Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Gifts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:17 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
There's gotta be a better way. Especially for all those lovely books...
Just because you do not favor it does not mean it isn't the best way for the person acting upon it.
I know. For him it was probably the best thing to do.

Suffice to say it was not something I would do, however I can understand why some would have to.
Does that mean you concede?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:19 am
Elfin Brill
I would NEVER sell family paintings! eek

Why, in the nine worlds does this keep coming down to your personal preferences?

Seriously?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Starlock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:02 am
Deoridhe
Elfin Brill
I would NEVER sell family paintings! eek

Why, in the nine worlds does this keep coming down to your personal preferences?

Seriously?

I don't get it either. Let Reagun do what he wants. It's his decision.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:20 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
Just because you do not favor it does not mean it isn't the best way for the person acting upon it.

Suffice to say it was not something I would do, however I can understand why some would have to.
I never disagreed in the first place.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:21 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

I never disagreed in the first place.
Ummmm....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:32 am
TeaDidikai
Ummmm....
Sorry. I should have made myself clearer. I had hoped there could have been a better way for him to express his grief, but apparently it was what he needed.

It is not what I would do, but I am also (thankfully) not him.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 pm
missmagpie
I had hoped there could have been a better way for him to express his grief, but apparently it was what he needed.
You're still missing part of the experience. This isn't just about grief and the expression there of.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:57 pm
TeaDidikai
You're still missing part of the experience. This isn't just about grief and the expression there of.
Are we still on the point about the destruction of gifts having a cathartic effect? Because technically the catharsis is in the expression of grief, which can be done in various ways. Burning gifts is only one of them, and may be more suitable for some people than others.

The greater benefits can be a cleansing effect and the destruction of certain links, but that has already been discussed.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:01 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Are we still on the point about the destruction of gifts having a cathartic effect? Because technically the catharsis is in the expression of grief, which can be done in various ways. Burning gifts is only one of them, and may be more suitable for some people than others.

The greater benefits can be a cleansing effect and the destruction of certain links, but that has already been discussed.
Care to prove that purgation is the same as expression of emotion?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:21 pm
TeaDidikai
No. I can't. But then again I never said they were. I said it can be a way of expression. The two are not synonymous.

Burning gifts can be an expression of grief as well as purging.

Were you implying that the destruction of gifts is in fact only a method of purgation?  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:03 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
No. I can't. But then again I never said they were. I said it can be a way of expression. The two are not synonymous.

Burning gifts can be an expression of grief as well as purging.

Were you implying that the destruction of gifts is in fact only a method of purgation?
No more so than you were implying that the only form of catharsis is an exmpression of grief.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff