Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:05 pm
tecche
Oh God, I can see it now. You play back a tape and feathers start dancing around the room, and hedgehogs start turning into pin cushions....

Ahahaha! That I'd really love to see.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:48 pm
I want to have Aes Sedai powers, from the Wheel of Time books. But I also want to be able to fly. I've always wanted to fly. And as an Aes Sedai, you can use water, earth, fire, air, and something else..eehm..Spirit? (I'm reading the Dutch books and I don't know the fifth name)  

Annisea

Invisible Gekko

8,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300

~Dark_with_the_moon~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:38 pm
yah powers like an Aes Sedai would be great =)
and that last is spirit  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:20 am
Traditional magic may not be origional. But it seems the best. I, for one, prefer DnD style magic. Specifically arcane. Sure you have to either incant or make the right passes to start a spell, but its not that simple. You have to memorize the spells you use before every day. Not to mention - once you use a spell it gets erased from your memory and you have to re-read it and memorize it. And by drawing from the Weave you can use magic to do ANYTHING.

The basis of magic is just your understanding of the Weave and how you can manipulate it with certain passes, incantations and components. Every detail is important.

Oh, and it draws on your natural enery, much like working out for hours would.  

Ex Obscurum ut Incendia

Lady_Altheia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:31 pm
I want elemental magic and healing magic. Most of the fantasy characters I play have this type of magic. I was always fascinated with telekinesis. I am not one to learn spells. I like to move things and do things with my mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:02 pm
Annisea
I want to have Aes Sedai powers, from the Wheel of Time books. But I also want to be able to fly. I've always wanted to fly. And as an Aes Sedai, you can use water, earth, fire, air, and something else..eehm..Spirit? (I'm reading the Dutch books and I don't know the fifth name)

I'd like to be able to fly, as well. It'd be a neat power, especially if I could call it upon myself as I pleased. However, I'm not much of an elementalist. I like illusions and trickery.

Or, even better, I'd like to be one of those mysterious old guys who shows up with a wagonload of cheap junk, any bit of which turns out to be so magical it sends you off on a rollicking adventure in the realms of... eh... redface aheh heh. redface

I'll stick to levitation. And maybe a carpet bag with practically everything in it.  

Harbone

tecche

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:29 am
Harbone
Or, even better, I'd like to be one of those mysterious old guys who shows up with a wagonload of cheap junk, any bit of which turns out to be so magical it sends you off on a rollicking adventure in the realms of... eh... redface aheh heh. redface

I don't know, I think selling magical items to hapless, random people to send them on 'rollicking adventures' is a worthy occupation. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:23 pm
oh can I add teleportation. I would love to teleport. it would solve my transportation problems.  

Lady_Altheia

saxarat

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:50 pm
i made this up, but, book majjic. your spit could be like glue, and you could choke people wirh words.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:23 pm
A lot of the chaos magic styles in the RPG Unknown Armies are also pretty neat. It just barely merits a mention in this guild, I feel, because other people have mentioned RPGs and modern fantasy (Unknown Armies has a strong magical-realism feel.)

Chaos magic is kind of like wish-granting powers, only you have to do weird stuff to store the "paradox" or whatever inside you that lets you make wishes come true. And the wishes kind of have to reflect the weird stuff you did to get them. Like, say, if you wanted to be able to lift a car, you'd have to do something that made you feel really strong, like getting very drunk or very angry (and holding it in.)

That's the kinda thing I tend to like in my fantasy stories anyway, because there's always a price. I'd prefer not to have to pay it, or to find some way to make paying not only feasible, but easy (maybe even fun) but I can't buy anything that has real results that doesn't require real effort.  

Harbone

[.Moonflower.]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:55 am
Air sounds like a fun type of magic. You could control the winds, it sounds like you would be completely free...I love the sound of air magic. maybe you could fly! eek  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:25 pm
I prefer elemental magic. In my books I'm writing the magic is elemental, though since my main character are dragoons there is a specific dragon assigned to each one. (for example, Solarius=fire magic) They can use it without the dragons but it definately makes it more powerful. My final element for the main character (Virmar[High Lord] Seth Ianosian) is actually called dragon and allows him to use any element.  

VirmarIanosian

Harbone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:25 pm
saxarat
i made this up, but, book majjic. your spit could be like glue, and you could choke people wirh words.

I forgot to mention, that RPG I mentioned before? Unknown Armies? It has a neat type of book magic in it. You gain magical potential by collecting books and you can do weird things with information.

I don't think it's very good for attacks, but it's great for messing with minds. Your post reminded me of it!

Eh... I'll just go get that carpet bag with everything in it, shall I?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:03 pm
There so many types of magic out there is hard to say, but I think I would like to use fire.
Though the types of books I read from Juliet Marillier the magic comes from having faith and old folklore.  

dragontamer_flame

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Shiama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:19 pm
I owuld love to do a diffrent amount of things. First thing would be fun is to be able to fly, or control temperature because sometimes it just gets to damn hot! but it would also be fun to control of water and stuff.

Either way, if I had to pick something...I would want to be a Druid. I love animals. heart  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff