Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Can the Church "Save" You From the Wickedness of Being Gay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:11 pm
We’re the regulators that de-regulate

Yes, he's a hypocrite. There's nothing wrong with you, so there's nothing to fix! You can't fix something that's not broken! I'm openly gay, and I can honestly say that no one's tried to Bible-ize me, but I plan on ignoring them if they try. WE'RE HERE AND WE'RE QUEER.

We’re the animators that de-animate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:16 am
~I think that the whole 'Ex-Gay' thing is stupid and damaging, but the problem is that most of those groups only consider homosexual behaviour to exist, right? So what they're doing is convincing people to suppress their desires and think they've 'fixed' them, when all they're doing is stopping the behaviour.

It is hypocritical of him to behave this way, particularly to people who were his friends, but it's quite likely that he really believes that he's 'fixed'. In some twisted way he does want to help you, it seems, and I feel sorry for him. The way he's behaving towards you is certainly not right and I don't think there's anything one could do about it, but it's terrible that they convinced him that this was true to begin with. Much of the fault lies with the group that he's joined, I think.  

Asteren

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:00 am
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Is it just me, or is the girl with the pink shirt in that anti-homosexuality propaganda comic totally a yaoi fangirl? gonk
Rulin' ya universes...

I know! I was like YEAHH you go girl! but then her stupid mom and brother were bitches and crap.
MORE CREDIT FOR PINK T-SHIRT GIRL.
...since 1992.
She freaked me out a little, honestly. A bit too hardcore. sweatdrop (Please do not fangirl-spaz over family members..)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:04 pm
Skizzors
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Is it just me, or is the girl with the pink shirt in that anti-homosexuality propaganda comic totally a yaoi fangirl? gonk
Rulin' ya universes...

I know! I was like YEAHH you go girl! but then her stupid mom and brother were bitches and crap.
MORE CREDIT FOR PINK T-SHIRT GIRL.
...since 1992.
She freaked me out a little, honestly. A bit too hardcore. sweatdrop (Please do not fangirl-spaz over family members..)
Rulin' ya universes...

xD She was a bit intense, but she was the only remotely sane person in that comic!
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:04 pm
D: I think the anti-gay brainwashing is damagining to the brain and crap. I swear I want to blow up those concentration camps they call places for improvement! It's the most hypocritical thing I've heard of.

They preach against prejudice yet they are. More prejudice than most. Most prejudice people are just ignorant. But noo. Grumbling isn't good enough for them! They have to stick the damn people in concentration camps! Ridicule them and tell them they're a sinner and all that bullshit!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 pm
-Ab[i]-
D: I think the anti-gay brainwashing is damagining to the brain and crap. I swear I want to blow up those concentration camps they call places for improvement! It's the most hypocritical thing I've heard of.

They preach against prejudice yet they are. More prejudice than most. Most prejudice people are just ignorant. But noo. Grumbling isn't good enough for them! They have to stick the damn people in concentration camps! Ridicule them and tell them they're a sinner and all that bullshit!

Hur. Isn't Sin what makes us human?  

User_2629207

tomoto90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:28 pm
no they cant you are who are and that is all you have to bee  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:09 pm
We can't be "cured" of our homosexuality because we don't need to be! Psychologists have debunked the idea of curing it. These programs led by churches to fix people are waste of time, money, and have no basis in science. Now, either your "friend" is in denial, or he was never Gay in the 1st place.  

Kuo51

Emperor Zaige

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 pm
You're friend is either...

1. An attention whore who is doing this for the drama

or

2. Deeply insecure.

I would assume the latter. Regardless, I would say that he is a coward and worthy of deepest distain. Your lesbian friend has every right to feel the way she does. I would too. I would just try to break the frienship off and avoid him. You can still be there for him if he comes around, but don't give him an oportunity to pull you into that sick world that he is involved with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:52 pm
haha, haha! As if, I've been going to church since the day I was born and I'm as inclined to boys as I've always been.

The Catholic church (I don't know about the Methodist church) doesn't really have a problem with people being gay, their beef is just that two dudes can't get married and produce babies (which is the point of marriage, as far as the church is concerned). So the problem isn't the gayness, it's the extramarital sex, you see ^.^

As for the poster's friend, I think he's just majorly insecure and has some psych problems, that's why he's being so inconsistent. He may level out eventually and come to his senses...or he may get worse, there's really no way to tell, but stick with what you feel is right and don't criticize him, he's probably suffering a lot of internal turmoil and accusations won't help.

Good luck with all this dramatic stuff. I try to stay out of it, makes life much simpler.
X3  

Tenkiba

kyoshiro elric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:34 pm
I don't think being homosexuals have anything to do with genetics. Understand that in this close-minded and scientology world, saying that "being homosexual is genetics" is their way or explaining homosexuality for themselves. So what guys have have both the male and female chromosomes, X and Y, if they want to go on with that theory, shouldn't every male be a hermophdite (sorry can't spell that word)? so that I do not believe that. Let me tell you something, I have gay friends both male and female but I am not gay, I once was starting to like this girl who was younger than me (I am a girl) because we felt the same way about things so I began to like her and it had nothing to do with genetics although that theory doesn't do anything for girls. ^^ I'm not very religious but why would God need to forgive people for being gay? No murder, no real sin is being committed. If God can't look down and smile at his gay children, then f* it, you don't need it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:28 pm
I'm a methodist and I'm bi. My church really doesn't care if you are gay. In fact, some one asked about it when I was having sex-ed classes (see, my mom wanted my church to tell me about this sort of thing before the schools got to me. Still better than any school class that they taught me). The topic about homosexuality came up. The teacher was like, "The same rules apply. As long as they get married beforehand, they are good. It is the same for all people."

It repeated with every single methodist church I went too. Then again, Methodists are really tolerant about everyone. What church did the guy went to?  

ffdarkangel

yongwonhi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 pm
This is an old topic..
But this is also an important post.

Though I doubt there are any haters in this yaoi guild,
it's still important for people to know about themselves and their religion.

In the bible, it states
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
(lev.18:22)"

but it also states
"The pig... is unclean for you. Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean for you.
(Lev. 11:7-8 )"
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ"
(Eph. 6:5)"

and some other stuff that I forget where to find,
but my point is this:

Millions of Christians today eat pig, play football, don't believe in slavery, have bank accounts (yes, the bible is against having bank accounts). The Bible is also against planting two crops in the same field. So are all football players, pork eaters, bank account owners, and farmers in America sinners?

The answer is yes, according to the bible.
But according to modern society, the answer is no.

This is because modern society has learned to "accept" these things because times have changed. But the same isn't viewed about homosexuality?

I am not against the Bible, because I believe it is genuinely the word of God. But because mankind has passed it down through generations, it has the flaws of mankind. Another point is that it has been translated through multiple languages.

The main problem with translating is that languages don't always have a word that's supposed to be used in that context, so what you interpret from reading the Bible could be COMPLETELY different than what is meant.

Religion has nothing to do with hating homosexuality. It is the individual. God is forgiving, people aren't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 pm
Pshhh. Unless a church somewhere can change the structure of your pheremones, I doubt that it can "cure" you. In 2005, results of a scientific study were released that proved that gay men and women react differently than heteros on a purely chemical level. It showed that a gay man or woman's hypothomalus (a portion of the brain that triggers the arousal process) reacts to other men or other women's phereomones. It's a purely natural and involuntary response. Furthermore, it was shown that gay men and women react better to other gay men and women than to straight men and women.

It just comes down to how you're wired. S'not a choice.

...SO THERE. neutral  

Kitsune-chi

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:19 am
Kitsune-chi
Pshhh. Unless a church somewhere can change the structure of your pheremones, I doubt that it can "cure" you. In 2005, results of a scientific study were released that proved that gay men and women react differently than heteros on a purely chemical level. It showed that a gay man or woman's hypothomalus (a portion of the brain that triggers the arousal process) reacts to other men or other women's phereomones. It's a purely natural and involuntary response. Furthermore, it was shown that gay men and women react better to other gay men and women than to straight men and women.

It just comes down to how you're wired. S'not a choice.

...SO THERE. neutral
Rulin' ya universes...

I smell intimidating lobotomy coming on gonk
Seriously, THEY WOULD DO THAT.
...since 1992.

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items