Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pyforhist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:29 am
Percussionists:
At the concert, randomly break out in dance while you're counting rests (we did this one year and our conductor got so mad)

Play random rim-shots when you're counting rests during a mp section

Have a percussionist not playing for a song get in front of your section and start conducting the peice on his own. Make sure he's conducting in the wrong time...

All Band:
Have each section die their hair or paint their faces before the concert. Blue and Pink and Green always look good.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:57 pm
when he has you play a song, play a different one...
works for mine  

Cinaed~Born.Of.Fire

Pillilu

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:16 am
Bring your own blow up chair to sit in!! xd I need to do that i bet he'll love itt!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:57 pm
Steal broken chairs from the auditorium and hot-glue/nail them to the wall  

x__CrimsonRegret

viking_kween

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:49 am
our band replaced all the batons with spatulas and wooden spoons wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:43 am
During a scales test, start playing the theme to Star Wars in the middle of it.  

Darling_daughter_faye

Miss. Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:48 am
Have a conversation/play the fight song(wich he can't stand) while he's talking.

Yell "I love you!!!" Reall really loud....It's even better to do it while he's talking to his girlfriend/wife  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:34 pm
Call her/him names that he/she is embarassed that you even know.

The other music teacher told us all a story of our director's most embarrassing moment. We now call her 'Disco Deb'.

Switch parts! I was on clarinets, and I switched music with my oboe friend. My old teacher could not figure out why we sounded so out of tune...Or pull your instrument apart at its joints, so that it sounds so bad... The whole band did this once...

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

Arandur

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:54 pm
Use a saxaphone mouthpiece on a tuba, use a tuba mouthpiece on a clarinet, use a bassoon reed on a trumpet, use a trumpet mouthpiece on a flute, etc. I've done all of those xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:57 pm
wear your hat in class and when the teacher tells you to take it off, take it off but when they tell someone to do the same, put it back on. Repeat the process until your director lets you keep the hat on, takes it away from you or you play along with them.

insult their name...our director is Perkins. some older students call him Mr. P and others, Perky Pants. blaugh

stressed Hide their keys!!! this is a big one! whatever keys you can find, car keys, room keys, instrument room keys, cabinet keys, whatever just hide them. they will spend a while franticly looking for them. stare

constantly talk. between rests, songs, putting away, setting up anywhere. this really bugs our directors. surprised

flutes-steal each others button from their head-joint, and
casually roll your flute in and out to change the pitch.

trumpets and trombones- create puddles for your director or ffollowing classes to step in.

clarinets- claim to have misplaced, used, loaned or have broken all of your reeds and say that you will go pick up some later that day. wink

percussionists- break as many of your sticks as much as possible. especailly the mallets.  

Sidty

Dark197A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:21 pm
Number_09
Some.. Most of these kick a**!

~ Play cards with others in your section during long rests.
~ Count rests loudly.

since I'm the only bass clarinet, that'd kinda be solitare xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:22 pm
Whenever you see them, flick them in the arm/back. This usually gets a good reaction after the fifth time.

Ask for a new reed about twice a week. Claim you lost/loaned all of the ones you had.

Ask lots of questions right before you start playing.

Make up a funny/strange nickname for them. Or, simply shorten their name.

Burn them with every chance you get.

This one is a good one if they're addicted to something like Diet Coke. If they're trying to go without a drink for a day in an attempt to quit, walk into the band room drinking whatever they're trying to avoid. Drink it right in front of them. (I did this at band camp. The next thing I knew, I was being strangled from behind with one hand and the other attempted to take the Diet Coke from me.)  

Jazztast!c

Erisad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:04 pm
Um...I don't like to annoy my band director but here's some that other's have done:

~Wink at him flirtingly (if your a guy)
~Act 10 years younger than what you are
~Never shut up
~Never remember how many flats/sharps are in a scale...even though you just gone over it.
~Leave class 10 minutes early for an injury you had 4 months ago.
~Enter on your solo 2 beats late. (this really ticks him off)
~Say, "I can't do it."
~Say, "What's the point of this?" (that kid got in major crap for that.)
~Yell, "My director rocks my socks!" at the band concert when he enters with the higher/lower band. (I almost did this...but I forgot.)

That's about it for now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:12 pm
A flute friend of mine came up with this. casually talk to the BD and just randomly fart silently in the middle of your conversation and watch to see if his expession changes . biggrin smile redface sweatdrop gonk  

Dark197A

Dimitri_H

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:57 pm
this drives my BD nuts.

when ever something on your instrument isn't working right. Take it upon yourself to discover the problem and fix it in any means possible.

Jim absolutely flipped when I took a pair of pliers to a key on the bari saxophone I play.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff