Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
'Sorry it's not really hawt'. Rape in fanfiction. Not rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marjosa

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 am
Unless it's an EXTREMELY well-written fic, I can't read non-con. It's far too violent, dark, and sick for my tastes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:21 pm
MistressPaco
I like rape fanfiction personally, in reality I don't like it (real life rapes) but in fiction (as in, not real) I do enjoy a good dose of sadistic treads, including but not limited to rape/force/humiliation/ect. Tied up and beat, tortured, ect.

To each their own.

i would have to completly agree with you on this! i find that most of the rape stories, always/ most of the time end with a happy ending. rape is not happy, rape is sad, mortifying, terrifying, horrible. i like a story when they can take something, such as rape, and show it for what it really is, abbuse, not like "oh yuki it turns out i love u! its okay to rape me" thats so stupid. i mean not like i dislike the sexual scenes. just it isn't the same as seing it end in in shame, horror, self annxiety, pain, ect. then again thats just my oppion, cause i ussually like the happier stuff  

xo t a i

Friendly Poster

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:10 pm
I think the falling-in-love-with-your-rapist thing is unrealistic... Just, not possible, really. It's too traumatic. And too... just... not... ugh.

I've had almost a phobia of rape for a good while now. I don't think I could deal with it in fanfic... no thankies. Sadistic stuff I can deal with, as long as it's consensual. If it floats their boats, it's fine with me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:40 am
I think if your going to attempt to write a rape fiction, you should be a very experienced writer and look at it from all angles. Rape is a very sensitive subject for me (having a best friend who was raped). I think its important to talk about it, and even explore the darkest side of it.

BUT I will never be ok with people making light of it. I find often authors will use it as a way to just get the characters into bed. Thats just lazy writing first of all. Secondly if your going to write about a sensitive topic (rape and murder are often described as the two worst crimes) do it well. There is no point in offending people with a poorly written story.  

number the second

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:42 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
I think the falling-in-love-with-your-rapist thing is unrealistic... Just, not possible, really. It's too traumatic. And too... just... not... ugh.

I've had almost a phobia of rape for a good while now. I don't think I could deal with it in fanfic... no thankies. Sadistic stuff I can deal with, as long as it's consensual. If it floats their boats, it's fine with me.

Rape in fanfictions is only ok if it leads to a happy ending between the pairing 3nodding

The falling in love with your rapist thing does happen in a few yaois.
Like in the Silver Chaos game.One of the endings is where the rapist confesses his love to him in jail and then the hero of the story decides to rescue him,then happy endings between them ensue 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:01 pm
Like you don't read it now and then to get something off your chest or frustration?

Don't say you haven't because I'm sure you have. 4laugh Because I have, even though it's not my favourite genre.

It's the trend because it's what the people want now. Like how every story usually ends with "Omg i luv u 2" now.

But trust me, it only happens in fairy tales and stories.

Otherwise.

I don't know where we would be right now.

Shonen-ai is generally unrealistic hun. 4laugh  

Pandora Bracelet

Wealthy Fatcat

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Montesorri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:08 am
Yes, rape in reality is sickening,
its NOT enjoyable, its NOT fun, its horrible beyond words.

But in yaoi, it's used as a fantasy most women (and some men, including me) have about sex. It's suprising, blood-pumping and dirty (this meaning in a goood way wink )
I believe, my dear friend, your taking this faar too seriously, in the case of yaoi---something created for enjoyment.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:55 pm
I tolerate it as long as it's well written  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:26 pm
Only hot if it involves tentacles.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:32 pm
Shard Of Ronin
Only hot if it involves tentacles.

WOOOOOT biggrin
I SAY...THUMBS UP FOR TENTACLE PRONZ! >.<

User Image  

Enzai Sebby3

Montesorri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:30 pm
Ah~ tentacles....never really liked that jazz.... confused But to each their own~ ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:48 pm
Radiant-Kun
Ah~ tentacles....never really liked that jazz.... confused But to each their own~ ninja

Heh, true. How many guys do you meet that are jealous of those japanese schoolgirls? xd  

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Montesorri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:21 am
Shard Of Ronin
Radiant-Kun

Heh, true. How many guys do you meet that are jealous of those japanese schoolgirls? xd

*raises hand shyly* whee those girls get everything~ *pouts*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:03 pm
Radiant-Kun
Shard Of Ronin
Radiant-Kun

Or even better...yaoi tentacle rape O.o
Anyone whos ever played Silver Chaos will know what im talking about wink  

Enzai Sebby3

Montesorri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:52 pm
kittycatneko3
Radiant-Kun
Shard Of Ronin
Radiant-Kun

Or even better...yaoi tentacle rape O.o
Anyone whos ever played Silver Chaos will know what im talking about wink

oO); you people and your tentacles....i prefer good ol' chains~ *smirks*
XD your making me want to play this game. whee  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items