Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Michie`s Flips Inc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:44 pm
CheesecakeTops
_xxchrissiexx_
i read on aol that it was a chinese guy. that freaks me out cause im chinese.

CORRECTION: He's Korean, from South Korea.

It's a very sad tragic. My school is having a candlelight lite in remembrance tonight...

But wasn`t there a Chinese involved? Something about getting arrested cause he talked about it in a newspaper..?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:54 pm
I feel sorry for those innocent people. I'm scared because my school is taking NO precautionary measures, and the layout makes it very easy for an outsider to go in. One time, someone went into my school and stole my teacher's laptop and money. My school is K-12, and there is ONE security guard and like 10 stairwells.  

xazn s o r m u i

xo_Lil.Chibi_ox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:28 pm
I must say that this was certainly a great shock when i heard it. Its also very sad and to say the least I'm sure that much of this was truly un called for.

Its ashame that some people don't consider the help they need sometimes because Cho (thats the guy) was always asked by his teachers to go seek help...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:26 pm
Jelai
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
*My random ranting*...

calm down! o_O;;
well...noooooooo. you will not be coucnelled/penalized/whatever, because you are not a complete loner and anti-social hermit kid like Cho.

realize that Cho NEVER uttered a single word during his time there at the university. And the only time he ever did was to his English teacher when they had to do this one-on-one tutor together, because the teacher was having a hard time making Cho speak up.

He wore sunglasses, a hat, and whispered to her the answers in less than 20 seconds when asked about some questions. Then he took pictures of her on his cell phone...o___O;;

Note that he didn't even bother to join the Korean club or even go to counceling, or to speak to any other student on campus for that matter.

He's like a social outcast, which I think is sad.
Outside he is just too quiet...but on the inside of his mind...maniacal works are going on, and something from his past is making him do those things.

Thus the metaphorical evidence on this play writings. Cho's dad must have probably molested him when he was younger, and Cho must have had a bad experience during high school with his abusive teacher.

Yes, I know those facts...
That Cho had been like...
A major anti-social >.<...
Thanks for clearing a bunch of junks up for me...
I guess you're right about what you said...

But what still makes me mad is what I said about people's look on Asians...
Yet again today I heard almost the exact words...
And even some others that just kind of offended me...
"Wow, I didn't know Asians are so crazy like that"...
X___x...
I guess it's just that I heard the wrong thing at the wrong time...
And I'm not saying that ALL people are thinking this way...
It's just the fact that some people are thinking this way...
I guess eventually it'll pass...

But enough of my ranting...
>.<...

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

Cloud On My Tongue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:24 pm
To me, it wasn't just an embarrassment to people of Asian descent, or even the U.S. To me, it was a tragedy for humanity. It shows that we, as human-beings are not immortal and we can die at any time.

I truly hope that what I said wasn't offensive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:40 pm
vi3tdorkness
Hopefully all quiet, supposedly "nerdy" Asians won't be singled out in schools.
ninja

This is kind of like the otakus in Japan, where they are outcasts in society and are the most looked down upon. Because all they do is stay home, be very addicted to anime, and even think that their anime 'girlfiend' is a real girlfriend. They probably still live with their parents. o___O;;  

Jelai

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:01 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
Jelai
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
*My random ranting*...

calm down! o_O;;
well...noooooooo. you will not be coucnelled/penalized/whatever, because you are not a complete loner and anti-social hermit kid like Cho.

realize that Cho NEVER uttered a single word during his time there at the university. And the only time he ever did was to his English teacher when they had to do this one-on-one tutor together, because the teacher was having a hard time making Cho speak up.

He wore sunglasses, a hat, and whispered to her the answers in less than 20 seconds when asked about some questions. Then he took pictures of her on his cell phone...o___O;;

Note that he didn't even bother to join the Korean club or even go to counceling, or to speak to any other student on campus for that matter.

Outside he is just too quiet...but on the inside of his mind...maniacal works are going on, and something from his past is making him do those things.

Thus the metaphorical evidence on this play writings. Cho's dad must have probably molested him when he was younger, and Cho must have had a bad experience during high school with his abusive teacher.

X___x...

>.<...
Anti-social is an understatement. They say he was really creepy. Just read the plays he wrote for his Creative Writing class. You can find them on the Internet now. They talk about killing people and molestation. His teacher was so concerned (and by concerned, she meant completely freaked out by what she read) that she decided to tutor him herself. He made everyone around him, including his teachers and classmates, so uncomfortable that he had to have private lessons.

Let's call the teacher that tutored him Teacher One. Her friend, another teacher, is called Teacher Two. When Teacher One tutored him, she had a secret word that she could say to Teacher Two so that Teacher Two could go and call the security officers if necessary.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sort of feel sorry for him. They say he kept to himself and he had no friends or people he could talk to. He always tried to be the first to answer the teacher's questions; other than that, he never talked in class.

I hope everyone has learned a lesson from all this. Troubled individuals exhibit certain behaviors that let others know they need help. We should reach out and help those people before it's too late.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:07 pm
King Henry
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
Jelai
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
*My random ranting*...

calm down! o_O;;

X___x...

>.<...
Anti-social is an understatement. They say he was really creepy. Just read the plays he wrote for his Creative Writing class. You can find them on the Internet now. They talk about killing people and molestation. His teacher was so concerned (and by concerned, she meant completely freaked out by what she read) that she decided to tutor him herself. He made everyone around him, including his teachers and classmates, so uncomfortable that he had to have private lessons.

Let's call the teacher that tutored him Teacher One. Her friend, another teacher, is called Teacher Two. When Teacher One tutored him, she had a secret word that she could say to Teacher Two so that Teacher Two could go and call the security officers if necessary.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sort of feel sorry for him. They say he kept to himself and he had no friends or people he could talk to. He always tried to be the first to answer the teacher's questions; other than that, he never talked in class.

I hope everyone has learned a lesson from all this. Troubled individuals exhibit certain behaviors that let others know they need help. We should reach out and help those people before it's too late.

I can't believe I'm saying it too, but I really do feel sympathy for what Cho has gone through.

I've updated my original post again and posted a link to Cho's video message. It makes me sad to see he went to things like this and had to take it all out the wrong way.

and his use of Christianity, I don't know if he's for or against it, but that kind of concerns me too because I'm a Christian, and I don't want to be bashed against people. I hate it when people are ignorant and say "see what God did!?" =/ I don't want to go into full explanation because I've already had enough religious debates and discussions in a week.

Asians are being blamed at, Christians are being blamed at, etc.

aye. it never ends.

Jelai

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:07 pm
Yeeah, now that I've gotten' even more into the whole thing...
He really does seem to be a bit...
Hardcore with the whole disturbed scene...
So I take back what I said the first time...
Heh sweatdrop ...

*Cough*I heard that there are videos of him speaking of junks...
Like twenty-something videos...
Has anyone seen them?...
*Tries not to sound all obsessed about this guy*...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:12 pm
UntilHellFreezesOver
To me, it wasn't just an embarrassment to people of Asian descent, or even the U.S. To me, it was a tragedy for humanity. It shows that we, as human-beings are not immortal and we can die at any time.

I truly hope that what I said wasn't offensive.
I was thinking about that. I had the same feelings after September 11th. The people who worked at the World Trade Center and the people who went to school/worked at VT didn't know they'd never see their family/friends again. Their surviving friends and family are probably thinking about the last time they saw them, laughed with them, told them they loved them.

Plus, what if one of the victims had a fight with a girlfriend/boyfriend? They might have died thinking their significant other was angry with them.

Life is uncertain. We might be here one second and gone the next. Cherish every moment you have on this earth. Never pass on an oppurtunity to tell someone you love them.

King Henry
Crew

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:16 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
Yeeah, now that I've gotten' even more into the whole thing...
He really does seem to be a bit...
Hardcore with the whole disturbed scene...
So I take back what I said the first time...
Heh sweatdrop ...

*Cough*I heard that there are videos of him speaking of junks...
Like twenty-something videos...
Has anyone seen them?...
*Tries not to sound all obsessed about this guy*...
It's normal to be interested in things like this. It's like when you drive by a car accident. You try not to look and you know you shouldn't, but you can't help it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:22 pm
Jelai
King Henry
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
Jelai
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
*My random ranting*...

calm down! o_O;;

X___x...

>.<...

I can't believe I'm saying it too, but I really do feel sympathy for what Cho has gone through.

I've updated my original post again and posted a link to Cho's video message. It makes me sad to see he went to things like this and had to take it all out the wrong way.

and his use of Christianity, I don't know if he's for or against it, but that kind of concerns me too because I'm a Christian, and I don't want to be bashed against people. I hate it when people are ignorant and say "see what God did!?" =/ I don't want to go into full explanation because I've already had enough religious debates and discussions in a week.

Asians are being blamed at, Christians are being blamed at, etc.

aye. it never ends.
At times like these, people try to point fingers at everyone. That is, everyone but themselves. They do it because they don't want to feel guilty about neglecting the Chos in their lives. Or, they do it because they try to understand this entire situation. They think that if they blame someone else, they have security and closure. If they blame someone else, they think that they understand the cause of it all and they can move on with their lives.  

King Henry
Crew

Mysterious Drifter

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Well, after several months of taking AP Psychology as a senior...

I'm beginning to understand that this shooter had personality and mental problems. In 2005, he was accused of stalking 2 girls and bothering another person. To me, I think he wanted to try and start something with another girl when his ex-girlfriend left him for another guy as the stories are told. Just from this small case, I believed he was suffering from mild depression, which is somewhat serious, compared to severe or clinical depression.

The second sign was that he was sent to see psychologists, psychiatrists, and counselors. Of course, I'm pretty sure IT DIDN'T WORK because he was probably forced or pushed to speak his mind; but he didn't want to. He wanted to express himself to people he felt comfortale, who were no-body. He was released because of good behavior.
Just based on this second scenario, it was stupid of the person who discharged him. Also, the psychologists did not work for him due to the fact that the doc probably kept on asking questions, using Sigmund Freud's theory of psychoanalysis. Instead, the doc should've used Carl Roger's theory: free association. Free association is a psychodynamic/psychoanalysis treatment in which the doc does not question at all.

I just feel bad that this man did not receive the right treatment.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 pm
...and now people are going to blame the psychologists!

OH JOY!
@___@;;

King Henry's right.

Mikemo: there's nothing weird about being interesed in a murderer's life. I'm very interested in this too, I mean, I've never heard this type of story when it comes to mass killers. The ones I've heard of usually speak their mind, while Cho was the oppposite. Very silent...so it makes you wonder and be intrigued and curious about what could have happened to him.

Here, you can read this: Getting Inside the Mind of a Killer

Jelai

Mysterious Drifter

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 am
Jelai
...and now people are going to blame the psychologists!

OH JOY!
@___@;;

King Henry's right.

Mikemo: there's nothing weird about being interesed in a murderer's life. I'm very interested in this too, I mean, I've never heard this type of story when it comes to mass killers. The ones I've heard of usually speak their mind, while Cho was the oppposite. Very silent...so it makes you wonder and be intrigued and curious about what could have happened to him.

Here, you can read this: Getting Inside the Mind of a Killer

If you read about the article, it specifically said that Cho Seung-Hui was sent to see psychologists..
Docs shouldn't base on good behavior... seriously~

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces