Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek-is it going to dissapear??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will star trek be known only in legends 10 years from now?
  Nope-a new series of star trek will appear!
  It shall dissapear--*cries*
View Results

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:42 pm
twilight-temptress
I was disappointed in Enterprise and not just because the theme song was corny. Too many of the plots focused on Vulcan sex (which may be amusing in fanfics), it became a soap opera, it wasn't going anywhere and I soon lost interest. If/When they do another TV series it needs to be about a unique crew you can grow to love like Voyager (or TNG, or the original,etc.)

I agree totally with you. Man, that theme song..... words can't even describe how I feel about it......blah xp
You're right to be a success there needs to be something totally original about the plot and characters. They need to get some fresh ideas, I would suggest talking to some fans, it's best to go straight to the people who are watching, the audience knows best!!

As for Trek dying... I don't think that will happen, not as long as we're alive anyway.

And to add to the list (sorry I can't remember who mentioned this) other than beepers and cell phones scientists have created something similar to a tricorder to scan for different things, and also they have been working on a "painless needle" (also based on a trek idea). The way it would work is that a VERY tiny and short needle would be inserted into the skin (to inject the meds) but it would be too short to reach the pain receptors under the skin, so the medecine would get into your body without you feeling pain! (pretty cool if I do say so myself.)

Long live Trek! (and trek ideas)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:05 pm
Star Trek will always be with us, one way or the other. 3nodding  

AFK Masturbating

EFSpartan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:56 pm
If there is going to be another series I wonder what's it going to be on? The 26th Century? Or maybe the 30th Century like we saw in the Enterprise series? An new technology that allows us to travel to another Galaxy? Or maybe a gigantic black hole sucking in the Andromeda Galaxy and the Milky Way Causing the collision time to shorten to like say 10 years and during that time Everyone goes crazy (for example the Ferengi, Romulans, Cardassians they like try to kill each other because they are going to die anyway.) The Federation is trying to keep peace and come up with a solution to this new problem... Say billions and billions of anti-graviton emitters... (that would be a pretty hectic series)

If you think these Ideas are lame and will never work then I believe that Star Trek will die... crying

On the Other Hand if you think these are possible ideas then I think there will be another series and start trek will "Live long and Prosper" biggrin

Cuz I really don't see what another series will be based on...(other than the ones mentioned above) it seems all the Bright ideas has already been used...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:31 pm
Very nice ideas, if they were to make a new series they should consult you smile

But honestly what would the point of....well anything be if a black hole was going to suck you up in 10 years? It's a good idea, but if they actually did something like that then they would be killing Trek for good because after that series there would be NOTHING at all and frankly I don't want a black hole sucking up our galaxy to be a cannon part of Trek. Mostly because that would suck (literally XP haha that was so corny....).

But do you get my point? Maybe you just need to tweak your idea a little bit smile  

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:24 pm
I like your ideas, but I'm not sure if they'd actually work. There's a lot of people, myself included, that would want to see more adventures centering around the Milky Way. Not a whole new galaxy.

As for Star Trek dying, no way. No way. There are way too many dedicated fans, Trekkies and Trekkers alike, who will strive to keep the series alive. People will include Star Trek in their kids' lives, people will keep watching the reruns on television, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the next ten years, a new series will premiere. And remember, there's a new movie coming out May '09!  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 am
osaka 01
star trek will never die, i mainly say that becuse star trek is changeing from sci-fi to science fact. trek gave us beepers, cell phones, transporters (yes they are working on long distance transports, they have moved a block 1' so they are working on it). trek might die as a show but will live as real life.

Lets not forget that they also made the holodeck a big thing in our minds. Within ten years I suspect we'll have models more advanced than the demos now and rather than watching Star Trek some fellow geek will BUILD Star Trek. I see this as (thankfully) inevitable. biggrin  

Luxoflax

MiMi Child of Time

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:20 am
I think the new movie will spur a new interest in it... both from the trekkies who have just gotten distracted by real life (crap! why must real life always interfere?!) and new fans from our generation and younger... hopefully some young and socially conscious trekkie will propose an idea to CBS for a new series...

and as other's have said, if you build it, they will come... if a new series IS released, you know we'll all be watching it... (as long as it doesn't suck as bad as enterprise did - i was kinda bummed... it was just starting to get good when they cancelled it!!! ya know?)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:26 am
all things come and go, but at least star trek is at "cult" status. That helps. 3nodding  

Sustineo

Subspace Interference

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:53 am
STAR TREK WILL LIVE ON!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 pm
It hasn't disappeared since the '60s so I'm sure nothing will change now.  

Da Jeans

YourLittleLovingNightmare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:44 pm
i'm PRAYING it never ever disappears! And yet i don't know anybody who likes it (living around me i mean) so you never know. But i'll just be optimistic and hope it stays alive.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 pm
of course it will live on and if they don't get any new series out after this movie im going to start writing one myself*puts hands on hips*  

Tohru-licious

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:33 pm
Tohru-licious
of course it will live on and if they don't get any new series out after this movie im going to start writing one myself*puts hands on hips*

Oh oh! I'll help! Yes, indeedy. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:35 pm
star trek will never die.  

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:47 am
With the reboot in the new movie (and the movies that will follow) I think a newer generation will "take over". Hopefully they'll follow the older shows too...  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff