Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Why is HE seme?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like it when semes and ukes switch places?
  Yeah, I think it's hot.
  No! Seme is seme and uke is uke, and that's the way it should always be.
  I don't really care...
View Results

Amenazar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:45 pm
I know what you mean sometimes Semes are just Semes and Ukes are just ukes. But well, maybe I just think that way because thats the way the people I know are in their mannerisms. Like my neighbor, for instance, he reeks of 'uke' so I could never see him as the seme with his taller bigger than him boyfriend. But that's just me....though I don't see why the places can't be switched once in a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:00 pm
Though I don't really mind if a pair switch, I do tend to be particular of who the seme and uke should be in a relationship. For example Kouji and Takuya from Digimon Frontier are currently my favorite Yaoi pairing. Most prefer that Takuya be the Seme while Kouji is the Uke, but I consider more of Takuya as the Uke in the relationship and Kouji as the Seme. I think it's because of their personalities that I see them in those positions. Uke=hyper active, innocent, and loud/Seme=cold, cool, and quiet. Although these aren't always the cases for every couple, that's just have I've grown accustomed to seeing the relationship.  

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

edlover101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:01 pm
[ S p a r k l e ]
I have that problem with Ron Weasley.

WHY DOES EVERYONE MAKE HIM SEME???
;_;
He's such a uke in my mind, no matter what the pairing is.

I agree with you though that Tamaki doesnt seem much of a seme, but Tamaki/Kyouya///Kyouya/Tamaki is one of those pairings where I dont mind either way.

But I have a few characters to who just CAN NOT be seme in my mind no matter how hard I try to picture it.
Like Ron Weasley, Kaoru Hitachiin, and Duo Maxwell.
3nodding

I agree about ron  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:32 pm
I don't really mind if they switch, but if the uke is smaller it's more like "Time to face it, buddy. You'll always be uke!" lol

It's just very awkward to see someone who is always uke or smaller try to dominate ^_^;;

otakubaybay

marrrow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:40 pm
I have several characters like that. I have issues with the thought of Fai from Tsubasa being a seme, and the blond dude in my signature-- St. Germant ( heart )-- cannot be a seme. It's just... no. He freakin' screams uke.

But then there are the relationships where it could really go either way. Just depends on the characters' mannerisms, you know?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:32 am
otakubaybay
I don't really mind if they switch, but if the uke is smaller it's more like "Time to face it, buddy. You'll always be uke!" lol

It's just very awkward to see someone who is always uke or smaller try to dominate ^_^;;

Smaller people are more than capable of dominating - it all gets down to personality and self-confidence. Also unless the seme is going to try to rape the uke, the uke is always going to be 100% control when things start to get intimate. Especially when you consider that in a lot of stories, the seme is doing all the work and trying to please the uke... while the uke can just lay there and enjoy himself.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Lumicran_Minamoto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:46 pm
Heheh. xd

I don't think I really mind? If an uke can pull it off, I think I'd like it. A LOT.

However, with most things... Whenever an uke tries to top a seme, it never works out. sweatdrop

And about Ron? Haha- I can see him dominating SOME people... (although, in my mind, his personality would have to do a complete 180.

biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:30 am
Itsuki Yatakiji
Hasunuma [seme] and Mitsuo [uke], from eerie queerie...the author actually makes them fight over who's on top...Mitsuo's definetsly Uke!! Seriously! Even Hasunuma says 'I've never really seen myself as the female...' Male pride is at stake here, of course...

I agree on the Ron/Harry thing...Harry's definetly Seme with Ron, Uke with Draco...

And to the Elric fan...Alphonse is mine...no, jk, it's just that incest is nasty...anyway, I hate fanfics with Edward being seme with Roy...I mean, Roy practically screams 'i'm seme, dammit' with every fiber of his being...and being short and kawaii, Edward should be uke...it's the natural order of things...otherwise...it's just...unnatural...

i totally agree with you 3nodding  

N I N J A _C H E E S E

Shinsengumi_Neko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:16 pm
He's seme cause his taller and/or older :big  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:59 pm
asphyxiatemysoul
Have you ever seen fanworks of a certain pairing and thought, Why is that guy seme? It should be the other way around! Like Tamaki/Kyouya from Ouran, for example. Even though Tamaki is "Daddy" and Kyouya is "Mommy," I really don't think Tamaki should be seme. Kyouya's more controlled and Tamaki seems like such an uke to me, even when he's charming the ladies.
So let's discuss some pairings ya'll have seen that you think should be switched around. Or maybe you'd like to switch them just to see what would happen? Who knows, it could make for quite an amusing time. =P

yeah thats true if i had to slash the pairing i would so make Kyouya the seme  

protecterofelements

kina blaze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:21 am
i saw someone make dark form DNAngel a uke scream how wrong is that sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:49 pm
I dont have a specific paring to talk about but your right, some ukes need to be seme! The change of roles is nice and adds a nicer detail into the relationship, spices it up! X3  

Miami 1989

Vampire

Anni-Neko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:11 am
I really think switching the semes and ukes around makes it more interesting...XD
Sometimes it's my natural preference, and I don't like it the other way arounds (I know, it's pretty weird).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:55 pm
YuurixWolfram in Kyo Kara Maoh; I cannot see Yuuri as seme EVER. Not even with Wolfram.

I also have a real problem with GwenGun and Gunter ALWAYS being uke EVERY SINGLE TIME. I really see those two as interchangeable, and I have an obsession with Gunter seme.  

Komurin Your Face

KAORUisMINE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:37 am
switching makes it cute but some couples like HieixKurama just shouldn't switch. i could never see Kurama as seme the way i see Yoko Kurama as seme  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff