Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
The School Codes Are Rediculous. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Go-x-Fork-x-Yourself-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:29 pm
Surprisingly my school,even though we have to wear gay uniforms, hasnt gotten on to me about my hair or my skull necklaces and everything. But im waiting for it because then i can go to the office and talk to the princible about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Ugh. At least all you guys are lucky to even wear most of your own clothes.

This Friday will be a non-uniform day at my school. We haven't had one in two years. stare

I better bring shades with me because all the chavs out there will be parading in their white track suits and have tonnes of their fake plastic gold-covered jewelery and bright orange faces. Eugh. It ain't gonna be a pretty sight.

And of course, I'm going to get stares for wearing my Black Sabbath shirt.

-_-;

In my school, it's not a very strict code, i.e. we don't have to wear blazers, the girls don't HAVE to wear skirts, etc. However, our uniform consists of no hoodies, no tracksuits (which is why chavs are going to take advantage of this day), no fashion tops/bags (meaning anything like Nike, Adidas, or even tops with messages on them), no trainers (or sneakers or whatever you call 'em in America), and you have to wear a shirt with a collar to wear the Red, Black and Grey tie of imprisonment...oh, sorry, I mean education.

I have had several complaints from teachers, and have several occassions where the School Head Teacher has told me to take off my collar and wrist band. >_<;; they also get hardcore on my a** if I wear too much make-up, but I don't wear as much as the rest of the girls, and I have already told the cun-......Head Teacher....that if he wants me to wash off all my eye make up, then all the other girls should wipe their orange foundation right off and scrub all their fake tan away. He then dismissed me, of course, without a word. xD

But hell yeah! can't wait to whip out my old spike collar and wristband again! Even if it is for one measly school day! xD

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Bakurish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:41 pm
Nyed
i've been written up for :
~Distracting hair color
~distracting hair cut (both becuse My head was shaved and becuse my mohawk was "too long"
~Distracting and negative propaganda (it was a shirt that said "the revolution will not be televised")
~unsafe footware (boots, which were needed for stage crew)
~Unclean grooming habits ( my nails were too long (_)_()
~Refusing to take off sunglasses (there were my normal glasses, they have a bit of purple tint in them)
~ Clothing violations (my pants had rips in then, and i was wearing stockings underneath

school is to groom you to fall in with the herd so that you may become better cannon fodder for your goverment

whats new?

blaugh
Nyah ha, I love you!
My school wasn't as tight-a** as it's been this year.
Last year, we could wear whatever we wanted (within reason)
Have our hair cut/dyed anyway we wanted
The only thing we couldn't do was have electronics out during class;
Only at lunch, which I think I totally reasonable.

But ever since I started my Sophmore year, the entire school district made a lot of, how should I say, RETARDED changes. For example:

1. We aren't allowed to wear clothes dipicting weaponry, drug/alcohol use, etc.
2. I had a pair of tripp pants that had skulls on them, and they told me to change or get written up. Luckily, I brought along a pair of my PJ pants so it was okay.
3. My friend wore an outfit that consisted of a red jacket, a kneelength black skirt, fishnets and heeled boots. During the middle of first block, they made her change because her skirt "wasn't long enough", even thought they say skirts that length are allowed.

I could go on, but I don't wanna bore you guys.
<3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:45 pm
yeah now my bitchy principal said that there are no hooded sweatshirts allowed in school. the next day, we all wore sweat shirts  

The Reused

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Do you guys all go to private schools or are schools in other countries stricter than the ones in Canada?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:28 pm
shoe_trophy
Do you guys all go to private schools or are schools in other countries stricter than the ones in Canada?

the stricktness from the schools are differnt I went to a public school....  

Devils_lilboy

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:17 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

Oh, Yea, And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.

That is ******** up. mad  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:21 pm
i can't believe what some of you people have to put up with. that is just horrible.

it's like asking the question 'ever heard of free speech?' yeah i know it was censored but still.

honestly, the schools some of you talk about are just ridiculous. the worst thing i ever had was a prejudice teacher. i was wearing the usual black jeans and a red shirt with skulls on it. the teacher just started making fun of me like i had an iq of below zero. umm hello this is a place of learning i think you need to understand your malfunction. I dropped the class. he was too much of a bigot. i coudn't stand the guy. he wanted everyone to conform to his little world... i just can't stand people like that!  

willaj18

[[The Fallen Sheep]]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm
My violations are numerous but the ones that pissed me off the most were.
-Distracting hair color
-Unacceptable piercings (eyebrow)
-Showing tattoo

I mean it is not like I can erase my tat, s**t.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 pm
willaj18
i can't believe what some of you people have to put up with. that is just horrible.

it's like asking the question 'ever heard of free speech?' yeah i know it was censored but still.

honestly, the schools some of you talk about are just ridiculous. the worst thing i ever had was a prejudice teacher. i was wearing the usual black jeans and a red shirt with skulls on it. the teacher just started making fun of me like i had an iq of below zero. umm hello this is a place of learning i think you need to understand your malfunction. I dropped the class. he was too much of a bigot. i coudn't stand the guy. he wanted everyone to conform to his little world... i just can't stand people like that!

Teachers have tried doing that too me.
Especially my English teacher who was former head cheerleader of our school and married to the football coach.
But eventually I basically started making fun of her.
We are cool now.  

[[The Fallen Sheep]]

Scathach789

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:34 am
At my old school I was constantly being written up for showing up in skirts that were too short...sad thing is, the teachers didn't give a s**t, it was when the registrar or someone saw that I got in trouble. And one of my friends had a mohawk once: they forced him to shave it off. Who is scarier: a guy with a mohawk or a blue eyed skinhead? Show of hands?

School rules are f**ktarded.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:28 pm
At my school we can wear what we want except for certain things, here's the part of the dress code that I don't like.

ACCESSORIES
- Clothing, jewelry, and accessories shall not convey messages that are crude, vulgar/profane; violence/death-oriented (Gothic); gang related; sexually suggestive,promoting alchohol, drugs, or tobacco.
- Pierced jewelry shall be limited to the ear.
Jewelry or accessories that pose safety concern for the student or other are prohibited. Dog collars, tongue rings, wallet chains, large hair picks, chains that connect one part of a body to another are prohibited

>> what do you think of that and I copied that from the school planner  

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:51 am
Hmm... The school I'm going to now doesn't really have a dress code, but it's this organization I'm in that has a problem with how I dress.
I mostly dress lolita -- a pretty conservative style. And I get BITCHED at because my boots aren't 'appropriate', nor is my skirt - It's a KNEE-LENGTH SKIRT. How is that inappropriate?
But we're allowed to wear as much black as we want -- Jobie's can wear black, and we do quite a bit just to separate ourselves from the Rainbow Girls. *since they're not allowed to*
But they b***h about makeup - I don't WEAR that much makeup -- they made me take out my hairbows. HAIRBOWS. WTF?

But just for that, I wear my ripped fishnets I've 'repaired' and tell them I can't take them off because I forgot to shave my legs. XP

At my old school, I was still wearing clothes from middle school anyway. They didn't get onto me because I wore lame t-shirts and jeans every single day...

Although I DID get sent to the counselors office TWICE because I wore my jacket inside too much. Apparently, they thought I was trying to hide something, like suicide attempts or needlemarks or some s**t like that... I'm sorry. Some of your teachers keep their classrooms too damn cold.
And they called in my friend one day because she wore too much black.
Then every time, they always go into the "Are you happy? How is everything at home?"

The sad thing is, most of the people considered 'goth' by my school are usually doing nothing but messing around and making crude jokes.
They're not the ones getting stoned/drunk/pregnant, so the school really shouldn't keep focusing on them.

Who's promoting sex? The girl with the corset t-shirt or the girl with her boobs falling out of her top?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:11 pm
My school encourages preppiness and does anything, ANYTHING to keep us goths out or try to conform us to immitation preps. Cause of course I'd LOVE to be a slutty cheerleader who has no real friends, and all my 'friends' are backstabbers *eye roll*

I've gotten written up for:

Wearing chains
Wearing skulls
Wearing a spiked collar
Putting on distracting makeup ((see eyeliner thread on mainpage))
Wearing a shirt that promoted violence ((AKA my "Got Your Nose" shirt))
Wearing platform boots with too high of platforms that go too high on your legs
Wearing a headband (no head jewlry)
Destracting and potentially dangerous hairstyles (it's just chopsticks in a ponytail I wore one day 0.0))
Having too destracting of earrings
Bringing food ((I was hungry and had Jolly Ranchers in my tunk[purse]))
And destracting the learning proccess ((In other words, I contributed an idea that everyone hates: communism.))
And drawing in class (I was all done with my work and the teacher wasn't talking. I even got detentions for that)

I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply to outcasts stressed  

Particle Wad

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:51 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Oppinions?

try to get 'em fired.

i would.

either that or put a goose in their car. trust me, it's hilarious. twisted my teachers did that to my principal once...  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff