Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Making Friends Outside The Subculture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ametrin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Mmm well since this was brought back and I hadn't posted here yet ... My answer is definitely yes; I am a rather quiet person and I have just few friends and none of them is goth (though after I lend Siouxsie's music to my best friend from the uni she got to love it a lot too and she got almost as obsessed in the songs as me! biggrin ). I don't mind that, they don't seem to be any goths about my age in my city anyways; there are rather teenage mall goths. But I don't know, even if there were goths of around my age in my city, I wouldn't know how to approach them anyways because I'm too shy to start making friends with strangers... so I'm better sticking to the non goth friends I have and I know they like me the way I am.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:41 am
User Image
*shrug* None of my friends are goth. None of my friends are really subculturally inclined in any way at all. (there really aren't any goths around where i am, anyway.) I have, however, gotten quite a few of them hooked on the music. 3nodding
User Image

Vexworth

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:25 pm
Restricting myself to interactions only involving people that look like me always seemed incredibly stupid. Some of the best friends I've had are dreadfully "normal," while some of the worst are considered Gothic. By my senior year of high school, I had friends that were Kandy Kids, gutter punks, hippies, Goths, stoners, Juggaloes, metalheads, and everything in between. People are people, and shouldn't be judged by their clothing, but by who they really are.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 am
i don't have any friends who are goths. probably because all the 'goths' i know are into anime and techno and japanese music, which i am not.
but a few of my friends are into post-punk.
-shrug-
i don't care who i'm friends with, as long as they don't make me mad or are not tolerant of my interests.  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

Foxglow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:23 am
I'll make friends with anyone as long as they're nice. Out of 180 girls in my year at school there was only 2 of us into metal and I was more goth than she was.

Now I have one goth friend and several alternative friends, but like I say, as long as the person is cool, it doesn't really matter to me what they're into.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:40 am
I don't know about you guys, but being friends with non goth (that's all my friends, I might be the only goth in my college class) has a lot of downside.
Because as long as I don't show any goth signs they are so fine with me. but if anything goth accidentally show up (which happens a lot considering that I'm goth) they start making fun of me, so somehow I ended up with no real friends,  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

The Evil Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:20 am
I don't make friends based on how others dress. I make friends based on similiar interests.

That said, in my high school days, there weren't very many other people with interests similar to mine. I had two real friends, and they were both a grade ahead of me (they would have been two years ahead, but they both got held back due to accedemic issues). The rest were much younger kids (freshman or sophmores) that I played video games with during lunch hour with our Gameboys. I was, and still am, a rather unfeminine tomboy whose interests aren't very mainstream compared to other people, especially other girls, of the same age group.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff