Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Ongoing Contest for Guild Home Page displays Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  if it's good!
View Results

Sharima

Magical Girl

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:34 pm
Roman Colossuem

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:44 pm
Badshahi Mosque - Lahore, Pakistan

User Image
User Image  

Sharima

Magical Girl

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

Sharima

Magical Girl

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:51 pm
Those are all the pictures that I have that I think are just absolutely stunning! i would love to go to the Badshahi Mosque as well as INSIDE the Taj Mahal....what about you guys? Did any of you read the story of the Taj Mahal??  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:34 am
May I present to you the Massachusetts General Hospital.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Massachusetts General Hospital (often abbreviated to "Mass General" or just "MGH") is a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School and biomedical research facility in Boston, Massachusetts. It is owned and operated by Partners HealthCare (which also owns Brigham and Women's Hospital and North Shore Medical Center). Also, it is part of the consortium of hospitals which operates Boston MedFlight.  

Gimonavid

miserable failure

Invisible Assailant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:47 am
Man's achievement, eh?

Language. Defined by Meriam Webster as " a systematic means of communicating ideas or feelings by the use of conventionalized signs, sounds, gestures, or marks having understood meanings," language is, without any doubt to me, humankind's greatest achievement. It's the primary foundation for civilization and for all other accomplishments of humanity. This includes the sort of buildings, monuments, and cities shown in photographs here, the art of writing, scientific discoveries, academic studies, and the general pursuit of knowledge.

At this point in evolutionary history, language is an instinctive human capability, though the vocabulary and specificites of grammar are determined by the environment and the individual's observations during neurological development. There are a plethora of hypotheses, but until recently with the rise of computer modeling and other advances in technology, they remained vague and prone to logical problems, including the suggestion that language rose from onomatopeia, spontaneous vocal reactions to stimuli, warnings of approaching threats, or the vocalization of hand and bodily gestures. The hypotheses remained as such largely due to the historical lack of empirical data.

However, empirical data on the neurology of language today is obtainable. There are many areas of the brain that are thought or known to play a role in the use of language, a large number of which are located in the temporal and parietal lobes, as shown in this diagram:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Surfacegyri.jpg
Different forms of aphasia (loss of lingusitc ability not caused by muscle paralysis) after sustaining brain damage show that Broca's area plays a significant role in the formation of grammar and syntax, while Wernicke's area is involved with comprehension, understanding, and vocabulary. in addition, separate studies show the importance of the angular gyrus in understanding figurative language.

No matter what the method by which it originally came about, language is the greatest human achievement. As spoken and written language rose, the intellectual level of group dynamics and interpersonal relations rose to a then unprecedented point. With communication could come collaboration for the construction of cities, law, a hierarchal social structure, as well as art, concepts, and ideas. And the rest is history.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:17 am
tnxs for inviting me in..its my pleasure!! razz  

gurl-stalker

Miss Virginia Anne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:16 pm
i think one of mans greatest achievements was the apollo 11, when man first landed on the moon.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Apollo 11 was the first manned mission to land on the Moon. It was the fifth human spaceflight of the Apollo program, and the third human voyage to the moon. Launched on July 16, 1969, it carried Commander Neil Armstrong, Command Module Pilot Michael Collins and Lunar Module Pilot Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin. On July 20, Armstrong and Aldrin became the first humans to land on the Moon, while Collins orbited above.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:50 am
User Imagemost of these are to inspire adventure and creativityUser Imagei chose this one on the account that it looks like she's looking off to the ocean waiting for someone it has a sence of lonelyness but pride in it tooUser Image i chose this one for the eyes due to the fact that i can see a touch of wild side in them and goin on voages you'll start to get a bit of wildness in itselfUser Imageyou can use all of these or pick one or the other it's all fine with me i'm jsut throwing out suggestions pirate  

Rakisha_Rainweaver

CimoreneTheRebel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:16 pm
Um I was just invited. What is this place...?  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Here's some interesting stuff that was on AOL a little bit ago:

"Rotating Skyscraper

The latest Dubai marvel-to-be is a proposed 68-story combination hotel, apartment and office tower where the floors would rotate 360 degrees.

Each story of the tower would be shaped like a doughnut and be attached to a center core housing elevators. Each floor would rotate independently and one single rotation would take around 90 minutes."
"'The World' Project

These 300 islands, positioned to form the shape of a world map, are currently being constructed 4 kilometers offshore from Dubai in Gulf waters. 'The World' is being built primarily using sand dredged from the sea.

Prices for the islands will range from $15 million to $45 million. The project is scheduled to be completed by next year."
"Hydropolis

Bringing new meaning to "ocean-view room," the Hydropolis hotel is the world's first underwater luxury resort. It will sit 66 feet below the surface of the Persian Gulf and feature 220 guest suites.

The Hydropolis is scheduled to open in late 2007, but has faced major delays due to cost issues and concerns over the project's impact on marine life. "

Winner! Trade to be sent shortly.  

bluecherry
Vice Captain

zodiac7

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:40 am
bluecherry

Here's some interesting stuff that was on AOL a little bit ago:

"Rotating Skyscraper

The latest Dubai marvel-to-be is a proposed 68-story combination hotel, apartment and office tower where the floors would rotate 360 degrees.

Each story of the tower would be shaped like a doughnut and be attached to a center core housing elevators. Each floor would rotate independently and one single rotation would take around 90 minutes."
"'The World' Project

These 300 islands, positioned to form the shape of a world map, are currently being constructed 4 kilometers offshore from Dubai in Gulf waters. 'The World' is being built primarily using sand dredged from the sea.

Prices for the islands will range from $15 million to $45 million. The project is scheduled to be completed by next year."
"Hydropolis

Bringing new meaning to "ocean-view room," the Hydropolis hotel is the world's first underwater luxury resort. It will sit 66 feet below the surface of the Persian Gulf and feature 220 guest suites.

The Hydropolis is scheduled to open in late 2007, but has faced major delays due to cost issues and concerns over the project's impact on marine life. "
woah...nice  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:12 pm
Hears one for you

Saraella

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Person of Interest 200

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:31 pm
zodiac7
woah...nice
It is pretty cool stuff, isn't it? I'd really like to see pictures of those things when they are completely done.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:16 pm
Hmmm... well, I've been to China and I think the Great Wall is just breathtaking. The estimated length is about 4,000 miles. It is said that the Great Wall is visible from the moon.

It sadly has also a horrible history to accompany it however. Many workers died to build this temendous wall to protect the people.

_l- f e r m a t a -l_

gridni

Powerhungry Misfit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:10 am
nice pics  
®

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items