Broken mirrors bring bad luck.
  Don't let black cats cross your path.
  Never walk under a ladder.
  Smoosh three ants and it'll rain.
  Polls give you gold.
View Results

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:26 am
I don't believe in any of those superstitions, but I get edgy when there are black birds hanging out above my house, and I always feel like it is my responsibility to say "have a safe trip" to a traveling loved one.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:41 pm
I toss a pinch of salt over my shoulder if I spill it.  

Twill Hat

Bakurish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:50 pm
My Dad gets all pissy if I open unbrella in the house. I like doing it to piss him off.

Other than that... I don't think I follow any superstitions. Ever. When I was little though, I hated to swallow gum because someone told me that it's get stuck in my throght for seven years. I didn't want to die then.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:10 pm
I've heard a few...Odd...Ones in my share of years...
1) If a crow flies into your house, someone you know will die soon. Crows fly into our house all the time, but aquaintences haven't died a week before or after the fact.
2) Never have the head of your bed point south. I've had my bed point south before, but I didn't have any more or less bad luck then I already did.

That's all I know right now, but I'll probably find more sooner or later.  

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:21 pm
Amadeo_91
ve been told that if you put your Tshirt on backwards, you have to spin around 3 times before you fix it.
I always heard that if you leave it that way, you get good luck, but only if it stays that way all day.
Well, the way I heard it applied to all clothing (except underwear, which you can turn inside out after lunch) And, that if you aren't having good luck and your clothes are inside out, you should fix it and reverse the luck. *shrug*

I did not make this up, but that doesn't mean I believe it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:42 pm
Amon the Halfbreed
Veruniel
If you want to live and thrive,
let a spider run alive!

I don't really believe it. But I'm told killing spiders is bad luck, and I've heard it so often that I feel a terrible forboding if someone does it in my house.

I also feel funny about people getting a hold of strands of my hair. I usually leave loose hair in the middle of a field or toss it in a river, where no one's likely to nab it.

So, who else has funny superstitions? I'm sure I'm not the only one!

the pentacle is of the devil rofl

Ha ha ha. . . No it's not smart a**

I carry around a nail in my pocket, my grandma always tells me to

Morgue.Resident

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:45 am
Veruniel
If you want to live and thrive,
let a spider run alive!

I don't really believe it. But I'm told killing spiders is bad luck, and I've heard it so often that I feel a terrible forboding if someone does it in my house.

I also feel funny about people getting a hold of strands of my hair. I usually leave loose hair in the middle of a field or toss it in a river, where no one's likely to nab it.

So, who else has funny superstitions? I'm sure I'm not the only one!

well if you touch a book before it done it will never be completed and i got the proof on that, if your instinct is telling you to be on the watch you be on the watch  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff