Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
'Cause that's the normal reaction... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If this is in the wrong forum
  feel free to move it, and sorry.
View Results

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:08 pm
External Penetration

Then in one of the final warnings said "het."
My reaction was this "*disgusted noise* gonk "

Anyone else had moments like this?

Totally had moments like those. Once upon a time I had a site with a fic archive. I put in "Het" under the warnings section. I didn't think anything of it until a few of the authors approached me about, "So Het is a warning now? What's up with that?"

Of course, my reaction to that was similar to yours. Only I'm sure I threw in there something about "Het" and "Squick" and "How could you?!"

Yeah. Not much of a Het fan these days. LOL

I really do appreciate the authors who put those warnings in there. Especially if they're carefully highlighted with big red pointers that say, "Incoming het lemon..." and then I'm all with the "Red alert! Raise shields, captain!" (What? So I'm a trekkie too...)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:07 pm
i stopped reading het like a year ago. it just stopped being appealing, like why read about harry and ginny or ron and hermione when you COULD be reading harry and DRACO or ron and WOOD, just more exciting and a lot of times way cuter then a lot of the het fics  

FallenAngel231303

B!tchyNluvNit

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:05 am
Oh yes! I couldn't believe myself when it happened. I used to be very accepting of pairings(not really, but I'd take a peak at a good story until it got to a ship I didn't like) and one day I was reading this summary and it seemed very interesting, like somethign I would like. I think it hinted at something between Gryffindor and Slytherin so I thought, hey great H/D. And I look and the warnings and there wasn't slash or anything. I thought, maybe they just forgot, I looked in and thank goodness for authors notes, they said it was Dramione and I ran away screaming.

Okay, not that drastic but you know what I mean. I'm sure that was an awesome fic but I couldn't stomach to read something nonslash. I even got an e-mail from fanfiction.net saying that one of my story alerts that I read before I got into slash had updated and I could barely sit through it because it was het. I felt so ashamed of myself! I'm a completely different person now.

I blame my friend Kerry cause she brought a yaoi fic to school and I started reading it over her shoulder but I only had one class with her so I didn't get to finish it so I spent the entire weekend after that looking for that fic and I finished it and I read everything else by that author and I got swept up into it!

I had to try to read HBP three times! I couldn't stand the heteroness! I could deal with it if it wasn't written down. I don't know why but I can watch het TV shows or movies and it'll be fine, but as soon as it's written down, I'm like RUN AAWWWAAAAAYYYY!! I think this has somethign to do with my love of the written word so much....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:16 pm
I never was a het fan my bf found my stories and he was like yeah your stories are well written but are they all slash i laughed and said is there any other kind...i love it know that they have warnings before i would read a whole chapter before i found out hat it was het now i skip over them completly suh a time saver  

Donut777

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:48 pm
Yaoi_cutie
::Nice xD
Yeah, that's happened to me.
I'd be skimming through all these fics going 'Bibleslash, twincest, rape, Mpreg(ew), character death, beastality, het-OH NASTY!'
Yeah...my friends are worried about my sanity. I'm worried about what I'll do if I find a database of pretty Harry/Draco or Remus/Sirius. I may never leave my room again.
You find it starts invading your life, too...Now whenever I see a movie or TV show, I automatically pair up whatever hot guys I can. And then cry if I can't find fics for them online.::

ACK! I agree! I second, third! I agree!
As well, I can't stand MPreg, I read one...but...it just makes them so...OOC, and ...submissive and woman-like. Eck.

Hehe. Same with me (for the movies) I honestly just keep looking at the guys there and magically pair them up--even when I wasn't thinking about that. When I saw these guilds, I was like 'I found heaven...' xD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:03 pm
Im ok with het if the pairing is proper...
I 100% will close a atory if it has Remus/Tonks Remus/OFC Draco/pansy Draco/OFC Sirius/OFC Severus/Lily Severus/OFC (i will also close a story that have lily and james with anyone other than lily or james)
if you wanna right a story about Lily/james ron/hermione or luna/neville or moody/arabella or tonks/shackelbolt or molly/arthur(eww for the parent factor) go right ahead just leave my effing boys out of it...
(this also goes for JK rowling with her disgusting remus/tonks bok 6 impersionation which was really just a really bad fanfiction)  

PhoebeMarie

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:53 pm
B!tchyNluvNit

I had to try to read HBP three times! I couldn't stand the heteroness! I could deal with it if it wasn't written down. I don't know why but I can watch het TV shows or movies and it'll be fine, but as soon as it's written down, I'm like RUN AAWWWAAAAAYYYY!!

That's my problem right there. It's also the reason I much prefer to read fic over canon because of the het issue. I can watch the film, and then go look up a fic alternate version using slash.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 pm
I have definitely had that happen to me. List of pairings: Lucius/Draco (yup thats fine), Fred/George (yup that too), Ron/Scabbers (meh w/e), Harry/Ginny (OMG NOOOOO!! EWWWWW That is so WRONG!). The first time I had that reaction I had to do a doubletake, I was shocked at my reaction, but that was about 3 years ago and I passed the point of no return about 2 years and 360 days ago blaugh  

RukaMaron

Tia_blue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:52 pm
i do this too! all me friends make fun of me cuz i have no problem reading twincest (okay i love it sweatdrop ) but then i see something with the sam e stuff i usually read only its het and i'm all EWWWW! Oh vey rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:56 pm
PhoebeMarie
Im ok with het if the pairing is proper...
I 100% will close a atory if it has Remus/Tonks Remus/OFC Draco/pansy Draco/OFC Sirius/OFC Severus/Lily Severus/OFC (i will also close a story that have lily and james with anyone other than lily or james)
if you wanna right a story about Lily/james ron/hermione or luna/neville or moody/arabella or tonks/shackelbolt or molly/arthur(eww for the parent factor) go right ahead just leave my effing boys out of it...
(this also goes for JK rowling with her disgusting remus/tonks bok 6 impersionation which was really just a really bad fanfiction)

...heh i actually really like Lupin/Tonks (don't kill me! burning_eyes ) i thought they were sweet, but i would have liked it better if he was with Sirius, and apparently J.K.R wanted to do that but her editors wouldn't let her (apparently)

anywho i NEVER read R/T ff and ALWAYS read R/L ff heart heart heart  

Tia_blue

Firenation Innara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:34 pm
User Image
Um...Sorry to say, but who cares...? I don't mean to sound rude by anymeans, but heterosexual pairings are just as...Oh I don't know what im trying to say...but basically, who cares if there's het in it...? :/ Slash is my favorite, but thers no need to really get so worked up over Draco not being with Harry....If draco prefers..oh...say...Ginny, or something...then he should be able to get what he wants...xDDDD

Im fine with het...Probably because im also a huge fan of femslash, unlike most slashers i've seen.

And again, not trying ot be rude, i just think some are taking the whole slash thing a bit to far in that sence.....

Hurrah, im individual.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:28 pm
I cant say it has....cause where as I am all for slash and much prefere it...as long as it has a good plot, I dont mind het once in awhile. I mean I'm totally for the draco/ginny pairing...even if I prefere to separate it into harry/draco....ginny/hermione.  

Arial Kothem

B!tchyNluvNit

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:31 pm
Tia_blue

...heh i actually really like Lupin/Tonks (don't kill me! burning_eyes ) i thought they were sweet, but i would have liked it better if he was with Sirius, and apparently J.K.R wanted to do that but her editors wouldn't let her (apparently)

anywho i NEVER read R/T ff and ALWAYS read R/L ff heart heart heart

OMG, if that's true, Jo is so much more awesome and worship-worthy than we think. AND THAT'S A LOT! That makes so much sense cause everyone is always saying she took the (most likely to be) gay characters and put them together to prevent any gay controvery. Damn editors! I would've gotten into HP so much sooner if that happen! xd mrgreen 4laugh xd whee whee
Now if you'll excuse, I have to run around my house squealing. xd I feel like my face is gonna break  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:10 am
I personally have no problem with het. My problem is with canon. I like to pick who ends up with who and with reasoning of my own other than the canon pairings. Though I can accept some pairings, I find fault with most in the HP series. Like I actually support Ron/Hermione. I'm not a fan since I dislike Hermione and Ron is meh to me, but they make a cute couple.

Also, odd fact. I've been writing slash for years and only until recently could I actually write het or femslash. I was able to write femslash before writing het.

*shudder at the thought of Remus/Tonks and walks off*

LilMeady

Super Cy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:04 am
The closest thing to a het fan fic i have touched in...well...since me reading fanfic is a Harry Potter role play we started a few months after the 5th book. And I am actually a shamed of the fact on of my HP fic has Hermione/Ron even though it revolved around Harry/Draco and i believe they are the only het pairing, but still ashamed. LOL and my bf hates me writing Slash. If only he knew....And i think the reason why some fan fics have Ginny Harry's dead lover is because they enjoy killing off Ginny...I know I do!! ninja  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff