Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
G.A.T.M.O.B. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:42 pm
ninja

We have been provided with an off-site haven, away from the jurisdiction of the Gaia moderators.

Here we can plot, organise and make mischief. Also, discussion of yoghurt, tea and general banter is pretty-much a given.

ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:49 pm
Dont forget the Wombats mad  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:50 pm
Indie_Chick

Where did we mention wombats?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:53 pm
Invictus_88
Indie_Chick

Where did we mention wombats?
We didn't.
But we so blatantly should.  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:47 am
I am SO certain you are Gaulia's twin sister... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:15 am
Nebelstern

I made the *cough* mistake of getting Lost Prince to give her my phone number yesterday. Apparently the people on the news are 'really annoying'.  

davidcrossfan06

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:24 am
They are? eek
I stole Indie_Chick's number from Owen. She sounds a LOT like Gaulia. A LOT. Anyway... who is Lost Prince?

Sorry, I remember who that is now...
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:32 am
j0sef
Nebelstern

I made the *cough* mistake of getting Lost Prince to give her my phone number yesterday. Apparently the people on the news are 'really annoying'.
lol niice sig about the mods xd  

Mr. Bono Vox

Gaulia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:48 am
Nebelstern

She could be... She could be...

Wouldn't that just be so cool? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:43 am
I'm not sure. Would it actually change anything?  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:01 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=597070

Flip''s profile. Check her journal.

Shall we offer her formal GBG support? It sounds like she''s in a version of what we faced with GATMOB.

It''s up to you, I won't act without the support of the Guild.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:36 pm
Invictus_88
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=597070

Flip''s profile. Check her journal.

Shall we offer her formal GBG support? It sounds like she''s in a version of what we faced with GATMOB.

It''s up to you, I won't act without the support of the Guild.

Even after reading this whole thread I'm still lost. o.O

What are we supporting? Can someone inform me as to what is going on, or is it none of my business?

If so, I won't take offence for you telling me so, and I'll continue on with my tomfoolery on the other threads.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:02 pm
There was an issue where one of the moderators tried to have me unjustly removed from Gaia, threatening to ban my account.

I had to move all my gold and items into a mule and some of the leading GBG members sent PMs in my support.

After than the moderator started paying a suspicious amount of interest in GBG members, illegally banning signatures and watching for every little slip-up. Even reading pages in here..

From that the GATMOB (Gaians Against The Mistreatment Of Brits) arose to meet this double injustice calling for the mod in question to be removed.

They rallied for support in the threads, the key members were in IM contact, and And_Solo_Said financed a secret Guild for discussion of our plans.

A mole in our ranks (still not found) then sent word to the moderator that the guild existed and the moderator took parts of what Bono Vox said out of contexts in order to try and ridicule the movement.

They went underground and carried on their discussions on an offsite chatroom which still exists, though the role has changed. SD.

At the end of the day, people pulled out funding from GaiaOnline in protest, letters were sent to the Admins and a GBG powered hell was raised. The moderator in question is now removed from his post.

Essentially, the GBG now has a reputation for standing up to moderators who abuse their power. One of the reasons that I am so proud of this Guild and the members who make it what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:35 pm
Invictus_88
There was an issue where one of the moderators tried to have me unjustly removed from Gaia, threatening to ban my account.

I had to move all my gold and items into a mule and some of the leading GBG members sent PMs in my support.

After than the moderator started paying a suspicious amount of interest in GBG members, illegally banning signatures and watching for every little slip-up. Even reading pages in here..

From that the GATMOB (Gaians Against The Mistreatment Of Brits) arose to meet this double injustice calling for the mod in question to be removed.

They rallied for support in the threads, the key members were in IM contact, and And_Solo_Said financed a secret Guild for discussion of our plans.

A mole in our ranks (still not found) then sent word to the moderator that the guild existed and the moderator took parts of what Bono Vox said out of contexts in order to try and ridicule the movement.

They went underground and carried on their discussions on an offsite chatroom which still exists, though the role has changed. SD.

At the end of the day, people pulled out funding from GaiaOnline in protest, letters were sent to the Admins and a GBG powered hell was raised. The moderator in question is now removed from his post.

Essentially, the GBG now has a reputation for standing up to moderators who abuse their power. One of the reasons that I am so proud of this Guild and the members who make it what it is.

So, this girl, Flip. I'm assuming it's a girl, because the profiles are disabled as I type this, is having a similar problem. What is it that we can possibly do?

I think that before we rush into this, that we have a plan of action at the very least.. And, who is the moderator that she is having a problem with?

Or, maybe misinterpeting what you're trying to say... Perhaps I should wait till the profiles are enabled again so that I may read her journal.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:54 am
I'm not sure i'll do anything till Gaia is back on good form anyway. However whereas we were dealing with only one moderator, it sounds like she has more than that.

I'm not sure there's much we can do, however showing our support (once I know for sure exactly which side to take) would lend a greater strength to her voice and it would be fitting for a Guild which is known to stand up for the underdog.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff