Reply Life Issues & Fashion
CLEAN FACED GOTH!?!?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:57 am
As I'm still learning to apply make up, I don't wear it outside my bathroom except for some foundation, concealer and mascara.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:36 pm
I hate the "duty" of putting it on, because usually, as an amateur, I mess up. I also hate having to take it off, since I'm so tired when I get back from wherever I was previously. I only wear it when the day calls for it. =P

But, the answer to your question is yes, there are some "clean-faced" Goths out there. Make-up isn't everything.  

raicho_hachirobei

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:04 pm
Make up does not a goth make.

I never wear make up during the week. Never.

On the weekend if I'm going out and I feel like putting something on, sure. But most of the week, nah. No point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:39 pm
Who you are is in your heart, not in the chemicals you put on your face.  

Corpse_Bride_131

soviet soiree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:09 pm
I don't think I could live without eyeliner, but you don't need it to be goth.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Like I wear my eyeliner and sometimes shadow. I wear contacts so eyeliner is much easier for my not to worry about the shadow falling on my lense when it's in my eye. But most days I just go natural since I walk to school and I try to leave at the same time everyday. So most days I go natural.

But it doesn't matter if you wear it or not. It's all about what's comfortable.

I did learn one thing. The best thing to take off makeup is Vaseline and petrolium jelly.

NekoYasha09er

Abyssal Rain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm
Makeup doesn't make you goth
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:02 pm
Rain_Sings_Softly
Makeup doesn't make you goth
User Image

*Are often annoyed by that VF list. (Or, at least Ed is...)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-[Psychotic.Ninja]-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:01 pm
it's definately not the makeup. I see a lot of people, who aren't goth, walking around in heavy smokey eyes.

When mixed with gothic clothing it has a ery dark and alluring look, and adds tot he style, but it doesn't make it or break it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:42 pm
You can be clean-faced and still be goth.
I don't often wear makeup just for the fact that I can't be bothered, but I think I will now that I've gotten used to using it, am more comfortable around people in it, and have more time in the morning now to do such things, I will be wearing it most of the time if not every day.
My grade 8 teacher said that he thinks I look much better with eyeliner on.
Which was very flattering, as teachers aren't usually fond of that. ^-^  

SADERR

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:24 pm
make-up exists to accentuate what you already have, or make a statement to those around you....if you don't need it, don't use it.

myself, i've used stage make-up, off the rack products, and stuff I've acquired at various stores and seasons to achieve a look I wanted....

i've grown too old to totaly vamp out, and have relegated myself to just black Kohl eyeliners. It gets my point across without being too obvious.

(and for those with darker skintones, try a periwinkle or somewhere within the blue family toned lipstick...it looks hot, and gets you noticed. Avoid anything in the yellow family.....ugg! whoever thought that yellow would look good on brown must have been smoking crack when they designed the makeup for that.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:46 pm
Wearing dark make up does not make someone goth to put it very simply.  

Angel of the End

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:01 pm
spooky_sez
Make up does not a goth make.

Quite right.

Many goths have jobs that don't allow them to be full on goth all the time. Some people don't always have time for makeup either. I know I'm too lazy to bother really doing anything. I can barely remember to repaint my nails.

Honestly, makeup is, to me, for special occasions.

Goth culture is a broad spectrum. Make up is not mandatory.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:34 pm
Always clean faced... always been called goth (including some of my friends) by the chavs. I personally think goth is not about appearance... but more so a sort of code of conduct.

So yeah... weather yuo look like puff daddy or morticia from the adams family, personally to me it does not make you more or less goth.  

the_underworks

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:45 am
the_underworks
Always clean faced... always been called goth (including some of my friends) by the chavs. I personally think goth is not about appearance... but more so a sort of code of conduct.

So yeah... weather yuo look like puff daddy or morticia from the adams family, personally to me it does not make you more or less goth.
Are you a Puff Daddy fan?

The name "Puff Diddy" always reminded me of Puff the Magic Dragon.... confused

xd  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out