Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Music That Isn't Great Yet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:13 am
Fourcolour
boy_no_13

*Jealousy* I dont know if jealousy is an an action, but what the hell...

has anyone heard of Rachel Stamp? They have 2 albums, and another coming out soon, but nobody seems to know who they are- think Placebo, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson and some emo band all mixed together then add glitter and synth!

Great band. I was a bit miffed to hear Robin left. I saw them at the Charlotte in January of 2002 (I think it was the 12th, a Tuesday) and they were great. David singled me out for shouting like a boy though. sweatdrop

Yay- Rachel Stamp- the only band with mostly male members where it is possible to be too manly! Yeah, im sad Robin left, he was cool, but they are still good without him, Victory may be their best song.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:27 am
My favourites are Pink Scab, n.a.u.s.e.a, and Queen Bee. 4laugh  

Fourcolour

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:40 am
Oh yes, Pink Scab is great, I drew a manga picture inspired by it, it disturbs people. I have the live version of n.a.u.s.e.a, its pretty good, but my favorite earlier song is Ladies and Gents- playing it on collage radio was fun!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:36 am
Indie_Chick
Reuben, Do me bad things.

Let's stop hangin' ooooouuuuut!!!!  

davidcrossfan06

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:43 am
girl_no_13
Oh yes, Pink Scab is great, I drew a manga picture inspired by it, it disturbs people. I have the live version of n.a.u.s.e.a, its pretty good, but my favorite earlier song is Ladies and Gents- playing it on collage radio was fun!

Everybody knows that boys are bitches! biggrin

I've only got Hymns For Strange Children and Stampax. Both are amazing though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:37 am
You should get Oceans of Venus, its really good, its interesting to see that they can do a song that almost sounds classical.
This thread should possibly be renamed 'Rachel Stamp Discussion', which is great, as I have only ever met three people who like them!  

girl_no_13

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:27 pm
It has to be said - in real life David looks pretty ropey. Like a bad drag queen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:31 pm
Oh no! You're destroying my illusions! Still, I have seen pictures one of my friends took when he went to see them, and Shaheena was still gorgeous, she caused spontaneous lust among lots of people.  

girl_no_13

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:36 pm
girl_no_13
Oh no! You're destroying my illusions! Still, I have seen pictures one of my friends took when he went to see them, and Shaheena was still gorgeous, she caused spontaneous lust among lots of people.

Shaheena Dax is spontaneous lust made flesh. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:39 pm
Wow, you're disproving my theory that most boys have really bad taste in girls- yay!  

girl_no_13

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:05 pm
girl_no_13
Wow, you're disproving my theory that most boys have really bad taste in girls- yay!

Most boys don't live by the mantra 'What would the Batman do?' either...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:32 pm
Dress up in PVC/rubber and pretend to be a giant flying mammal?

Works for me.

Queen Adreena (I missed something, when did they change to Queenadreena, or was it always that and I did not notice?)  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:06 pm
A Lost Iguana
Dress up in PVC/rubber and pretend to be a giant flying mammal?

Kevlar... fine-weave Kevlar...

The rubber bat-suit is for Catwoman's benefit and her's alone!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:12 am
Oh, I'll add Melanie Garside to the list (seeing as she made a pretty good solo debut under her Maple Bee moniker).  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:39 am
I feel a bit ashamed at just how little of my music collection is British. We seem to excel at folk (Billy Bragg, The Pogues) but bugger all else. If anyone has any British punk or hip-hop acts to recommend I'd be very grateful.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff