Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
So you're a streetlight manifesto fan... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slag10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:19 pm
idea to send to Spazz for a new song- "A call for the utter and complete violent annihilation of streetlight manifesto"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:49 pm
Sounds like something Matt Wixson would write.

I'd be more amused if Jeff Rosenstock did it though.  

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:09 am
or i ronnie james dio wrote it. that would be awesome. i think we start circulating that article as something Dio wrote.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:26 pm
This article only conveys the age old idea that music should be enjoyed for its musical quality and not just what's fashionable. It's true, but I mean, there is definitely a condescending vibe coming from this article that I don't appreciate.  

Rick _Vegas

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:52 pm
Rick _Vegas
This article only conveys the age old idea that music should be enjoyed for its musical quality and not just what's fashionable. It's true, but I mean, there is definitely a condescending vibe coming from this article that I don't appreciate.

Exactly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:13 am
Rick _Vegas

I appreciate it very much so. =]

seems me and Matt Wixson have a bit in common when it comes to ska.  

Guns of Navarone

Faeyna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:04 am
I agree with this whole-heartedly. I actually got into first wave and two-tone first. I wear my checkers proudly, recognizing their symbolism, not just wearing them trying to look cool for some stupid myspace pictures.
I do enjoy a great deal of third-wave ska, but it will never make me feel the same way that first wave and two-tone do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:28 pm
I'm so proud of myself. the skunk allstars are awesome and streetlight really never called themself ska.
I'll admit that i have a few friends that are like this. they listen to rbf, op ivy, big d and streetlight. i try to talk to them about bands from the past and half the time they dont know who i'm talking about. but at the same time i enjoy their presence because they're the only ones around my community that has even heard of ska.
I'M SO HAPPY THAT BOSSTONES ARE BACK!! yes i just got back here today, jan. 29th.  

eUAjwe4K

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:50 pm
kay_tee0120
I'm so proud of myself. the skunk allstars are awesome and streetlight really never called themself ska.
I'll admit that i have a few friends that are like this. they listen to rbf, op ivy, big d and streetlight. i try to talk to them about bands from the past and half the time they dont know who i'm talking about. but at the same time i enjoy their presence because they're the only ones around my community that has even heard of ska.
I'M SO HAPPY THAT BOSSTONES ARE BACK!! yes i just got back here today, jan. 29th.

haha I see, well. welcome back then. haha. ******** s**t people need to talk on here more.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:12 pm
well i have an excuse. being a senior in high school, a director for my schools tv show, and the lighting goddess for our spring production really has it's busy times.

but i dont want to get too off topic.

im so happy MMB are back together. I'm having a hard time finding their new album though. Would someone like to tell me what they think of it before i buy it?  

eUAjwe4K

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:42 am
kay_tee0120
well i have an excuse. being a senior in high school, a director for my schools tv show, and the lighting goddess for our spring production really has it's busy times.

but i dont want to get too off topic.

im so happy MMB are back together. I'm having a hard time finding their new album though. Would someone like to tell me what they think of it before i buy it?

I got it off kraytracker. lol. order it online if you wanna buy it. but uhh. being a senior in highschool is more like an excuse TO post a lot. senior year is nothin. highschool in general is nothing but whatever. try college, plus being in a band, basically writing everything for said band, and I still waste a lot of time on s**t. I should stop wasting time n all but whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:22 am
Come on now High school is nothing and so is writing for a band I've done it before and I've just been invited to embark on 3 projects I don't know which one to take.

The new Bosstone cd only has 3 new songs on it so depending on how your bosstones collecetion is you may not find it nessecry. Though I had most the songs I like the cd any way.  

Kingshortpants

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:49 pm
well when you're writing 7 new songs lyrics, guitar, bass, and multiple horns. writing for a band isn't exactly nothing.

Highschool is nothing. college is hardly anything, but its more than ******** highschool.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:16 pm
Well I've never written horns but Generally I write the lyrics, guitar, bass, and sometimes drums. I'm not gunna say any of my songs are good lol and at the moment I'm between bands but I enjoy it so I don't think of it as work.  

Kingshortpants

JustinGoSka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 am
Yeah, I agree. I love Streetlight Manifesto and Suburban Legends. But theyre not like the 1st wave and TwoTone stuff. Most people who say theyre a "rude boy" dont even know what a rude boy is. They dont even know that rude boys are Jamaican gangsters.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff