Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Art that stopped you from reading manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:46 pm
Delcie
Any yaoi you stopped reading because you just couldn't take the art? Any that you can't try, even if other people tell you it's great, because the art is so off-putting? Story is so important, but there are some series I just can't bear to look at even when the story is great!

HECK YES! God, I swear if I don't like a SINGLE detail of the art, even where the little white dot in the eye is, I will refuse to read the manga!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:25 pm
I couldn't STAND the art in FLCL. I just wasn't able to tell what was going on. Even after I read the back to try to understand, it still didn't make any sence.  

Kuakuu

Stealth_Mode

Greedy Gekko

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:56 pm
I hate reading Scryed...I LOVED the anime, which got me started on the manga, but the art in the manga is so horrific t could make children cry. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:49 am
stuff like Boy Princess (i think that's what it's called) i cannot read because of the art. i just don't like the way (mainly) korean artists have to draw the lips like that... it's all dark on the bottom and... idk... any one know what i'm talking about?

CLAMP's stuff like tokyo babylon is beautiful, but sometimes difficult to read just because of the whole "my shoulders are so wide it looks like i have a small head" thing.

tis all about taste, but there are some mangas i can't read and some animes i can't watch just because of the art. crying  

nettamix

Syntetisk

IRL Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:27 am
Chibi_Oni_chan
Alot of manga have yet to be read by me because of the art style. And I can not, no matter how many times I pick it up, read Fake. I know the story plot must be good but I just can't do it. I prefer pretty bishies in yaoi not strong chinned muscle peoples. I just can't read it. Gomen Nasai to Fake fans.

I thought the exact same thing... I just don't like muscly guys, especially not in yaoi. It was a good plot though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:33 am
The one style of manga or anime art that gets to me is styles that look like they're 100 years old. An example of the art is "Please Save My Earth" (no offense to those who like it): The manga art is fine, but the way it's drawn in the anime...ugh xp .  

CaramelStripes111

thecentaurspromise

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:16 pm
Not even close yet. Art is art.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:06 pm
i could never read the yaoi manga called 'Yellow' cause the art. I mean, sure the art is great and all, but the two guys that DO pair up (and are the main pairing) are just to buff. I prefer guys that arent so, how should i say this, 'manly'.  

Yui D Flowright

irori

Eternal Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:32 am
I am a person that cant see or read if I dont like the art.. Ive had to drow several animes and mangas because I couldent stand the art.. sad
I dont like fake or our kingdom.. as examples..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:41 am
I used to have this problem alot. If an anime was made before...Let's say 2000, I couldn't watch it. But then I forced myself to since I was missing the classics. I still can't read a manga if I don't like the art though.

Like how I can't read FMA though I've seen every episode of the show and the movie.  

Gethyn

palindrome88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:47 am
I used to be picky about art, but now I'll always give a series a chance, even if the art isn't to my liking.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:56 pm
Anything made by Yaoi Press comes out looking like crap....  

Saku The New Moon

IceAngie

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:38 am
I don't like the art on Fake and Gravitation manga. I LOVE Gravitation anime, but I couldn't read the manga because of this. I will read it someday though, ANYHOW. At least one page a day, but I will.

Ice Angie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:17 pm
Chibi_Oni_chan
Alot of manga have yet to be read by me because of the art style. And I can not, no matter how many times I pick it up, read Fake. I know the story plot must be good but I just can't do it. I prefer pretty bishies in yaoi not strong chinned muscle peoples. I just can't read it. Gomen Nasai to Fake fans.

I agree. Fake does put me off.  

KasumiToramizu

dresslikeinuyasha

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:19 pm
my question: why do most yaoi mangas have bad character designs? the one's i've seen, the guys have either really triangular or pointy chins or really square ones.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff