Reply The Music Artists Guild
Any one here sing in School Choirs? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

enchantress of lightning

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:39 pm
I've always been in my school choir until this year because the teacher new less about how to conduct a choir than I do, so I switched out of the class. It made me really sad, but now I'm in American Musical Theater, which is really cool!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:19 pm
I'm a soprano. When all the planets are alined I can hit an F#(two octaves, and five and a half notes from middle C) but I can't go low for crap. The lowest I can go is a G(The G below middle C). That is sad. ^^'

I like being a Soprano but I LOVE Basses! They are awesome.  

YuzoraRyuu

YuzoraRyuu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:22 pm
enchantress of lightning
I've always been in my school choir until this year because the teacher new less about how to conduct a choir than I do, so I switched out of the class. It made me really sad, but now I'm in American Musical Theater, which is really cool!

I understand where you come from when you skip out of a choir, but it just... if you love something don't let the teacher take the passion out of it. Maybe if you show enough love for music they will rekindle their love for the art aswell. As far as conducting goes, it is harder than it looks, but yeah if they teach music, they should be able to read it and such.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:12 pm
lol I'm in jazz choir and IT AWESOME blaugh but some people (aka= serious faces)
get mad when I screw around and I'm pretty sure were like the rudest choir in are league.  

Airborne_scout

Ciara1095

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:32 pm
i have sang for my school and church chior since 2nd grade  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:19 pm
we refer to it as a chorus but yes i do sing in my school chorus.  

king of the apocolypse

xXHopless RomanceXx

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:12 am
I've doing choir since I was in 7th grade! Last year I was in Pop's Choir (a special after school audition choir) as well as the regular 9th grade choir. This year I'm in Varsity Choir.

I can do both Alto and Soprano, but I'm better at the Alto range.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 am
I play guitar in my school choir 3nodding  

Whatsername07

Friendly Explorer

6,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Guildmember 100

musiknerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:31 am
Choir is my LIFE!!! I have been in choir technically since 4th grade, because that is when it officially starts for our school (not counting general music classes which mainly sing). After I left elementary school, the directors sucked except for my 9th grade year. Then she retired and now we have a terrible choir teacher (terrible in both teaching and personality). I participate in choir for two reasons: to do the festivals (honors, district, regional, and all-state choruses). I reside in PA, and I am in the toughest district as well (to get in). The other reason I'm in choir is because I will be studying music ed next year at a CHOIR COLLEGE!!! They would be suspicious if I wasn't in choir. I also do the elite independent choir in the area, and we sing for big events like with the Pittsburgh Symphony and for the opening Pirates baseball game.

So, I take choir too seriously. Is there anyone else who does the festivals in their state (like for PA the organization is PMEA).  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 pm
I'm in two choirs, one is really good the other sucks a**, and i'm lucky if the other can hit their harmonies, and keep pitch.  

Airborne_scout

Tikiori

Jeering Phantom

11,050 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Streaker 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:46 pm
I would love to sing in a school chior. But my school is too cheap to have one. They cut it 2 years ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:25 pm
I sang soprano in my High School Choir for four years, and will be joining choir in college as a required course for a Music Major...and I LOVE it! There's just something about synching everything in...at that moment you know music speaks in ways words cannot. smile  

Miss Riisoku

jump2020206

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:01 pm
I've been in choirs, but at the school I'm going to doesn't have choirs and there aren't really any other choirs near where I am. I keep singing though! heart heart 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:45 pm
Woot ya I'm in quior and proud of it! Ya i have an exelent voice. I've had several solos.
WOOT QUIOR!! CHOIR!!  

beckyfallsdown676

beckyfallsdown676

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:49 pm
a singing is my life, but I dont really want to make a huge parigraph, so I guess U'll have to just manage with a short thing

CHOIR RULES!!!  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces