Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Ah, the annoyingly cruel nature Gaia-unpleasantries... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:21 am
Trolling is following a user round and harassing them, not just in one thread, but wherever they go.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:36 am
Erix Griffon
Trolling is following a user round and harassing them, not just in one thread, but wherever they go.

Oh right...
I can actually visualise Invi doing that, you see...
rolleyes
Mwahaha... I may have to start trolling someone...  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:37 am
Nebelstern
Erix Griffon

Oh right...
I can actually visualise Invi doing that, you see...
rolleyes
Mwahaha... I may have to start trolling someone...

Do unto others Simon rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:08 am
I've just dunked my hand into a hedge of nettles to get a rounders ball and I feel and my hand looks beautiful. And the slut of the year is asking me why I can't run faster. She never runs on no balls and she never hits them either! (sorry for this irrelevant news, I just needed to get it out of my system.  

Broken Keys

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:06 am
I hate rounders. I must have missed most of rounders season with the exams. Theres still athletics *shudder* though.

I am currently outside, sitting on the deck in the sun. All thanks to the power of laptops and wireless internet.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:14 am
ice_illusion
I hate rounders. I must have missed most of rounders season with the exams. Theres still athletics *shudder* though.

I am currently outside, sitting on the deck in the sun. All thanks to the power of laptops and wireless internet.

My laptop's internet is powered by wire-through-the-bedroom-ceiling technology. A pity, really... the plastering was rather nice... sad  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:14 am
I am in a cupboard under the stairs because, my laptop does not have broadband...Ignoring an RE revision book  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:19 am
Get netgear. Wireless internet connection for a couple of computers is good. Well you dont have to but its good.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:27 am
ice_illusion
Get netgear. Wireless internet connection for a couple of computers is good. Well you dont have to but its good.

Meh, cabling was the easier option. Our router isn't wireless, so we would have had to buy more devices in order to make it work. That, and the fact that my laptop has no wireless connection. I'd have to buy a USB device or something similar in order to pick it up.

My dad doesn't like the idea of wireless internet either. He thinks that some of the data flow is lost over distance (which is true to a degree) and that anyone with wireless capabilities could theoretically leech off of your internet connection, with the correct 'skills'.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:30 am
ice_illusion

we have netgear for the main comp, but only because my dad is too lazy to put in cables  

and_solo_said

Gaulia

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:42 am
Netgear here is providing for three PCs and a laptop. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:58 am
Pure Revenge
I've just dunked my hand into a hedge of nettles to get a rounders ball and I feel and my hand looks beautiful. And the slut of the year is asking me why I can't run faster. She never runs on no balls and she never hits them either! (sorry for this irrelevant news, I just needed to get it out of my system.

Ok, I know it's a girl's game but sorry. I really like playing rounders!

sweatdrop

Invictus_88
Captain

Broken Keys

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:22 pm
Quote:
Pure Revenge Wrote:

eek eek eek surprised Since when has rounders been labeled "a girls game"????!!!! eek  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:24 pm
Pure Revenge
Quote:
Pure Revenge Wrote:

eek eek eek surprised Since when has rounders been labeled "a girls game"????!!!! eek

Since the dawn of time  

and_solo_said

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:24 pm
Wi-fi laptops are the future. 3nodding

If your laptop doesn't have an inbuilt card the odds are you'll need a PCMCIA expansion.

Yes, some data may be lost if you're at the extremes of the transmission range, but it rarely affects anything. And while it gives crackers or bandwidth leeches a boost, in that they can connect without sneaking into your house with a cable, it's quite easy to protect your network. My house's network is insanely secure, we've got a computer networking graduate to take care of it. Next door's connection is not. When roadworks accidentally put a spade through our connection I found a place on the stairs where I could leech their bandwidth biggrin

They haven't tried at all, it's a completely open network.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff