Kristen britain Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:02 pm
Oh yeah, I forgot I read the third book over the summer when it came ou tin paperback. It was better than the 2nd, in my opinion, but not as good as Green Rider. At least it didn't make me want to throw it across the room. It didn't seem to advance the plot much. It was kind of just a filler, I thought. The entire Zachary-Karigan subplot/whatever thing bugs me a little. I dunno why. And Alton hating Karigan for that forest thing is just dumb--isn't he a little more mature than that? I thought so, before it happened. Whatever. I'll get the fourth book in like three or whatever years when it comes out in regular paperback. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:01 pm
Same here I only got book 3 a few months ago.

I kind of liked how Karigan didn't get the king just because she saved the kingdom. It made it more realistic, but this angst thing they've got going is irritating. Alton's deal bugged me too. He knows it wasn't Karigan who tricked him, so why still blame her?  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:32 am
Yes, the fact that she's pushing the whole the-commoner-can't-marry-the-king thing is the only appealing thing about the entire situation. But the added drama is just stupid. And Mapstone findin gout an dbeing all, Oh no! Have to keep them separate! just adds more to it. Next thing, Estora will find out.

Alton seems to be slipping more and more out of the character he had in the first book. Part of it was explained by the mental damage/frustration/whatever that was caused by the encounter in the woods and him breaking the wall. It really only explains his bouts of anger and temper tantrums, really. The blaming of Karigan is just him being immature, in my opinion, which he never really was before that. Regression due to trauma? I dunno, I'm not a psychologist. But I wish she had remained more true to his character and not changed him just for kicks or to make him easier to write or whyever she did it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:35 am
Blackveil is slated to come out Feb 2011. I for one am not holding my breath for 2 reasons:

1) She is a slow writer and the date will probably be changed 2-3 more times before the book actually comes out.

2) Each book has been successively worst than the last.

I'll probably read it to see if she fixes Alton's character.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 pm
Book 4 (Blackveil) has a release date. February 1, 2011. Hardcover again. So I'll be waiting yet another year before I read it.

I really hope she's improved since the last book....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:04 pm
You and me both. Mayhaps the library will pick up a copy....

Maybe she has "fixed" Alton and gotten over this agnst thing she has for Karigan and the King. Here's to hoping!  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:39 pm
That would be amazing. I expcct not. She probably thinks it adds a new, awesome conflict into the story that bumps her up to a whole new level. I think it's just a ridiculous distraction from the rest of the plot.

I hope Alton is fixed. I liked him in the first book. ):  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 am
Blackveil is still not out in normal paperback. Still trade paperback.

Maybe I should re-read the first three. I can't remember most of them. I miss the brief time when it wasn't a series and it stopped at Green Rider, back when I loved all the characters and it was still shiny and happy and fun and not-ruined by weird s**t.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:52 pm
Well, I some how ended up with a copy of Blackveil. I honestly don't even remember buying it especially since it's not mass market paperback. I still haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Maybe this weekend....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 pm
Well, let me know if anything gets better, if you get around to it. XD  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:50 pm
Rumor has it there is another Rider book on the horizon. The far, far horizon....  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 pm
It's always the far, far horizon. I still haven't read Blackveil. Not sure if I want to.... Maybe if I re-read Green Rider I'll be motivated.

I can't even remember what happened in any of the other books anymore. It's all a blur of, "What the hell did I just read?"  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 pm
Same here, all I remember is that Alton turned into an idiot and Karrigan and the king are all angst-y. According to her website that's going to continue because she hasn't decided how that's gonna end and she "enjoys torturing her characters." Apparently, she enjoys torturing everyone else too stare

I keep telling myself I'll read Blackveil next but I just keep putting it aside. I wish I could get back into it. I remember how much I enjoyed Green Rider, I read the whole thing in a day.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:04 pm
I know, Green Rider was so good. Why couldn't she have just left it at that? gonk I read it so many times and I was so excited when the sequel came out... and then it was terrible. Such a bummer.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 pm
Well, Blackveil finally came out in normal paperback, which I didn't realize until I saw it on a shelf in the bookstore. XD So I bought it. Let's see how long it takes me to get around to reading it....  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff