Reply Official NANA Guild
How did YOU find out about Nana? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where did you find out about Nana?
  Read it in Shoujo Beat.
  Saw it in Bordors and kinda just picked it up.
  SCANLATION SITES!!
  O_T_H_E_R
View Results

Sir Hamilton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:52 am
I picked up the first or second volume of shojo-beat back in 05 on vacation and read Nana and Absolute boyfriend. I was obsessed with AB and forgot about Nana. Then On youtube last summer i stumbled up on the anime and started watching it. I watched the live movie and I though that when Hachi met Takumi it was the end. However I came back to watch the rest of the Anime cuz I stopped at 12 and then I realised it went waaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond meeting Takumi so I just watched episodes 13-38 a few weeks ago in about 2 days and Im now hooked.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:52 pm
Friend made me watch the movie. cool  

Copyrighted

Maleia47

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:13 pm
I found the first one at half price books... now i'm truly addicted.

heart Hachi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:50 am
I was randomly surfing the web and stumbled across a yuri site. I went to the gallery section and there were some picks of NANA.  

Psychadelic

dazziOs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:19 pm

I didn't really find out about NANA.
    A family friend just gave the manga to my sister as a Christmas present!
    I got bored so I started reading it and then I become kind of obsessed with it!
    ;DD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:49 am
I saw the manga in a manga shop, but didn't recognize it. But a few days later, I saw some episodes of the anime and decided to buy the manga - now it's one of my favorite manga series ^^.  

MiyukoKDU

Gracious Hunter

DiGiTALolita

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i support cupcakes...

My friend on gaia told me about it last summer... before it was more popular.

and eating them =]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:16 pm
I was browsing the recommended section of a Naruto fan site xD
I thought it looked interesting and went to check out the anime. It had just started, so...almost a year now ._.  

CuriousKitty

dissusan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:04 pm
well i was at borders with my cousin looking ai's paradise kiss when i notices another manga with her name on it witch was nana, so i bought it and fell in love then downloaded all the manga and began watching to anime and got the live action off ebay, it's such a wonderful series!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:06 pm
It was partly through Hyde and Shojo Beat. I'd heard that Hyde had collaborated and written the music for another artist, for the first time ever, so I was curious to see who it was. It was for Mika Nakashima, as Nana. I searched everywhere for information on the 'movie' the song was used for, and found out it was the live action for a manga, by Ai Yazawa, creator of Paradise Kiss and Kagen no Tsuki (another connection to Hyde). I downloaded a video, thought the song and Mika were cool, but I forgot about it after a while. Then I later got the preview issue to Shojo Beat after I bought the last issue of Animerica (It was the summer of '05), and that's when I started loving it.  

REVELATION star

iBEMidori

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:00 am
*Unbelievable... from DAD!!! He recommended NANA*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:13 pm
Ok so this is a real long story well not super long.

One of my friends told me about Paradise Kiss. I saw the anime for PK and then I was hooked I stopped watching like the fourth episode of it and decided to read the manga. When I finished reading PK I just wanted to read more of Yazawa Ai's works so I asked my friend I believe. I asked her about the other works of Yazawa Ai and then she told me about Nana so it took me a while to really read it. sweatdrop So I read like the second volume of Nana to begin it and then I got seriously hooked. Now I read and watch the manga and anime as much as I can.

There is my very long not super long story. xd  

dryless

leiaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:56 pm
I was also on naruto fan plus and had a whole lot of megabytes to waste before they expired for the month and NANA kept getting featured as a recommended anime in the #1 or#2 spot so I finally started downloading the first eps and couldn't get enough!!! finally when I was done witht he anime, I needed to know more and went straight through the scanlations from where the anime left off (and some of the beginning). I need to go back though and reread from the beginnig cause I have no idea where Ryoko came into the story and thats the only part that confuses me a bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:47 pm
I started Nana when i saw it in the library and I read the first 4 books!! It was REALLY good~~to me, and so I looked for it online. After that, I found the movies on the internet and watched it through that. It's an AMAZING movie and manga. I LOVE Ai Yazawa!!  

lilmints4life

Khrea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:10 pm
Like a lot of people here I read and liked Paradise Kiss. And one time I saw Nana on the cover of a Shojo Beat magazine in the library and I knew right off it was Ai Yazawa's artwork. I read some of it in the magazine and I liked it so I also went to the manga section and bought the first 5 volumes ^^  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff