Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
If You Met P!ATD... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

animechibi2

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:44 pm
If i met them in the mall,i'd jump behind the nearest pillar or somthing,and against my friend will,i'd put my eyeliner ond,i usally do a little black dot on one side of my cheek,and a little lightning bolt on the other side,(the only reason my friends don't like it is because at school,i'm labled 'emo')then i'd jump out and 'Bump' into one of them,then be like "hi!" and my friends would be staring at me with the "Oh,my,frikken,god" look,then i'd take off one of my shoes and show it to them and say,"can you please sign them?" if they said say,i'be happy,then i'd go, "I know i just asked out to sign my shoes...but could i hug you?" and if they said yas i'd say "You guys are so nice,you know that?" then i'd hug them for like,5 minutes,and i'd hug ryan and brendon even longer,then my friends would be like "we're very sorry,she's really crazy,and..." and then they'd drag me away,and i'd be like "I HOPE YOU'RE WORKING ON YOUR ALBUM!"

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:02 pm
animechibi2
If i met them in the mall,i'd jump behind the nearest pillar or somthing,and against my friend will,i'd put my eyeliner ond,i usally do a little black dot on one side of my cheek,and a little lightning bolt on the other side,(the only reason my friends don't like it is because at school,i'm labled 'emo')then i'd jump out and 'Bump' into one of them,then be like "hi!" and my friends would be staring at me with the "Oh,my,frikken,god" look,then i'd take off one of my shoes and show it to them and say,"can you please sign them?" if they said say,i'be happy,then i'd go, "I know i just asked out to sign my shoes...but could i hug you?" and if they said yas i'd say "You guys are so nice,you know that?" then i'd hug them for like,5 minutes,and i'd hug ryan and brendon even longer,then my friends would be like "we're very sorry,she's really crazy,and..." and then they'd drag me away,and i'd be like "I HOPE YOU'RE WORKING ON YOUR ALBUM!"

Sounds like a good plan to me. lol  

tattoo fish

Peroxyde

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:23 pm
A friend of mine got an autograph from Brendon and shook Ryan's hand. It all happened very quickly because many fans were there. And then she cried from extreme fangirlism. xD <3

Two of my friends met them back when they were still a supporting band, before they got radio airplay. They hung around with them a bit.

I don't know what I'd say if I met them. I think I'd only talk to them after one of their shows (not if I met them on the street) and be like, "tonight was fun" or whatever. Or maybe I could be really creepy and tell Jon that I liked his little dance at the end of a certain TAI TV episode, haha.

Jon seems like someone I could easily talk too, but I'm not sure about the rest of the band. They seem nice but I'd be afraid to bother them, y'know?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:05 pm
animechibi2

I don't get the lightning bolt thing. o.o

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:12 pm
Peroxyde
A friend of mine got an autograph from Brendon and shook Ryan's hand. It all happened very quickly because many fans were there. And then she cried from extreme fangirlism. xD <3

Two of my friends met them back when they were still a supporting band, before they got radio airplay. They hung around with them a bit.

I don't know what I'd say if I met them. I think I'd only talk to them after one of their shows (not if I met them on the street) and be like, "tonight was fun" or whatever. Or maybe I could be really creepy and tell Jon that I liked his little dance at the end of a certain TAI TV episode, haha.

Jon seems like someone I could easily talk too, but I'm not sure about the rest of the band. They seem nice but I'd be afraid to bother them, y'know?

Oh my gosh. I'd probably cry too. crying Like, seriously. Meeting them would be my DREAM. They are my heroes.

That'd be sooo cool to hang out with them, even if it was for just a couple minutes.

I get what you mean. Like, Ryan especially. He's so...like..."proper." I wouldnt want him to think I'm a freak, even though he'd probably forget about me by the next day. xD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:36 pm
`PrimeRib

I get what you mean. Like, Ryan especially. He's so...like..."proper." I wouldnt want him to think I'm a freak, even though he'd probably forget about me by the next day. xD

Exactly! When my friend shook his hand he didn't even look at her, psh.

Peroxyde

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 pm
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib

gonk Hm.

Well, he was probably distracted or something. I mean, I'm sure there was probably hundreds of girls screaming all around him in every direction. o.o I wouldnt take it the wrong way if I was her.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:07 pm
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib

gonk Hm.

Well, he was probably distracted or something. I mean, I'm sure there was probably hundreds of girls screaming all around him in every direction. o.o I wouldnt take it the wrong way if I was her.

Oh, she didn't, at all. It's just that he seems to do it most of the time - he looks very disconnected from the fans and stuff. It's not necessarily a bad thing (and it's understandable, due to P!ATD's status now), it's just that I met some bands who were way friendlier and it's hard not to compare. Maybe that's just because of the type of fans, though. Bands grown distant when the fans get too crazy.

Peroxyde

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 pm
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib

gonk Hm.

Oh, she didn't, at all. It's just that he seems to do it most of the time - he looks very disconnected from the fans and stuff. It's not necessarily a bad thing (and it's understandable, due to P!ATD's status now), it's just that I met some bands who were way friendlier and it's hard not to compare. Maybe that's just because of the type of fans, though. Bands grown distant when the fans get too crazy.

Do you really think that? Hmm. I kind of also think it depends how much time you can spend with a fan. Like, if you're just walking down a barricade signing CDs and posters after a show, of course there isnt going to be much of a connection. But if you are actually signing and talking with just a few fans at a meet&greet session thing or something I'm sure that there would be more of a connection.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:59 am
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib

gonk Hm.

Do you really think that? Hmm. I kind of also think it depends how much time you can spend with a fan. Like, if you're just walking down a barricade signing CDs and posters after a show, of course there isnt going to be much of a connection. But if you are actually signing and talking with just a few fans at a meet&greet session thing or something I'm sure that there would be more of a connection.

Probably. Apparently the Montreal P!ATD fans are horrible, horrible fans. Totally crazy, and not in a good way. Rude and teenie-ish.

It's the same with bands like AFI or The Academy Is. I talked to Davey Havok online and to William Beckett on the phone, and they were both really friendly. But when you see them at the Meet&Greet (never been to one, just judging from videos and friends' word), it feels slightly awkward. I'm sure they love the attention and all, but sometimes I wonder if they wouldn't prefer a nice, casual chat over signing autographs. Now that these two bands got extremely popular, fangirls just rush to meet them after shows - or, well, their lead singer. I'd proably rush to meet them to, but without actually shouting something along the lines of "OMG I LOVE YOU!" among a mass of teenage girls.

I'm not too much into autographs, either. Maybe pictures, but that's it. The only musicians I'd ask for an autograph would be David Bowie and Brian Molko. Y'know, just to congratulate myself for getting near them in the first place, haha. I'm more of a handshake-type fan.

Peroxyde

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:49 am
You talked to William Beckett on the phone?! eek
Dude.
Wow.

That's awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:34 pm
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib

gonk Hm.

Probably. Apparently the Montreal P!ATD fans are horrible, horrible fans. Totally crazy, and not in a good way. Rude and teenie-ish.

It's the same with bands like AFI or The Academy Is. I talked to Davey Havok online and to William Beckett on the phone, and they were both really friendly. But when you see them at the Meet&Greet (never been to one, just judging from videos and friends' word), it feels slightly awkward. I'm sure they love the attention and all, but sometimes I wonder if they wouldn't prefer a nice, casual chat over signing autographs. Now that these two bands got extremely popular, fangirls just rush to meet them after shows - or, well, their lead singer. I'd proably rush to meet them to, but without actually shouting something along the lines of "OMG I LOVE YOU!" among a mass of teenage girls.

I'm not too much into autographs, either. Maybe pictures, but that's it. The only musicians I'd ask for an autograph would be David Bowie and Brian Molko. Y'know, just to congratulate myself for getting near them in the first place, haha. I'm more of a handshake-type fan.

Oh my gosh. What did you say to William? What did he say? How long was it? DETAILS.

I totally give them slack that it's awkward. I mean, these are normal people. If someone you don't even know just came up to you and started talking to you about how amazing you are, wouldnt that be slightly, in not completely, awkward?

I'm an autograph type of fan. I need proof to remind myself the next day that I actually met this dude. xD

PrimeRibby
Captain

Peroxyde

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:35 pm
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib
Peroxyde
`PrimeRib

gonk Hm.

Oh my gosh. What did you say to William? What did he say? How long was it? DETAILS.

I totally give them slack that it's awkward. I mean, these are normal people. If someone you don't even know just came up to you and started talking to you about how amazing you are, wouldnt that be slightly, in not completely, awkward?

I'm an autograph type of fan. I need proof to remind myself the next day that I actually met this dude. xD

Oh, it was incredible! I talked to Michael Guy first, but since he has this HUGE Australian accent and I have this HUGE French Canadian accent, he handed the phone to Bill, haha. xD; William was really sweet. We talked for 3-5 minutes.

It went a bit like this:

Michael: "Hi. Who's this?"
Me: "Catherine. I'm calling from Montreal. Who's this?"
Michael: "Michael. Montreal...that's in Canada, right?"
Me: "Yeah. You're supposed to come there on the tour."
Micheal: "Yeah. [says something]"
Me: [asks to reapeat twice]
Michael: "Wanna talk to William?"
Me: xD "Sure, if he doesn't mind."
Michael: "WILLIAM, PHONE."
William: "Hi, who's this?"
Me: "Catherine. I'm from Montreal."
William: "Montreal? Wow, that's cool. I'm William."
Me: "Hi William. I have a bad feeling my parents are gonna kill me because I made the biggest long-distance call I've ever made..."
William: "Oh, I'm sorry!"
Me: "Woah, that's not your fault. By the way, sorry for my horrible accent."
William: "Nah, you're very...coherent."
Me: "You guys are coming to Montreal later this month, right? I wish I could go."
William: "Oh, you can't??"
Me: "No, unfortunately."
William: "How come??"
Me: "My parents think two shows a month is enough."
William: "Aw, that sucks. What band are you seeing?"
Me: "Well I saw Placebo last Friday and I'm going to see My Chemical Romance."
William: "Oh I love Placebo! They're one of my favorite bands!"
Me: "Wow, me too! They're amazing live. You'd love them. But anyways...are you guys planning to come back later this year?"
William: "Well, actually...don't tell anyone because it's not confirmed yet, but we're doing an headlining tour in Fall."
Me: "Really?? That's awesome! I'll do my best to come."
William: "You have to. I hope to see you there."
The Butcher: "Get off the phone."
William: "Uh, I'm sorry... See, we're on a plane to LA right now, and we're about to leave so I'll have to hang up. It was nice talking to you. I'm really sorry. Call again."
Me: "Okay, I will."
William: "Really, you can call again anytime, alright? We'll talk again."
Me: "Yeah, thank you so much!"
William: "No problem. Bye!"
Me: "Bye!"
William: [hangs up]
Me: [remembers to breathe]

And that was my conversation with TAI, more or less, + a little more fanboyism from Becks over Placebo. William is very friendly and talkative. I'm kind of scared to talk to 'strangers' on the phone, but he made me feel really comfortable.

I did try to call again - but since I talked to him on the first day the phone was working, it was impossible to get the line again because the number was made even more public (I was line, the third or fourth person to call, and the only Canadian.) 320 calls later (I'm not even kidding), I gave up. xD;

I don't know, I think I'm addicted to William's voice. It's...special? He has an amazing voice when he sings, but it's really nice to hear when he talks, too. I had never heard him talk for such a long time before.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Wow!
That's so awesome!
How on earth did you get their numbers?
Or did I miss that part?

Los Miserables

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:33 am
Madame Le Guillotine
Wow!
That's so awesome!
How on earth did you get their numbers?