Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
MCR, anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MCR:
  Rocks!
  Sucks!
View Results

Candy Fornication

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:20 pm
scream  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:13 pm
benjinoel
I don't know how many of you guys know...but...THREE CHEERS FOR SWEET REVENGE WAS NOT I REPEAT... wahmbulance WAS NOT wahmbulance ....THE FIRST CD FOR MCR!! I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love was the FIRST CD exclaim So try listening to it and you might like them more 3nodding

*treat for all*
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomHDx1qbQI

Heard it, and I still think they are soulless, ballless and talentless suckers of satans c**k who's 15 minutes of fame are almost up.  

Rellik San
Captain

II Bernard II

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:30 am
well ok. wtf do u listen to that's so damn great? mcr never claimed to be emo or punk or anything else. there just angry peeps that's all. or are u upset cuz they all write there songs based off of what they've been through? not everyone experiences the same thing. so maybe you just think they're posers, right? wrong. not every band out there bothers to write music to help ppl go through the s**t they go through. maybe mcr isn't the greatest band...i'm not saying that. i'm saying that there REAL. they didn't start for the money and no they're not rich. it's just mtv that ******** up there image. and no i'm not one of those "OMG IT'S GERARD." fan ppl.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:21 am
benjinoel
well ok. wtf do u listen to that's so damn great? mcr never claimed to be emo or punk or anything else. there just angry peeps that's all. or are u upset cuz they all write there songs based off of what they've been through? not everyone experiences the same thing. so maybe you just think they're posers, right? wrong. not every band out there bothers to write music to help ppl go through the s**t they go through. maybe mcr isn't the greatest band...i'm not saying that. i'm saying that there REAL. they didn't start for the money and no they're not rich. it's just mtv that ******** up there image. and no i'm not one of those "OMG IT'S GERARD." fan ppl.

I don't think they are posers and I have no beef with the actual band themselves (except Gerard, the guys a c**k), I just don't like their music, it has no passion at all and all they've tried to do with the last album is imitate queen, prior to that, they were just whiney as hell. I've never once said, they were punk or emo, I've actually tried getting it through to people that they are pop-rock on many an occasion. As for writing songs based off your experiences... Metallica did it, Pantera did it, Anthrax did it, Slayer did it, Limp Bizkit did it before they got famous, Korn did it, The Bangles did it, NWA did it, Public enemy did it, there is nothing wrong with doing it, but when your producing absolute dross even based off of your own life, you should quit the music business.

Also, give royalties from record deals, large amounts of merchandising, various contracts allowing their music to be used on TV... they are bloody well rich maybe not as rich as Hetfield and Dickinson but they could stop now and live comfortably forever. As for keeping it real and not being in it for the money, all the bands I listed before started out that way.

All my criticisms of them are justified as someone thats been into alternative music, since before you were even born you might want to take stock of what I say.  

Rellik San
Captain

II Bernard II

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:11 pm
what i want to know is who shoved the show up your a**...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:55 pm
benjinoel
what i want to know is who shoved the show up your a**...

Well lets see, because of that band and their fans, I had to change the pub that I and my friends had been drinking in before half of this gaia was born, I have to put up with them infesting every aspect of rock culture like some damn cancer and I have to deal with screaming little fan girls and boys that wouldn't know originality if it came up and hit them across the head with a steel baseball bat. All in all, I feel my bitterness and resentment, towards the band as an entity (not the people in it) is fully justified, because of the unwarranted impact they brought onto a culture that most of the people here would have had nothing to do with, if it wasn't for that band.  

Rellik San
Captain

II Bernard II

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:59 am
wow...we just don't agree do we? u say they're not original...i say the opposite. and yes the annoying ppl in the front of concerts that r screaming "OMG IT'S GERARD!" or "GERARD CAN I HAVE YOUR KIDS" etc r ******** annoying!!! but that's life...i guess...i just don't pay attention to them...and about the impact...blame mtv. what do you mean here? on the forum?? even if mcr didn't exist...i'd still be here...there r other bands that i like that's related and some that's not. i'm in the middle. i don't expect you to like these bands...your loss.
Bjork-coldplay-smash mouth-aiden-afi-beetles-weezer-green day-and a lot of older rock like T-rex-nirvana-kiss etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:16 am
benjinoel
wow...we just don't agree do we? u say they're not original...i say the opposite. and yes the annoying ppl in the front of concerts that r screaming "OMG IT'S GERARD!" or "GERARD CAN I HAVE YOUR KIDS" etc r ******** annoying!!! but that's life...i guess...i just don't pay attention to them...and about the impact...blame mtv. what do you mean here? on the forum?? even if mcr didn't exist...i'd still be here...there r other bands that i like that's related and some that's not. i'm in the middle. i don't expect you to like these bands...your loss.
Bjork-coldplay-smash mouth-aiden-afi-beetles-weezer-green day-and a lot of older rock like T-rex-nirvana-kiss etc.

Well it just seems to me, who was brought up on rock and metal, that they really are doing what was done before. I wasn't nessacerily talking about you by the way, but for a lot of people MCR were the first entry into the world of emo despite not being emo, just as Nirvana were the first entry into grunge for a lot of people, despite not being grunge.

By the way, Bjork, Smash Mouth, Weezer and old Green Day.... and dude, don't list Nirvana as classic rock, it was only 15 years ago, Kiss and t-Rex were like 20-30 years ago.... the difference, I was alive at the height of Nirvana's fame.  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:25 pm
MCR just sucks
get it through your head
you want real anger
sepultura is real anger
black metal is anger
pantera is anger
your ignorance is making me angery  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:01 am
thats too angry for me. and maybe u suck.  

II Bernard II

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:18 am
benjinoel
thats too angry for me. and maybe u suck.

Wait... you want music that expresses anger.... but not too much anger?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:43 am
ok...i want ppl who r hurt and show a little anger here and there without being THAT angery. i think that's why i like aiden as well. they're angry then not...well at least with nightmere antomy...

this is what gerard thinks of Soviet Mudkipz...or he's really not happy with frankie...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

II Bernard II

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:02 pm
benjinoel
ok...i want ppl who r hurt and show a little anger here and there without being THAT angery. i think that's why i like aiden as well. they're angry then not...well at least with nightmere antomy...

this is what gerard thinks of Soviet Mudkipz...or he's really not happy with frankie...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Its more likely in that picture one of them slipped a finger up Gerards a** and he's screaming in pleasure.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:15 pm
haha. i wouldn't be suprised. mrgreen but if u look close you can see all the hands  

II Bernard II

Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces