Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asians, math, and school Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

flip.renegade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:44 pm
*nods nods* it's ok I mean if you're trying the best what more can you do? Everyone has special talents that someone else doesn't have, some maybe book smart while another is amazing with playing an instrument or cooking. You're overcoming your obstacles and that's the only thing that matters right?

I'm trying to learn that too, though from a different perspective. In grade school I was really good at math then highschool came lol. My boyfriend (then rival) is so great at math (x.xhe's in calculous and we're 15 >.>) and i started getting so depressed because I didn't seem to amount to anything when it came to math, kind of like how you're comparing yourself to all the 'asian's' around you, but it all goes back to your strengths and weaknesses and you need to focus on yay positive at least I didn't get a D! kind of attitude. x.x sorry if i bored you x.x i'm not very helpful sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:48 pm
I don't like math, but I still make good grades in my classes x'D.

snow_reflection

linkin20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:34 pm
I KNOW IM ASIAN AND I SUK AT MATHS!!!

not all of us are good at calculating u know!!

most of us are just plain old average joes that want to be left alone and kept away from the classroom! rofl domokun heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:52 am
i'm terrible at math and school all together and i'm asian... makes me stupid because all my friends who are asians are good at it D:

so yea... ppl who think we're smart because we're asians... sum of us aren't that superasiansmart... (leik me)  

wiz_chan

Reichenbach Fall

Hilarious Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:38 pm
1- why asian are good at math is because asian parents push them alot on studying, tutoring and extracurricular activities based on math.

2- why math? They want you to be successful in the math and scoence area. tehy want you to be doctors, pharmacists, scientists and etc, believing those jobs make alot of money

3- constant torture of studies and math makes you good at it even though you don't try.

I, myself truly stink at math.

and i can care less sine my otehr subjects are above standards smile

still, my parents scream at me for getting an F in Geometry xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:44 pm
Jelai
What's up with Asians and math??
I really hate this stereotype that all Asians are good at math and are nerds and high achievers.

Because I'm the only Asian in my school stuck in a low-level Geometry class right now. gonk
All of my other Asian friends have either Algebra honors, Pre-calculus, Calulus AP, etc.

gonk

And most of them all have higher-level classes.
They have all Honors, and are going for the Honors diploma while I'm just going for the Advanced diploma...which is at least better than the standard diploma.

But sometimes I feel so left out because I only have 3 Honors classes right now. And there was never I time I've gotten straight A's. Sometimes I came so close, but never in my life did I get straight A's.

And this is the first time this year that I've ever gotten C's on my transcript. gonk

Do you sometimes feel left out (or not >>; ) when it comes to academics and your Asian peers?

Aww that's ok, I suck at math to. sweatdrop  

anisasierra

angelanna08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:49 pm
ya, i kno how u feel...i feel the same way. with the whole math thing, the same happened to me..  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:35 pm
Well, put it this way.

Okay, somehow asians are smarter than whites and blacks..

And most teachers are racist! ;_;

So... You shouldn't compare yourself to the people who are SMARTER than you.. But who is STUPIDER than you.

Nah, me ish just kidding.

Chocolate marshmallow gum

soumakisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:49 am
    × i hate maths.. never like it..

but when i moved over the Australia.. their standard of maths was lower.. lol.. and it was easy and i scored well, so i did like it at one stage..

the Australians encouraged the use of calculators.. which made it even more easier..

Asian teaching was more of mental calculations and thus trained the brain. lol..

ps: im not saying asians are smarter in maths..
    coz an example would be me.. im weak at that subject.. lol..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:46 pm
LMFAO im like above above average asian but i can nvr manage to get straight a's. that is so sad....  

m0nk33

Deojack

Puppy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:37 am
I hate math and math hates me

but numbers are a different matter wink  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:39 pm
geez ppl. i guess i'm an exception. hehe...7th grade, i made student of year. i'm not bragging or anything. its a fact.
but ya those who r sterotypical of azns r jacked up. we r not all smart. we r just average humans , some more than average, or less!! i kno sum azns who rn't that good @ skool but maybe sprts.  

Jezzy_Dez

Indob0i

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:53 pm
87%!! in math and a 4.0 last year }=)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:37 pm
You really need to chill. I'm Fhilippino yet I'm in Special ED classes. I really don't care now-a-days to get a great grade. Even though I keep on restricting myself to move up. But all-in-all no is perfect and you should not try to over do or you will get really stressed out in the long run.  

leoliger

KairiYukine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:52 pm
wiz_chan
i'm terrible at math and school all together and i'm asian... makes me stupid because all my friends who are asians are good at it D:

so yea... ppl who think we're smart because we're asians... sum of us aren't that superasiansmart... (leik me)

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Please do not revive thread that are 2 months or so. I'm sick of seeing people reviving thread like this. rolleyes

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces