Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime distributed through YouTube: Right or wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrotek
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:39 pm
not sure if the point has been covered, but what people are doing on youtube is legal. it's file sharing. youtubers are not making any profit what-so-ever.

i'm not saying i agree with what they're doing, but they're going by the rule book are they? really, what's the difference between uploading anime and such on youtube and lending your friends borrow the entire collection? =/  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:22 am
i think it's okay for subbs, because i like to watch them in japanese and usually i like shows that aren't out in the us yet, and so it's handy for that.  

Arya.Riona

Mizu40k

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:52 pm
I dont mind it espeically since Anime Dvd's are expensive but there should be some kind of restrictions like after a certain amount of time should youtube have to delete that episode or something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:27 pm
Well; I think it's right that youtube has anime'cause it allows people who don't have access to some anime to watch them through this way  

Nenator Abbadon

Makoto Kamashiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Abbadon Nenator
Well; I think it's right that youtube has anime'cause it allows people who don't have access to some anime to watch them through this way
Though think about it from the company stand point, you are losing money because of companies like you tube so honestly I believe studios such as ADV, Geneon, Bandai, ect. should be cracking down on this. Just think about it this way, if you were say CEO or whatever of a production studio and come to find out that a website is posting your shows on there and people can watch free. From my standpoint, Id would be pissed off. As a person who is pursuing a voice actor career, Id have to say youtube needs to take any anime eps off there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:07 pm
you know, because anime such as naruto are shown on youtube, there's a chance that they get more exposure. doesn't this mean getting more fans leading to more profits?

companies like bandai and adv' sources of money come from more than just selling dvds. =P think of the amount of accessories they're selling. on top of that fact, there are quite a few who actually buy the anime/manga after seeing it for the first time on youtube.

i've already said it before. all youtube is doing is sharing media, it's legal, there's nothing wrong with it. this is the same as libraries lending you books, those publishers aren't making money from libraries' users.  

Syrotek
Crew

s1lents1lver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:21 pm
I watch animes on youtube because well i can't afford the anime, I buy the mangas as much as i can but, hey sorry i'm breaking the laws, sue your not getting much. and sorry for asking this question if i missed it but where can i also watch anime?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:15 pm
i think it's write because i can't afford a 60-dollar thing of anime. and i agree with Iyamashi. more exposure means more money for other merchandise.  

FoxAnime

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:46 pm
Well, I would say that since Youtube has been taken over by Google, the uploads have been a lot faster on my computer. I use Youtbe ONLY for my anime and amv purposes. If Google shuts down ALL of the anime on the site, I can guarantee a nice hefty percentage of their users are going to leave, or stop watching videos and abandon their profiles. I would! Whether it is right or wrong to be reproducing copyrighted anime on the website is already clear... It is WRONG. But most people don't care about that. All they want (like me) is to watch free anime that is subbed and up for the ready. You say that the companies are losing money because no one is buying the DVDs but are instead watching them on Youtube. The main reason though why this is happening is because not many true fans enjoy the dubbed versions of the anime. The companies are also slow on the uptake to producing the DVDs... The issue also remains that the DVDs are overly expensive to a person who has no natural income besides possibly a weekly allowance, and in my case-NOTHING. So Youtube is a haven for people who do not choose to purchase all of those DVDs. mrgreen or so that's what I have concluded thus far.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:52 am
Pixie_PunkX
I agree with sampling an episode or two just to see if the series is good. 3nodding
I agree with you.  

Sugary-Poison

Cola Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:35 pm
This was posted on ANN recently:

Quote:
Twentieth Century Fox has been granted a subpoena against YouTube for the identity of a user who uploaded episodes of The Simpsons prior to the episodes' premiere on Fox.

Possible green light to go after distributors of anime who release unlicensed anime before being licensed?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:37 pm
The Dark Dragon of Chaos
the crack down your talking about is because google recently bought out you tube, so all the anime is going bye bye. i hear their renaming it googtube. blah.
i never use it to watch anime, i have about twenty sites that have free anime that i prefer. i just hope that don't touch the amvs

i neither agree..nor disagree.... I've seen a couple of episodes here and there. But only if the episodes in the CD that was provided to me were missing some and I badly want to watch the next one (and limewire seems to run slow on my comp crying at times) coz its just so deym exciting! hehehe (namely bleach, i tried looking for FMA episodes there as well but unfortunately nothing seems to come up o.O) errr... heyyyy... can i juz ask a few of those urls you know for those that hosts anime episodes? biggrin  

l1lmiss

Ragstyle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:42 pm
I believe if the company knows it's going on,and they don't go anything,it's alright.And if the viewers like the show on youtube,and watch it on television,the stations ratings will go up.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:43 pm
yaoilicious
The main reason though why this is happening is because not many true fans enjoy the dubbed versions of the anime. The companies are also slow on the uptake to producing the DVDs... The issue also remains that the DVDs are overly expensive to a person who has no natural income besides possibly a weekly allowance, and in my case-NOTHING. So Youtube is a haven for people who do not choose to purchase all of those DVDs. mrgreen or so that's what I have concluded thus far.

I would like to add on a point from this as well. I can assure you that there are people out there anyweiz.. who if they really do enjoy the shows so much would still want to buy the original DVDs and mind you, would be very keen to do so... maybe for their collection or something like that... so it don't really matter... for those who haven't seen the animes that seem popular to the public, they aren't really gonna buy a full volume of that anime are they? not knowing whether they might like it or not...  

l1lmiss

Ritoru-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:38 pm
heart I'm greatful for YouTube and people posting anime cause I wouldn't be able to view the anime I have freely *frowns* I love Youtube for it. I understand how people could be upset due to copyrights but even so, I still am glad that I have the ability.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff