Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Off- Topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:12 am
hanyou-kagome
Right, I'm buying the plane tickets right now...will you meet me at the airport? xp

You're killing me here! I'm stuck in the bloody states until after uni most likely. And then I've got to wait until I have the funds! I'm serious when I say I'm moving there--that is assuming I ever get the money to!
Wait.. Your in Uni? Gasp! I'm still in darned highschool!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:00 am
Lunar_Blade
hanyou-kagome
Right, I'm buying the plane tickets right now...will you meet me at the airport? xp

You're killing me here! I'm stuck in the bloody states until after uni most likely. And then I've got to wait until I have the funds! I'm serious when I say I'm moving there--that is assuming I ever get the money to!
Wait.. Your in Uni? Gasp! I'm still in darned highschool!

no no no! I wish! I'm still in darned highschool as well. but after I'm done with highschool my parents are forcing me to go into uni (not like I mind much) and the stupid tuition program they have me on limits me on where I can go (I think I basically have to stay in state)

and as for your previous post...YAY! Tie me Kangaroo down! ...crap...I used to know the rest  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:37 am
Hoy! Don't be mad at me because I don't know what a salmonella carring rat looks like! XP And I know what a damn Peacock is. I don't like them much though. Big obnoxious birds.

Actually, the only thinks I haven't heard of before were the Quokka and the Kookaburra.

But thank you Lunar for educating me. ^.^ You big smart Aussie you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:59 pm
Graphiti Skies
Hoy! Don't be mad at me because I don't know what a salmonella carring rat looks like! XP And I know what a damn Peacock is. I don't like them much though. Big obnoxious birds.

Actually, the only thinks I haven't heard of before were the Quokka and the Kookaburra.

You've never heard of a Kookaburra before? neutral I thought everybody knew about those...haven't you heard the kookaburra song before?  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:31 pm
hanyou-kagome
Graphiti Skies

You've never heard of a Kookaburra before? neutral I thought everybody knew about those...haven't you heard the kookaburra song before?

X__X No.. I live in the Northern part of the states. We're a bit stupid up here which is why I try to learn as much as I can. ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:14 pm
Graphiti Skies

Aww dude I'm not mad at you, i am just joking around.

By the way, i am risking my health going onto this computer because i am uberly sick...my eyes are half closed.

Lunar_Blade

shorro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:34 pm
Wow all the Australia talk. eek

I've always wanted to go there. Ever since I was five years old and found out what a koala was and where they come from. heart

When I was in high school, I almost went to England through the Student Ambassador program. But we couldn't come up with the money. crying

But through my university(provided that I don't flunk out and they refuse to let me back in), I can go to a bunch of different countries through the foreign exchange programs. Australia, England(you can stay in the castle they filmed Harry Potter in), Japan...

Maybe some day I'll get to go to Australia. It's THE main place I'd want to go if I ever left the USA. But right now I need to save money for my new apartment and college.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:49 pm
Graphiti Skies
hanyou-kagome
Graphiti Skies

X__X No.. I live in the Northern part of the states. We're a bit stupid up here which is why I try to learn as much as I can. ^.^

ok, you can't use that excuse because I come from up north (but now I'm down south! yeehaw! Texas!) and I learned what a kookaburra was up there...and really, I hate saying it, but the north is slightly smarter then the south...of course, it could just be that we care less...

Lunar_Blade Get better!

And honestly, I'd much prefer to live in Australia than the U.S. I mean, if you think about it, both countries started out the same and had really the same dream, but Australia got closer to achieving it, they did a much better job going about it then the U.S. (of course, realize that the U.S. though "the most powerful country" right now does not have very smart leaders. As the Guide says, those who want to rule cannot rule, but those who don't want to rule are those that are best suited for the job)  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

shorro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:13 pm
I live in the Midwest and I knew about the kookabura song too. great. now I've got the song stuck in my head. sweatdrop

hanyou-kagome
I mean, if you think about it, both countries started out the same and had really the same dream, but Australia got closer to achieving it, they did a much better job going about it then the U.S. (of course, realize that the U.S. though "the most powerful country" right now does not have very smart leaders. As the Guide says, those who want to rule cannot rule, but those who don't want to rule are those that are best suited for the job)

Maybe I'm missing something, but... Started out the same? Had the same dream? Closer to achieving what exactly?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:41 pm
Well Australia is kind of ruled by the English remember, queen Elizebeth is on our coins. I am not sure about America though. I think that the fact the such a large quantity of land trying to be ruled by one man, let alone by George Bush! no other help from a helper country like England is to us.

I dunno... I just wanna post something because i am sick still and only get like 15 minutes a day when im sick

Koalas are cute... my mum got to hug one/color]

Lunar_Blade

shorro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:13 pm
Okay, so the USA and Australia started out as British colonies. Was Australia really where they sent prisoners and other criminals?

But I'm still confused as to what Hanyou was saying by achieving. USA gained its independence from the British. Became a world power even. Yeah, we're practically a divided nation but. meh.

What did Australia achieve and/or is trying to? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just honestly don't know.

I always seem to come across as the ignorant American when it comes to worldly issues. My school system doesn't teach much about countries other than the USA. The most I learned was a general World History from 3000BC-WWII in an 18 week course three years ago. And it mainly focused on European and ancient Aztec/Maya/etc events. We didn't speak of Australia at all. sweatdrop gonk

And I'm serious when I say I know nothing about Australia. My knowledge of that country consists of... Well. It has koalas, kangaroos, platypuses, dingos, the outback, a really neat looking opera house, the great barrier reef off the eastern coast, and Steve Irwin. I'm an embarassment, I know. And I apologize. That's why I ask so many questions when I meet people from other countries. Just tell me to shut up if I get annoying. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:03 pm
I can't give actual proper dates but long ago, yes, Australia was a country where Britain sent its' convicts and prisoners.

I am not sure about America's History... All I know is there are some Navajo (or something) Indians, them nicking white people and Macdonalds, and Apparently George Bush does a crappy job... I dunno.

(humour down here)
But Australia did go through A LOT. At the begginning the settlers anded on the coast, unpacked out s**t and said. "Now what ******** are we going to do? Lets eat our food and drink the wine and do something with all the useless junk we brought along here. They were promised a pretty land of beauty and got a weird beach with freaky people, spiky plants, harsh earth, wind, sand dunes blowing in their faces.

They tried growing food, but there was something shitty in the soil so yeah, a lot of the peopole died (hehe the rich bastards apparently died first because they weren't used to the lifestyle) and yeah so on. They got diseases and whatnot and they got pissed at the boat driver person thing and so on.

THey found Aboriginals and the whites were like "What the hell... There's people! but they have been playing in mud! *gasp in their snobby way*
The aboriginals were like "*gasp* its a ghost, look how white they are"

I dunno how this helped I just thought this was funny. No offense to aboriginals by the way cos it wasn't meant to be a offensing thing

otehr things we have to deal with so far:
Crappy Weather.
Drought
Wind,
HOT summer
Errr....Americans annoying us, *cough Bush cough* (just joking man just joking!)
Annnndd....Yeah Howard as our prime minister... Our greatest fault of them all. LMAO

what a waste of 15minutes....

Lunar_Blade

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:55 pm
Okay, I'm lost. I totally missed everything. I have no idea what's going on.

I tried a Yorkie candy bar. They sell them at the World Market in the mall area around my house. They're so good, better than American chocolates, for sure. xd However, I hated that crap, Violet Crumble, or whatever. Ugh.

Anyways...................... Ah, damn, forgot what I was going to say.

Lunar, tell me more about this "Howard" you speak of. eek -very sheltered American- I hate Bush, but that's because he's a ******** lunatic. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:09 pm
I'm sorry, but Howard and Bush are major set backs to both countries. What a bunch of mistakes they are.

Though, I personally think Bush was the lesser evil last election when it was between him and Kerry...and when you think about it that way, thank God it's him and not Kerry.

Anyway, my "Dream" thing is, Australia though part of the British Commonwealth has pretty much all of the same "freedoms" and "rights" as America, but from what I've seen, they do a much better job going about them. So Aussies enjoy their freedom, and all of that other stuff better then we do while still being under the British rule.

Go figure right?

But yeah, with America, we're just one huge melting pot (as most American children will remember from school) we've got just about every body living in our borders--and that's our problem. We don't/didn't put up our hands and say "no" when we should/should've. It's like a mixing pot, you poor a bunch of ingredients in, and most of it will mix just fine, but some of it is like oil and water, completely separate and unable to really mix easily.

Our separation of church and state isn't really separation of church and state. I mean look at Bush right now. He's against gay marriages and abortions because of his God. He (and most other politicians) don't think of the people's freedom of religion (or lack there of) when making a lot of choices. (just to throw this in here real quick: no offense to Christians or any body against gay marriages [in this guild?!?!] or abortions).

So currently we have women fighting for their rights (it's their body, it's their right to get an abortion, so friggen pissed that O'Connar is resigning, she was the swaying vote for abortions) again. And homosexuals across the country have to fight for their rights--bad enough that for the most part they're still fighting for complete acceptance in many places.

While I was in Australia, I watched the news once after the game between NSW and QLD (erm...don't ask me which form, I was half asleep) and beside the results of the game I saw stuff about our war and a bit on Howard (our wonderful guide Mel from Victoria was growling at him, which was kind of funny to watch). I didn't see anybody having to fight for equal rights--which was kind of nice.

I don't know...don't listen to me guys...I'm weird.

Speaking of droughts Lunar, how are you guys doing right now? I remember when I was in Sydney they had enough water for about 2 weeks before they would have to flip over to their reserves. I know you're in Perth, so how is everything?

(Yeah, you really can't get much of any media out of the states while you're in them...otherwise I'd be as up to date as possible)  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:28 pm
That's one of the setbacks to Australia. crying The weather. I love heat, but I really love water in heat, you see? sweatdrop :sigh: I'm wondering if I really should move there... Or maybe England? Either way, Australians are cool and, from what I understand, their coolness excludes Howard.  
Off Topic Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff