Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

boomboom633

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:23 pm
Shadow_of_hate
my dad saw me the other day in my usual outfiet, walking down the streat and listning to death metal and heavy metal... he freaked and pulled over on the streat and started yelling at me... i just glared at him and walked off... leaving him staring after me shouting...
WoW i dont think my dad would even think of doing that!! Thats harsh! exclaim  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:26 pm
you have no idea...  

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

Pyroball

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:35 pm
wow, how did he take that?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:38 pm
ouch. i feel sorrier for his humiliation and incompetence to see who people really might be than i do for you. obviously, he doesnt have as much power as he wants or he thinks he has.  

themagikat

Pyroball

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:41 pm
amen  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:42 am
Pyroball
wow, how did he take that?

well... he yelled at my mom even though they are divorced and now i am grounded for the next month....  

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

Happy Children

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:27 pm
Shadow_of_hate
my dad saw me the other day in my usual outfiet, walking down the streat and listning to death metal and heavy metal... he freaked and pulled over on the streat and started yelling at me... i just glared at him and walked off... leaving him staring after me shouting...
Yeah, I know how it is. My dad had some guests over and told me to stay away because he didn't want to have a bad reputation. I passed by when his friends were over and he started to yell at me saying I'm an embarasement to the family. He hasn't talked to me since.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:59 pm
dad's can be such gits. im not even going to start on mine  

Isobel Bellamy

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:06 pm
im writing a storie about how he looks at me... hatred doesn't begin to describe it...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:23 pm
I parnets hate me......she tells me almost all the time  

Tak7

IraMorti

Demonic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:11 pm
themagikat
okay, my friend, when an infant is baptized into the christian faith only months after birth, how is that teaching? that is forcing. you cant teach a child less than one year old what baptism is and what it entails until they are at least old enough to make a decision that isnt based on what mommy and daddy want. when they can decide for themselves without the aid from anyone else than im happy for them, no matter what path they choose, however i dont like it when i see infants baptized, or children confirmed without knowing what it is. i was confirmed and i had no clue what anything meant until a few years later. it was around eighth grade that i learned most of what xtianity is and it was then i realized it wasnt for me, however i still worked hard to be an xtian because i wanted to make my parents happy. that fell through when i read up on paganism and i realized where i was and where i should stand, so i dont acknowlage anything that happened or any signifigance to it. if its a deadly sin, or i am wrong and im gonna suffer in your hell for it, than so be it. ill accept i was wrong and ill go to whats in store, but as for everyone else, i just want them to be able to make their own decision.

Baptism is a Tradition with deep symbolic meaning, it doesn't hurt the child, it doesn't force the child anywhere, it is the Church welcoming the child into the community. It is basically to introduce the community to the child. The Church firmly believes in the African proverb "It takes a village to rasie a child," which is the simplest way to say what im trying to say. It is the Church community's want to support one another in growing up to understand the faith and life in general. And don't you mean first communion? People do not go through Confirmation until their middle teenage years, for the very reason that they need to understand what it means, for it is becoming an adult within the Church. It usually involves Sunday school so that the child can be taught the basics to the faith, such as the ten commandments, some of the stories, whom Jesus is, and what the eucharist represents, etc. Sure the child may have trouble understanding some of it, but through these teachings, and earlier ones from the first couple years of life, the child develops morality, knowing what is right and wrong. Do you think we grow up with an innate understanding of right and wrong? no we don't, our parents teach that to us, which we can see when they teach our younger siblings, At this time they haven't developed operational thought, which are reverible mental processes (ex. for a boy to understand that his brother has a brother, he must be able to reverse the concept of "having a brother.") The ability to grasp ideas and concepts that don't have concrete evidence to prove or disprove are beyond them until around age 11. It is all just preparation so they can tackle the situations when they are ready to tackle them, and if they so desire to leave the faith later, than thats their decision, it is sorrowful for those whom believe wholeheartedly, but we cannot force them to believe, it is of their own freewill (people can try, but shouldn't, most likely they can't accept the fact the other people do have the ability to make their own decisions in life). It is all just preparation for the child's life ahead, so that one day people can choose for themselves.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:06 pm
Well she does not like it that much but i still like being goth domokun  

goth_shadows

themagikat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 pm
Sirek
themagikat
okay, my friend, when an infant is baptized into the christian faith only months after birth, how is that teaching? that is forcing. you cant teach a child less than one year old what baptism is and what it entails until they are at least old enough to make a decision that isnt based on what mommy and daddy want. when they can decide for themselves without the aid from anyone else than im happy for them, no matter what path they choose, however i dont like it when i see infants baptized, or children confirmed without knowing what it is. i was confirmed and i had no clue what anything meant until a few years later. it was around eighth grade that i learned most of what xtianity is and it was then i realized it wasnt for me, however i still worked hard to be an xtian because i wanted to make my parents happy. that fell through when i read up on paganism and i realized where i was and where i should stand, so i dont acknowlage anything that happened or any signifigance to it. if its a deadly sin, or i am wrong and im gonna suffer in your hell for it, than so be it. ill accept i was wrong and ill go to whats in store, but as for everyone else, i just want them to be able to make their own decision.

Baptism is a Tradition with deep symbolic meaning, it doesn't hurt the child, it doesn't force the child anywhere, it is the Church welcoming the child into the community. It is basically to introduce the community to the child. The Church firmly believes in the African proverb "It takes a village to rasie a child," which is the simplest way to say what im trying to say. It is the Church community's want to support one another in growing up to understand the faith and life in general. And don't you mean first communion? People do not go through Confirmation until their middle teenage years, for the very reason that they need to understand what it means, for it is becoming an adult within the Church. It usually involves Sunday school so that the child can be taught the basics to the faith, such as the ten commandments, some of the stories, whom Jesus is, and what the eucharist represents, etc. Sure the child may have trouble understanding some of it, but through these teachings, and earlier ones from the first couple years of life, the child develops morality, knowing what is right and wrong. Do you think we grow up with an innate understanding of right and wrong? no we don't, our parents teach that to us, which we can see when they teach our younger siblings, At this time they haven't developed operational thought, which are reverible mental processes (ex. for a boy to understand that his brother has a brother, he must be able to reverse the concept of "having a brother.") The ability to grasp ideas and concepts that don't have concrete evidence to prove or disprove are beyond them until around age 11. It is all just preparation so they can tackle the situations when they are ready to tackle them, and if they so desire to leave the faith later, than thats their decision, it is sorrowful for those whom believe wholeheartedly, but we cannot force them to believe, it is of their own freewill (people can try, but shouldn't, most likely they can't accept the fact the other people do have the ability to make their own decisions in life). It is all just preparation for the child's life ahead, so that one day people can choose for themselves.

alright. that it what it is supposed to be, not what i went through. i went through confirmation in sixth grade, i went through a year of sunday "school" and learned nothing and as much as i hate to say it, neither did anyone else in that class. second, baptism, while it may be a welcoming, is also the coming to be one of "gods chosen" (in a matter of speaking) i hate to use it again but ill use the catechism to back me

1272 Incorporated into Christ by Baptism, the person baptized is configured to Christ. Baptism seals the Christian with the indelible spiritual mark (character) of his belonging to Christ. No sin can erase this mark, even if sin prevents Baptism from bearing the fruits of salvation. Given once for all, Baptism cannot be repeated.

once baptized, the person belongs to christ, which thus means no matter what they do, they still carry that mark. i believe a person should have the right to decide if they want that mark before they realize it cant be undone or changed.

doing it to infants is basically taking away their freedom to be exactly who they want to be, in my opinion. i dont wanna argue in a mean way, i mean for this more to be a conversation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:39 pm
themagikat
Sirek
themagikat

alright. that it what it is supposed to be, not what i went through. i went through confirmation in sixth grade, i went through a year of sunday "school" and learned nothing and as much as i hate to say it, neither did anyone else in that class. second, baptism, while it may be a welcoming, is also the coming to be one of "gods chosen" (in a matter of speaking) i hate to use it again but ill use the catechism to back me

1272 Incorporated into Christ by Baptism, the person baptized is configured to Christ. Baptism seals the Christian with the indelible spiritual mark (character) of his belonging to Christ. No sin can erase this mark, even if sin prevents Baptism from bearing the fruits of salvation. Given once for all, Baptism cannot be repeated.

once baptized, the person belongs to christ, which thus means no matter what they do, they still carry that mark. i believe a person should have the right to decide if they want that mark before they realize it cant be undone or changed.

doing it to infants is basically taking away their freedom to be exactly who they want to be, in my opinion. i dont wanna argue in a mean way, i mean for this more to be a conversation.

I played with the holy water when I was little one time and kindof baptised me to myself..^^* Ho hum, ho hum...  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:57 pm
very good point magikat im just so glad i didnt get baptized...i was actually asked when i was little but i said that i didnt want to be.......i didnt like christianity even then sweatdrop  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff