Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy?
  Fluff Bunnies
  Serious Pagans
  Who Cares? Give Me Gold!
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:22 pm
Dema

*nods at what Tea said* I'm just not very good at wording things at times.
Might want to be careful about that. Accurate comminication is important.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:28 pm
TeaDidikai
Dema

But also something that has to be practiced. I still have lapses after all smile  

maenad nuri
Captain

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:26 am
TeaDidikai
Dema

Yeah I'm working on that, LOL  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:05 pm
Like many have said, I think that most teens, unless they are coming from an established pagan household and upbringing, have some degree of fluff to them. At the same time, it is because teens are still young and impressionable. This also applies to adults coming to paganism in many cases, teens are simply less experienced in the world as a general rule than adults tend to be.

Being new to something and wanting to learn is completely different from willfull ignorance and ignoring those that are obviously more well-versed in a given religion.  

EternalHearts

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:35 am
EternalHearts
Like many have said, I think that most teens, unless they are coming from an established pagan household and upbringing, have some degree of fluff to them.
I think that even coming from an established pagan family doesn't always protect you from fluff.

I mean- did anyone watch Wife Swap the other day?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:46 pm
TeaDidikai
I mean- did anyone watch Wife Swap the other day?
I caught the end of it. They all ran out to go hug trees, and the mother was talking about ritual and "The Goddess" neutral

I learned something fun a while ago: a lot of conifers growing in North America have shallow roots near their base, so if you go up too close to the tree you're essentially suffocating the poor thing.
So much for tree-hugging.  

Elizabeth Tarion

Bratling101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:45 pm
I once was Fluffy, and then I grew up.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:26 pm
*stands up from her chair* I'm SonarP, and I admit the fact that I'm a fluff bunny. ("Hiiii, P-chan!!")

Believe it or not, I actually read a copy of "Teen Witches" when I wasn't questioning my own faith. It just seemed really...how can I say it...I felt like I had cotton wedged in my throat. It seemed much too light to me. It was a good enough book on it's own...but I didn't like it. I couldn't like it. I feel ashamed in the fact that it's still in my room (I should burn it..). I'm not going to downplay the power of twins (or anything thereafter twins), because even in other fields, like psychology and medical affairs, there's a pretty close link to them on many levels.

One thing I'd like to point out is that, maybe everyone goes through a fluff bunny stage. Some grow out of it to do other things; all the more power to them...and some just.... gonk
One of the things I'm having trouble with is how to pick out the fluff when I know "virtually" nothing. I keep asking myself "How can I tell if this is good or not?" when reading books (right now, I'm reading Penzcak...and should be expecting attacks from a lot of people here..o.o..and my family.) And when fluff bunnies to repeat what they know to non-fluffies, not only are they in trouble, but not a lot of people come to help them out of their ignorance...which is why I started seeking out help here first, then began to look for communities in my area (By the way, Nuri..I found a store and some covens in my area. Oh, and thanks for inviting me, Deo-sama. I really appreciate it.) I had questions that didn't have a "section" on Gaia, and then Deo-sama came and admitted me(<---That's humor. I applied here.)
And when fellow fluffs meet...I bet they can't stand each other, and some come together in a giant cotton ball of fluff. It could vary.
A proposal to this, I would say, is to have a "rehab clinic" of sorts spread out across the globe, maybe at least five in a state county (something like that, in other places that may not have counties or stuff like that)....then again, maybe I'm just being too naive. sweatdrop  

SonarP

Greeneyed_falcon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:52 am
I didn't go through a fluffy stage (well my definition of fluffy), though obviously I wasn't born with an innate knowledge of everything. Everytime I go to study a new area, I have an hugely ignorant phase.
My definition of fluffy: Someone who is wrong, but refuses to be taught otherwise, or read anything that contradicts them. Or even just plain listen.

I have never read either of the two books listed at the start of the thread. I have often been tempted to buy one of Ravenwolf's books just to see if they are as bad a reported. Though the titles, blurbs, and three minutes flicking through them isn't encouraging.

Tea: It's easier to close a book than a person... Nicely said, I must remember that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:26 pm
I was never fluffly I went looking for the how blood, death and sex fit in a spiritual context I never believed in the world being sweetness and light, each light casts so many shadows. ( once a goth, always a goth )

I tend to be intolerant of those who will not see,
not those who can not.
There are the innocent and I would not rip that from them as it is a fleeting thing for many.
But those who have lost it and try to
delude themselves and recreate the universe around them as being
a place with out dangers or responsiblity do themselves a diserice and can be dangerous to others, let them be hoist by thier own petard but when they start draging other's down the primrose path they need some sense knocked into them.  

ShadowSharrow

Victorie Rose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:55 pm
I admit i was once a fluffy.. no shame in that (well not much) Im not anymore..... I try hard to keep it that way and not let others i meet become fluffies either... but it just seems that they have to get it out of their system before they growup and see what Wicca/paganism really is. I have heard some silly stuff coming from fluffies before... one i am trying to mentor won't eat meat because he thinks animals are on earth to experince life the same as we do... thats kinda a sweet way to look at it but animals don't... they eat each other.. Why shouldn't i eat them?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:06 am
Victorie Rose
I admit i was once a fluffy.. no shame in that (well not much) Im not anymore..... I try hard to keep it that way and not let others i meet become fluffies either... but it just seems that they have to get it out of their system before they growup and see what Wicca/paganism really is. I have heard some silly stuff coming from fluffies before... one i am trying to mentor won't eat meat because he thinks animals are on earth to experince life the same as we do... thats kinda a sweet way to look at it but animals don't... they eat each other.. Why shouldn't i eat them?
Reminds me of the PETA-phile who spoke out against commercial dog food because it might contain rendered bonemeal from dogs. His argument was that it would be "turning our dogs into cannibals". Guess he never read Call of the Wild...

Then again, the fluffiest "animal" argument I ever heard was about the "Animal Holocaust". Not the people who liken chickens in cage farms to Jews in Auschwitz-Birkenau, but the claim that predator species will eventually have to be wiped off the face of the planet in order to protect the prey species from harm. If not the author, one of his supporters had a lot of "Goddess" references to go along with the idea that predators are a manifestation of an evil force.  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:32 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Victorie Rose
Reminds me of the PETA-phile who spoke out against commercial dog food because it might contain rendered bonemeal from dogs. His argument was that it would be "turning our dogs into cannibals". Guess he never read Call of the Wild...

Then again, the fluffiest "animal" argument I ever heard was about the "Animal Holocaust". Not the people who liken chickens in cage farms to Jews in Auschwitz-Birkenau, but the claim that predator species will eventually have to be wiped off the face of the planet in order to protect the prey species from harm. If not the author, one of his supporters had a lot of "Goddess" references to go along with the idea that predators are a manifestation of an evil force.

So, what would he think about that theory that everything is a predator to something, even its is just plants? Would he be willing to kill every single ant on the planet? Or what about the house cat that kills mice? It is these types of questions that I just want to ask, but never remember to.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:43 pm
I picked up Vivianne Crowley's Earth Traditions book the other day at a church fair. In her section on Wicca she lists some of the authors who helped to shape Wicca over the last 50 or so years..
Original Authors: Gerald Gardner, Alex and Maxine Sanders, Lady Sheba, Pat and Arnold Crowther, Doreen Valiente.
Next "Generation" (for want of a better word); Janet and Stewert Farrar, Marian Green, Starhawk, Scott Cunningham
Most Recent: Silver Ravenwolf, Raven Grimassi, Phyillis Currott

Does anyone else see a worrying trend there?

Greeneyed_falcon

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:26 pm
Marion Green is not wiccan but her book a witch alone is very good.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff