pleasant, and none of them can be improved by a random person taking the money.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:26 am
I would start one of the worlds most expensive bonfires - ever.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:59 pm
The Goth Apple
I'm really suprised so many people are keeping the money. I mean, how can someone take something they have no right to? That simply doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not sure if I'd even turn it into the police. That much money in one place like that is clearly there for a reason, and I don't want to interfer with what is probably a ransom or blackmail. I mean, imagine someone had arranged to leave the money in a public place like that because their child was kidnapped. Then some random person takes the money. The child would probably get killed. While you don't know what's going on, none of the possiblities are at all pleasant, and none of them can be improved by a random person taking the money.
Agreed, and I would feel horrible for taking it... >_< Even if it would help out my family a great deal.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:24 pm
well if i came upon a case with that much money i would bring it to the police to find it's owner cuz for 1)if someone clamed it and was not in the mafia they would probably give an award. and 2)if no one clames it with in a couple of weeks you get to keep it. if that happened i would put some in a bank give some to relay for life and an animal fund. i would rent an appartment and the rest go shoping  

Bloody_Vampire_Heart666

Sad Lion Serenade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:02 pm
Take enough as to be hood rich, but not enough to be missed. The last thing I want is to be wearing a comfy pair of cement bricks around my ankles with my hand cut off while taking a dip at the local docks.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am
i'll use some of the money to find out who owns it, if the mafia owns it, ill use the remaining money to go somewhere far,then return to my house 1 day,then i'll go get a memorial plan,just in case the mafia discovered i spend it rofl  

moonclown

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:18 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
I would start one of the worlds most expensive bonfires - ever.
Can I help with that? biggrin

*robs seven major international banks, delivers the money to you*

So, can we start now? blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:43 am
I say take it. Half for a retirement fund and the rest for paying off college.  

ataraxia_18

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:00 pm
As much as I'd hate to leave that money all cold and alone on the street, I have to agree with The Goth Apple.... stare
All the good times...*imagines running with money case through flower fields and playing catch and Macy's*..sigh.. crying
Besides I've seen too many movies where this goes terribly wrong, but then again I've seen too many movies. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:59 pm
I'd take it and buy cool clothes for homeless teens.  

Masquerade_PLUR

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:20 pm
That's nice of you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 pm
I'd take it, I need a new car.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:38 pm
Take it. I would probably check the money for tracking devices (a la 'No country for old men [don't want that happening to me]), mail the suitcase to someone randomly in the phonebook with a return address from another person with a random address (of course cleaning any and all fingerprints from it, and the box I'd mail it in). I would put 20,000$ in alot of different banks, in a high-interest savings account, and put 40,000$ in a checking account tied to a debit card. I would buy a new house (a 400,000$ one), and live off of the interest from all the accounts, and keep about 50,000$ around my new home in case something happens.

If the mob finds me, I put them through one hell of a chase. (also, if you could think of ways they could find me if I did this, let me know, and I'll try and think of ways around it, assuming they didn't see me when I picked it up)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:34 am
I think if someone doesn't claim something after so many weeks - I think it's 12 - whoever hands it in gets to keep it.

So I'd hand it in and if I didn't get it back then it's no big deal. You can't miss what you didn't have.

If I did get it back, I'd buy a smallish house - maybe 2 bedrooms for about £125,000- decorate it, by a small car for maybe £8,000 and split what's left over between charities like the RSPCA, NSPCC, Cancer research UK, Great Ormond street hospital, and the Sophie Lancaster foundation.  

broken_joker

ll Blood of an Angel ll

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:30 pm
I'd take it  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items