Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Slapdash phrases and Assumptions in the Pagan Scene Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:11 pm
Wanna know something that pisses me off? Pagans who believe that charity begins with them. So give them money.

Nuri, who just spent the evening at the homeless shelter.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:44 pm
Nuri
Wanna know something that pisses me off? Pagans who believe that charity begins with them. So give them money.

Nuri, who just spent the evening at the homeless shelter.

You know, that one guy that I know who got kicked out of Starwood would always eat all the food and drinks, and he never helped out, eventhough his parents gave him a huge allowance. What the hell is up with that?  

jaden kendam

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:26 pm
TeaDidikai
phoenix shadowwolf
[Kudzu]
There are even Pagans who hunt deer and ducks with guns! *mock shock*
the opposite always pisses me off.
666.5 Love.
*points to self* ignorant. seen that pointed out time and time again, but i'm still quite, well, naive about that... redface

<---is a bad Gaian for not knowing that, i know.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:14 pm
Nuri
Now on the otherhand- this one doesn't piss me off as much as others. For a start- the local Salvation Army for decades has denied aid to homosexuals and open pagans.

Also- I tend to get twitchy because I find it absurd that most theologies do just fine supporting their clergy, but Pagans suck at it. I blame the 161 Laws. It screwed the rest of us over.

phoenix shadowwolf
TeaDidikai
phoenix shadowwolf
[Kudzu]
There are even Pagans who hunt deer and ducks with guns! *mock shock*
the opposite always pisses me off.
666.5 Love.
*points to self* ignorant. seen that pointed out time and time again, but i'm still quite, well, naive about that... redface

<---is a bad Gaian for not knowing that, i know.

666.5 means someone missed the joke.

Kudzu was mocking those pagans who go vegan because of the cute little animals.

I was joining in because I hunt, fish, trap and all in all enjoy chewing on dead animal.  

TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:57 am
I've got no complaints.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:00 am
My pet peeve is "Mother Nature is sweet and kind and loves everyone!"

Uh-huh. I don't know where you live but out in my neck of the woods there's only one thing you need to remember: you, too, are protein.

Hell, even the trees here can be deadly.  

Oniko-inuki

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:09 am
Oniko-inuki

Uh-huh. I don't know where you live but out in my neck of the woods there's only one thing you need to remember: you, too, are protein.

Heck, if Mother Nature is sweet and kind, then why are there hurricanes, himicanes, tornadoes, tornahdose, earthquakes, tidal waves, and all sorts of other "fun" things?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:18 pm
Tsuzuki
I've got no complaints.
You wouldn't. wink  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:07 pm
TeaDidikai
666.5 means someone missed the joke.

Kudzu was mocking those pagans who go vegan because of the cute little animals.

I was joining in because I hunt, fish, trap and all in all enjoy chewing on dead animal.
ah. thanks.

i figured she was making some sort of reference, i was just expanding.

deadmanjake
Oniko-inuki

Heck, if Mother Nature is sweet and kind, then why are there hurricanes, himicanes, tornadoes, tornahdose, earthquakes, tidal waves, and all sorts of other "fun" things?
all of which are very important to my mindframe. it's kind of one of those things you should expect if you live in a hurricane/tornado/earthquake/tsunami/volcanic area..but that's my pet peeve with people in general.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:47 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
I've got no complaints.
You wouldn't. wink
What's that supposed to mean?  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:18 am
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
I've got no complaints.
You wouldn't. wink
What's that supposed to mean?
It means as a Paradigm Pirate, you wouldn't. pirate  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:24 am
Assumptions that everyone else is less advanced than you are.

That pisses me off to no end in certain Pagan circles I attend. There are some people who are just so bloody vocal about how spiritual they are you just want to give them a smack upside the head and tell them to shut up and let the intelligent people speak. Really. Some people are just so loud to make up for a small, self-conscious, insecure person inside.

It gets worse when they think they're such a wonderful spiritual guide that they decide you need their help.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:21 am
missmagpie
It gets worse when they think they're such a wonderful spiritual guide that they decide you need their help.
This one drives me nuts as well. More so because everyone and their brother around where I live seems to assume this about me.

For some reason I don't think I give off an "OMG! I'm a lost little sheep! Help me!" vibe. ~shrugs~  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:23 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
This one drives me nuts as well. More so because everyone and their brother around where I live seems to assume this about me.

For some reason I don't think I give off an "OMG! I'm a lost little sheep! Help me!" vibe. ~shrugs~

That is how it is with me when I go to Spiritualist communities. Of course, the people who know I know what I am talking about get huge smiles on thier faces when they see people come up to tell me about the religion. Sometimes they openly laugh.  

jaden kendam

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces