Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mr. Dark Stories Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:11 am
TeaDidikai
MoonJeli
The fluffy Otherkin are one Mr. Dark story after another.

To be blunt- I have yet to meet "Otherkin" that don't do this.

The stand alone assertion that "Oh Noze! I was shoved into the wrong body!" seems to be a core aspect of it.

I shall introduce you to my friend the dragon sometime. Very little drama around it, if any at all. I found out ages after getting to know her in a very casual manner. It rarely comes up. I've never seen her use it to get attention.

I'm not sure she has the "wrong body" mindset, either, come to think of it. I just know she considers herself a dragon.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:29 am
MoonJeli
This is also true of many Walk-Ins (anyone familiar with this, or the incarnate angel communities, etc.?) and a huge part of the New Age communities.
What the hell is a Walk-In? I tried to look it up and the only website I found was so incomprehensible I'm not convinced it was in English.

Henry Dorsett Case
User Image I'm sure some geek other than me will get this joke. I hope so; took me a while to find a good pic of that damn toaster to use.
Nice.  

TheDisreputableDog

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:21 pm
TheDisreputableDog
MoonJeli
This is also true of many Walk-Ins (anyone familiar with this, or the incarnate angel communities, etc.?) and a huge part of the New Age communities.
What the hell is a Walk-In? I tried to look it up and the only website I found was so incomprehensible I'm not convinced it was in English.

There are various interpretations. Though there's overlap with Otherkin (i.e. beings who are not human, beings using bodies that aren't their own) they probably wouldn't appreciate the comparison. They are also connected to the starseed and lightworker communities. Starseeds are people who have one parent who was an alien.

The most basic is a walk-in is a being who occupies a body that wasn't originally its own, like a spirit joins the current soul in the body or bumps the current soul out of the body, or the original soul of the body leaves (moves on, dies, whatever) and a new soul moves in. In some cases it could sort of be considered posession but believers would likely find that offensive, I don't know.

In the walk-in community, walk-ins are generally considered to be either aliens, beings from another dimension/plane, angels or more spiritually advanced beings who occupy human bodies in order to help the world transition or assist humans, or heal people, or something along those lines. They talk about soul exchanges and so on. Or, they may be a being that needs life experience, but not ALL of a life's experience, in order to grow.

You, too, could be a walk-in! wink Here's how you could find out!

http://www.walk-ins.com/articles/nelson.htm

You may be a walk-in if you changed your name, got a divorce, moved, or are spiritual-but-not-religious. *nods sagely*

http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/html/starseeds.html

You may be a starseed if you're lonely, feel like you don't belong, like stars, have issues with your parents, or are drawn to metaphysics.

(And it makes you SPECIAL.)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:54 am
MoonJeli

You may be a walk-in if you changed your name, got a divorce, moved, or are spiritual-but-not-religious. *nods sagely*

You may be a starseed if you're lonely, feel like you don't belong, like stars, have issues with your parents, or are drawn to metaphysics.

Help us all. gonk  

TheDisreputableDog

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:48 am
MoonJeli
TheDisreputableDog
MoonJeli

There are various interpretations. Though there's overlap with Otherkin (i.e. beings who are not human, beings using bodies that aren't their own) they probably wouldn't appreciate the comparison. They are also connected to the starseed and lightworker communities. Starseeds are people who have one parent who was an alien.

The most basic is a walk-in is a being who occupies a body that wasn't originally its own, like a spirit joins the current soul in the body or bumps the current soul out of the body, or the original soul of the body leaves (moves on, dies, whatever) and a new soul moves in. In some cases it could sort of be considered posession but believers would likely find that offensive, I don't know.

In the walk-in community, walk-ins are generally considered to be either aliens, beings from another dimension/plane, angels or more spiritually advanced beings who occupy human bodies in order to help the world transition or assist humans, or heal people, or something along those lines. They talk about soul exchanges and so on. Or, they may be a being that needs life experience, but not ALL of a life's experience, in order to grow.

I know a guy that has told people that they are extra terrestial princesses and that there are people who are trying to kidnap/kill them, unless they follow his guidelines. He doesnt like me too much for some odd reason.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:31 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20163713&page=1

Is this person a Mr. Dark? It starts out sanely enough. Heck, I got pulled into the principals office for using the word s**t, but then he/she starts talking about fighting nazi's and a psycho teacher.

I was jumped by neo nazis and even had several run ins with KKK members, but its not something to brag about, which is what it looks like said poster is doing.  

jaden kendam

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:47 am
deadmanjake

Is this person a Mr. Dark? It starts out sanely enough. Heck, I got pulled into the principals office for using the word s**t, but then he/she starts talking about fighting nazi's and a psycho teacher.

I was jumped by neo nazis and even had several run ins with KKK members, but its not something to brag about, which is what it looks like said poster is doing.
I wouldn't say "Mr. Dark" on that one - just a Questionable Cause mentality. If I were the principal, I would have given her (profile says female) the same punishment for popping off at the mouth like that - she's just proven she's already incapable of presenting her case in a clear manner and letting it stand, or rebutting faulty arguments in a logical way.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:53 am
Henry Dorsett Case
deadmanjake

I wouldn't say "Mr. Dark" on that one - just a Questionable Cause mentality. If I were the principal, I would have given her (profile says female) the same punishment for popping off at the mouth like that - she's just proven she's already incapable of presenting her case in a clear manner and letting it stand, or rebutting faulty arguments in a logical way.

I wouldn't say "Mr. Dark" either, just stupidity. She gets called in to the principals' office for using bad words, then says "Bullshit, Lady!" while defending herself? Oi.  

MoonJeli

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:16 pm
Thanks for bumping up this thread people; you sure answered my question on what a 'Mr. Dark' was! smile

I might know a couple people with such stories. One says he died battling a demon but was saved by his link to his girlfriend who has angelic qualities (in his opinon). The other considers himself chaotic evil with some mental abilities. Funny thing is the one who considers himself evil is a friend of mine and the other isn't. *shrug* I just don't see the evil. Chaotic, against the norm in a non-fad way, yes. Evil as in I should fear a metaphorical back stabing, no.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:00 am
Deoridhe

I shall introduce you to my friend the dragon sometime. Very little drama around it, if any at all. I found out ages after getting to know her in a very casual manner. It rarely comes up. I've never seen her use it to get attention.

I'm not sure she has the "wrong body" mindset, either, come to think of it. I just know she considers herself a dragon.
It would be interesting.

From what I have seen, "wrong body" is at the core of the common useage of the word.

I have no qualms with traits learned through spirit fostering. But the "I am X" when X =/= Human makes me twitch. Mostly because I know for a fact that they are wrong- in very much the same way I know for a fact when someone is faking an invocation.

That little trick I taught you is a real gem when it comes to dealing with Mr. Darks.  

TeaDidikai

Iosonos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:55 am
Storytime...

First one involves a member of a group I was in. He said he was part of a coven that was fighting against a shadow organization and their demon master, the Atrox. Basically the fighting took over 4 months, and ended with an even greater evil force taking its place. So they valiantly fought on, broken, disheartened, with one of them apparantly maddened and turned away from magic (not sure if gelded is a common term, basically it's not being able to do magic any longer for whatever reason). I think they're still fighting it.

Another one that unfortunately caught up my friend was what I like to call the "Seeker trilogy." Basically my friend's mentor is the Seeker, a being who is the leader of the Shadow path, or something that isn't quite Light or Dark. Anyways, he's here on this planet to find 7 others (I think), each one an elemental, and can be members of either Light or Dark side to fight in the eternal battle between the two sides, to try and bring peace and order to all of existence.

Nother guy is supposedly a werewolf, dragon, demon-ish hybrid that's fighting "insanity" and the abyss, for lest he give in he'll end the world.

Then there's the good ol' gang I ran into from Ohio, or something. Basically they're the reincarnations of Egyptian dieties, which are in fact angels of God. They also have some demonics in the group, reformed... sort of... Basically people all from the same town who created a league to hold back the menacing demon hordes. Oddest thing was that Heru's girlfriend, who was supposedly Bastet was actually a demon in disguise, and never accepted Bastet's soul, or something. So then he made his ex-girlfriend Bastet... I still don't fully understand how that works...

Then there's the good ol' 2012 mythoses... mytheese?, which I'm definately waiting for.

And again, thanks for the bump, I was wondering about the definition.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:26 am
Iosonos - TYVM, now my eyes are bleeding.

Guess it's payback for what I did to Rook and Celeblin elsethread...  

Henry Dorsett Case

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:49 am
Iosonos
(not sure if gelded is a common term, basically it's not being able to do magic any longer for whatever reason)
Over here we call it husked.

And those are the most ridiculous Mr. Darks I've ever heard of. Thanks. My life is a little less sane for knowing them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:27 am
This has to be a Mr.Dark.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20929781&page=1#1046022194  

jaden kendam

Iosonos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:49 pm
missmagpie
Iosonos
(not sure if gelded is a common term, basically it's not being able to do magic any longer for whatever reason)
Over here we call it husked.

And those are the most ridiculous Mr. Darks I've ever heard of. Thanks. My life is a little less sane for knowing them.

heh, yeah... I got worse confused  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces