Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Who tend to be more emo: Seme's or Uke's? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:22 pm
depends on the story i guess but i find the seme more emo like  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:42 pm
Sora_Kamiya
When it comes to character development in shounen-ai and yaoi, the decision on which character will have the mysterious past or dipression-inducing condition includes but only two options: the Seme and the Uke. Which do you think ends up being the one who needs the cheering up, the seme or the uke? I think it usually tends to be the seme, because seme's are usually depicted as being hard-boiled and emotionally repressed.

most of the time, I believe it is the seme too, but sometimes there are stories with the uke being the more..well depressed I guess..because they might towrd the end that something like in the past bad happened to them where they can't open up to anyone anymore or something. And every now and then, also, as in loveless, both of them are sort of...depressed.  

yuki~chan3

Beloved Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • The Wolf Within 100

Kayami Naru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:08 pm
Personally I normally find uke's to me no emo because semes often think of themselves as stronger due to the fact that they are more dominate, so they think that they are too strong to give in and show their feelings like that. Then iagain, it really does depend on the story and the pairing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm
Who cares emo boys are cute.
...Oh wait that's not the point is it? X/

Meh, it varies, though seeing as it's anime or manga, there's generally bound to be some wishy washy character that tends to be a bit whiny.  

Pretty Pretty Priceless

-II-Starlight-II-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
-------------------------------------------------
I really don`t know Dx
It could be both.

-------------------------------------------------

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:12 pm
I prefer a weak little uke being emo and needing a supportive strong seme to help them. It makes them fragile and cute. I prefer seeing angsty seme's take it out in a more... aggressive, angry sort of way and not depressed and hopeless. Makes them more domineering and sexy.  

IIGRAYII

Kozi_22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:09 pm
None are emo!!! emo is a trend...and none that I have seen so far have characters that follow american trends! 4laugh now if you mean a dark past or more problems that is up to the creator!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:26 am
User ImageUser Image
Kamui, Yue, Fai, Sweet Revolution and, the king of all emo angst, Subaru...

yeah, uke's win.

SyriMoon

Broken Hearted Hiei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:31 pm
I agree on seme. I find it incredibly hard to find stories where the uke is the emo boy.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:34 am
Both.

And they should all be paired up ASAP.

Emo love makes me squee.  

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lxjitsumi

5,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 pm
i think both can be emo, it really depends on the story line to tell you the truth  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:07 am
seme, but that doesn't mean that the uke can't be either  

protecterofelements

raiti-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:25 pm
It's hard to say, but most of the time I see it with semes. The uke, it seems, would more likely to burst into tears and curl up in a ball being exteamly emotional. The semes, however, are more the cool unemotional type. The only way for them to let out their pain is through cutting themselves, thus the emoness. But, all things considered, it would really have to depend on the characters and story.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 pm
hmmmm.... that is a hard question. i'd say that they're equal, but if i was tied up to a chair and had to drink somehting to make me say the truth, i would have to say seme. most characters that i like that are semes are more emoish than the ukes.  

ItachiCutie10001

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces