Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
Is the Bible appropriate for children? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bible:
  Appropriate
  Inappropriate
View Results

Kaizzer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:00 am
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Seriously, what with all the rape, murder, violence, suicide, rebellion, incest, bestiality, use of drugs and alcohol, sexuality, and various other atrocities, the Bible is hardly appropriate for children to read.
Such knowledge of said subject matter, --has done what to children?

I don't know. Maybe you should ask the Christians who are trying to stop sexual education in our schools.
Cop-out...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 am
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Seriously, what with all the rape, murder, violence, suicide, rebellion, incest, bestiality, use of drugs and alcohol, sexuality, and various other atrocities, the Bible is hardly appropriate for children to read.

I don't know. Maybe you should ask the Christians who are trying to stop sexual education in our schools.
Cop-out...

hm.. i never knew Christians were trying to stop sexual education there. all i know is i came from a Christian school and nothing's going on with sexual education and/or it being stopped.  

OnoBoei

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:36 pm
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Cop-out...

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that term. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:44 pm
OnoBoei
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Cop-out...

hm.. i never knew Christians were trying to stop sexual education there. all i know is i came from a Christian school and nothing's going on with sexual education and/or it being stopped.

I'll get you started:
http://www.jewsonfirst.org/sex-ed.html
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/04/21/state_widens_teaching_of_abstinence/
http://www.all.org
http://www.eagleforum.org
http://www.family.org
http://www.heritage.org
http://www.hli.org

Have fun.  

Lethkhar

Kaizzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:53 am
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Cop-out...

Copout ^-^.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:21 am
*shakes head and just laughs*

Pastor Danielle

Heaven Edge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:53 am
sweetly~broken~by~Him
Lethkhar
sweetly~broken~by~Him
Lethkhar
sweetly~broken~by~Him

everyday children are introduced to different religions! through school, friends, the tv, even family It is the parents job to make sure that the kid understand that religion and the basics of the religion that they are questioning but also impress unpon them what their religion is!

Precisely. And that doesn't happen in a lot of cases.

then if you agree with me...waht are we debating about!

That's what I was wondering...

obviously this topic is dead!
You got that right cool  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:51 pm
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Cop-out...

Copout ^-^.

I'm not "copping out". I honestly have no idea what it does to children. That's what I'm asking you guys.  

Lethkhar

Kaizzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:34 pm
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Cop-out...

Copout ^-^.

I'm not "copping out". I honestly have no idea what it does to children. That's what I'm asking you guys.
Then, from what do you derive this: "the Bible is hardly appropriate for children to read."?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:35 pm
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Cop-out...

Copout ^-^.

Then, from what do you derive this: "the Bible is hardly appropriate for children to read."?

I'm offering a statement for you to argue or support. Haven't you ever evaluated a statement?  

Lethkhar

Kaizzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:24 pm
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Copout ^-^.

I'm offering a statement for you to argue or support. Haven't you ever evaluated a statement?
If that is your intent, the OP is very misleading... As well your answer to my question.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:04 pm
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

Copout ^-^.

If that is your intent, the OP is very misleading... As well your answer to my question.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  

Lethkhar

Kaizzer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:04 pm
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar
Kaizzer
Lethkhar

I'm sorry you feel that way.
Okay. This still does not explain why you did not distinguish your point.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:51 pm
Yes. In it's full version too. (Not that they'd be able to understand as well... lol) But Christianity is ALL about Love and Death! Death is violent and terrible!

You can't learn about God's Love without first learning about Death. It's like trying to write music without learning notes or chords (or at least rhythm).

AND the Bible is our GUIDE BOOK! It teaches us ALL we need to know about living the life Christ lived to the best of our vile, malicious abilities!  

SoonLovesEnough

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces